Firestone Complete Auto Carethey will never see another dime out of me nor will they ever come within 10 feet of one of my vehicles for as long as I shall live

Here is a good one! I went to Firestone about a year ago and had some Bridgestone tires installed on my work van. The cashier mentioned that my Transmission fluid should be replaced and recommended a flush as well as the replacement of a pully tensioner/serpentine belt. I made the appointment and paid the $850 for the tires. I returned a week later for the other work which was to take about 1.5 hours. After 2.5 hours the manager came to me and said "there has been a problem". It turns out, the hose they attached to flush the tranny had not been fastened correctly and came off flooding the garage floor with fluid. He then said "the work will take a little longer". I drove away three and a half hours later. My van had under 70K miles on it and 30 days later the transmission went out to the tune of $3600. Was it a result of them pumping all the fluid out of my transmission onto their floor? Who knows! My van is a 1 ton and should not have transmission issues at under 70k miles. To top it all off, when I got home I smelled burning oil when I got out of the vehicle. Upon opening the hood, I was shocked to see red transmission fluid sprayed over the entire engine compartment. They made no effort to clean anything but their floor. I was so mad, I went down the next day and demanded that it be cleaned. They sent my van to a steam cleaner who blasted the engine compartment. Both tranny oil and water are not good on electrical engine components, but what can I say or do! Now for the serpentine belt! It turns out, they use the absolute cheapest crap belts available because it started squealing like a pig for 20 minutes every morning until the cheap rubber material warmed up from the engine heat. This embarrased me at every intersection. The belts they use are simply garbage. I put a Goodyear Gatorback belt on myself and solved the problem immediately. Through it all, I was too afraid to take my van back to them in fear that they would foul something else costing me more. I highly recommend finding a reputable mechanic to work on your auto before you take it to Firestone Complete Auto Care . They will never see another dime out of me nor will they ever come within 10 feet of one of my vehicles for as long as I shall live.

Comments

• Fi
      Sep 02, 2009
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Payed Almost $2,ooo to get car fixed 100% and was not fixed properly
    FireStone Complete Auto Care
    Kingston
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: [protected]

I paid almost $2, ooo to get car fixed to be 100%. Firestone looked over my car and gave me a printout of all things that needed to be fixed and said my car would be like new. Well they didnt do all of the work that I paid for and had charged me 14 hours of labor when they only had my car for 9. Labor is at $45/hr. They are ripoffs. Do not go there for anything.

• Ca
      Apr 05, 2010
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Do not go to Firestone for just an oil change without looking over everything
    firestonecompleteautocare.com

My Mother, a senior citizen went to firestone for a oil change 29.99 and when she checked out her bill was 224.99 thank goodness I review her bills when I saw it I looked it over and they somehow convinced her she needed a 140.00 wheel alignment warranty. she has a new car.. the rest of the money was they balanced her tires none of which she asked for. My mother doesnt even know what a wheel alignment is. I demanded the return the money and they said she was aware, but to this day she still doenst know. the took advantage of her age and knowledge, I did get the money back for her warranty but not the other things she had done that she didnt ask for. dont go to firestone for just a oil change without looking over everything..

• Je
      Apr 06, 2010

I was there recently. You go for an oil change, they want to get you to do all kind of unnecssary stuff to you car. They even got me to apply for a firestone card that allows me interest free for 6 months as long as I made the minimum payment. I will only do the cabin filter with them. It is kind of expensive. It is like $88 or maybe I should wait unitl they have coupons on the sunday newspaper.

• Je
      Apr 19, 2010

I been having problems with my car since I took it in for the oil change on March 28, 2017. Whenever I back up my car, I hear horrible sound. That sound was never there before I took my car into them. I am sure they are responsible for it cuz my car is very new. I wonder what they did to my car to cause that horrible sound????

