Firestone Complete Auto Care / "unethical behaviour"

Date of incident-11/14/2017

My husband took my car into Firestone in Pearl, MS to have the air conditioner repaired. When he arrived the service manager advised him they could not honor a quote he had received prior to getting the job done, which was understandable. He was advised they would check the car (free) and advised what was wrong and how much it would be to repair the air conditioner. Well, upon checking and letting him know the problem, they advised it would be $1100. Well, we decided since the car is so old, we would not put that much money into it, instead of the service being free as told, they charged us $168. Which was not what was told up front. I am not satisfied with this type of service, what if I didn't have that much money on me? You told me it would be checked out for "free" don't come back and give me a price for the service. I have always been a little "leary" of Firestone, have always tried to honor you all; well, after today I am done with having Firestone to even check air pressure in my tires. If he was going to charge me, it should have been explained upfront. People are just trying to make it and this is the type of service you all give to customers. I will not be recommending anyone to Firestone. My father in law asked for someone to fix their car, well; it wont' be you.

Thanks so much for nothing!

• Updated by Lorane Epps, Nov 14, 2017

Date of incident-11/14/2017

Thanks so much for nothing!

Lo