Firestone Tire / they are crooks

The manager tried to intimidate me that I needed $800.00 worth of brake work and that I could pull out of the driveway and crash if I didn't get the work done. I am not a stupid female and took my car elsewhere. I only needed front brakes and got them fixed for $150.00 from somebody else. Nothing was leaking like firestone said. The other person fixed the problem quickly. Firestone took 3 hours to give me the estimate. They made me wait an extra 40 minutes just to give my keys. I will never go there again. I suggest you don't either. This was 10141 balboa in Northridge.

Va

Comments

• El
      11th of Jun, 2010

I AGREE. THE STORE AT VOSS & HILLCROFT IN HOUSTON TX. TRIED TO SELL ME A NEW BATTERY & NEW ALTERNATOR FOR $630.08. I DECLINED THE SERVICE, TOOK THE NEXT DAY TO MY VOLVO DEALER, THEY CHARGED ME $ 62.76 AFTER TIGHTING A CABLE & SERVICING MY AC SYSTEM. THIS NOT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS AT THIS STORE. I PURCHASED TWO TIRES, THEY PUT TWO DIFFERENT SIZES ON MY CAR. WHEN I RETURN BECAUSE THE CAR WAS SHAKING AT 70 MILES, I WAS TOLD I NEEDED A RELINGMENT. AFTER TAKING IT TO MY REPAIR PERSON I WENT BACK & TOLD THEM THAT THE PROBLEM WAS. THEY CHANGED THE TIRES. I WILL NOT GO BACK TO A FIRESTONE AGAIN. BETTY R.