• Aa
      May 05, 2010
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Bad management
    Firestone Complete Auto Care

Thay fire stone in issaquah wa maniger is one of the worst manigers i have every seen he is very rude and not a good maniger at all.I had to deal with this cris stephens on couple diffrent times and every time he was very rud. I bellevue that i was treated very badly by cris stephens and his staff at the firestone in issaquah wa 98027. thay repirs are very poorly done it seems that thay dont car about there customers very much.

i wouldnt recomned going to this fire stone do to there maniger and how he treats people.

• Le
      Jun 02, 2010
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - This company tries to rip off
    firestonecompleteautocare.com

Took my car in for a safety inspection. At the completion was told that I needed 2 new wipers which they replaced without asking me. This despite the fact that I had put a brand new wiper on the car that morning. When I asked to see the wipers they replaced the service manager removed the charge but showed no embarrassment.

• Li
      Jun 03, 2010
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Firestone is deliberately finding ways to rip people off... be warned
    firestonecompleteautocare.com

Lost brakes on our Acura, brought the car across the street to a Firestone location in Charlotte NC..they told us it ws the ABS and that they needed to be replaced..and also had to replace the brake pads..total cost about $2, 000..and they would not use the brake pads we already purchased saying warranty would not cover it..Took the car down the road for a second opinion at a family owned shop...turns out the Cylinder needs to be replaced. they will do that and the brake pads for $400...Clearly by all the complaints, Firestone is deliberatly finding ways to rip people off..be warned!

Jun 03, 2010
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Confused about their own promotion

Firestone in Bayonne NJ did not know about their own promotion and I was asked

To go home and print the promotion from the website.

Not just that but they were so rude and unprofessional about it..I was so frustrated I went to meineke and got the service done cheaper..never going to Firestone again

I also explained to the manager that I manage a well known office supply store and I will never send my customer home to print out a coupon the associate said that he used to work in the same company and I was wrong.

• At
      Jun 16, 2010
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - They screwed my 16 year old son around
    firestonecompleteautocare.com

Don't go the the Firestone on SM Parkway they screwed my 16 year old son around. Then when I called them on it the owner out right lied. I took the car to 2 other mechanics and they both verified that Firestone was WRONG. ALSO, I called another Firestone after I was told they'd sell me a tire at cost and the tire was nearly 50% below the quoted price of SM Parkway tire..which was suppose to be at COST.

• Kr
      Jun 29, 2010
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Overcharged me for thirty two dollars
    Firestone Complete Auto Care

Comment to potenza, if you call getting $32 for doing absolutely nothing trying to make a living, you've got a great racket there! You did not interpret my complaint correctly. You'll note I mentioned I was disabled in the service of your country and wheel chair bound and unable to mount two of my own tires using a lug wrench and elbow grease. I mentioned that I'm a senior on food stamps with nothing other than $800 monthly from the government to live on. It is my feeling that disabled senior veterans should receive some special considerations from ALL companies including Firestone!

You don't need to hit a home run on every deal guys, loosen up and share the wealth!

• Gi
      Jun 30, 2010
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Overchages for services not rendered
    Firestone Complete Auto Care

Potenza, When you spend all of that money opening your doors every month, you should take a look at a sign that should be right above your door that states the first rule of business, and that is that "the customer is always right". You seem to have lost sight of that or perhaps you don't believe it in the first place! You complain about the cost of disposal and turn around and sell used tires that you've charged disposal fees on and rake in more ill gotten gains! Is there no end to your greed? When you have your $9 breakfast, do you even bother to leave a tip? No more than $1 I'll bet! What the heck, your first customer of the day will pick up the tab with an unearned shop charge! You seem to have an inordinate amount of time on your hands to continue to respond to me with your ineffectual arguments. Perhaps it's due to business being slow, Gee I wonder why? Could it be complete indifference to your customer's needs? People do see through that sort of attitude and respond by staying away from your place of business. I on the other hand being both retired and disabled, find some comfort and solace in exposing the likes of you and other unscrupulous business types. This is what I choose to use my time for, trying to do something for the greater good of the community! If you lived in my neighborhood, your phone service would be improved due to my donation of a piece of my property to the phone company at their request. I agreed because it was for the greater good of the people! You no doubt would have insisted on an exorbitant price for the same piece of land because you feel the phone company could easily afford it or they could raise their rates to cover it. So go ahead and keep trying to defend a position that is untenable, more solace and comfort for me! Whatever you want to call it, it seems to be working!

• Le
      Jul 29, 2010

Jen, I'm sure they would be more than willing to check out your noise but it is not likely to have any sort of issue with them changing your oil. Most of the "unnecessary" recommendations are manufacturer recommendations based on your vehicle's mileage or something that they have seen an issue with during their inspection.

• Lo
      Aug 05, 2010

It's not slander it's libel that guy was dumb. Also I just got my car checked out by them they did a transmission flush and guess what now I have transmission leak.

• Sn
      Oct 20, 2010
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - inflated and unecessary repair fraud
    1 W Hallandale Bch Blvd
    Hallandale
    Florida

I had brought my car in for a simple oil change. The vehicle is only a few years old and happens to be in decent driving conditions. Being out of work I need to limit my spending but if something is wrong, not safe or must be done to my vehicle I will get it done.
    This firestone service center is a nice location and the staff is very friendly and courteous.
    Except when I come in they see me as Donal Trump entering the building.
    My simple oil change became a major automobile overhaul.
    They said I need 4 new tires, a very expensive wheel alignment a full vehicle tune up and a new suspension was required.
    The total for the oil change isntead of the ususal $20 bucks was now about $1500 total.
    I have re-confirmed with my neighbors I am not Donald Trump and my other mechanic said the only thing I should change is 2 out of the 4 tires within the next 2017 miles which should cost about $140 for both tires. Also verified the suspension is nothing to scream about.

So if you visit this location for an oil change, don't accept any other services like changin filters, wipers, suspensions, brakes etc without first going somewhere else to get a 2nd opinion from a trusted service station.
    This location must be starving for money or just like ripping people off.

• Co
      Oct 21, 2010

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right for you. Please call [protected] or email [protected]@bfrc.com. We promise to try to fix this. Thank you.

• Wr
      Feb 03, 2011
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - You guys didn't fix what was asked and broke stuff that wasn't before
    Firestone Complete Auto Care

Brought my son's 1991 Ford Taurus in to get it ready for a long trip. Needed to be winterized and the windshield wiper cleaner fixed. You told my wife it needed a new Master Cylinder among other things and she spent $800 and then you listed another $950 that you said it needed. So I had her take it to another place...they charged us $350 to fix what was actually needed and told us that the Power Booster you installed and that we probably didn't need, wasn't even hooked up. You fixed the windshield wiper sprayer only on the passenger side which he discovered in a snowstorm half way across the country.

• Da
      Feb 28, 2011
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Crooks
    Firestone Complete Auto Care

Every time I bring my car into a firestone, they break something. two differen locations two different cars and both oil change== well looks like you are going to need a new starter. also I had a power sterring hose installed and they intstalled it wrong costing me a new pump lost work time...etc

I think they break things while doing a simple oil change to make additional cash. I have real beef with these kind of outfits they are complete ###.

I now realize just never to go to firestone again, I think there should be an invesigation into their work ehtics.

• Ar
      Mar 25, 2011

I went to your Firestone Complete Auto Care store at 15155 Mcgregor Blvd Fort Myers Fl 33908 on 12/14/10 to have my front end checked for a shimmy. I was given an estimate totaling 1356.36 for problems they diagnosed. I became suspicious and took my car to Victory Lane Chevrolet and they said I needed new tires and that would take care of my problem. Cost was 350.00 and my problem was solved. You are in the business of selling tires and not ripping people off the way your store tried to do. I am sure if I had been some old lady you would have taken full advantage of her. I hope you will address this complaint and take care of the situation. your store # is 010502. Your Salesman was 02 Ricky. Sincerely Arne Anderson 19681 summerlin rd. unit r638 Ft. Myers Fl.33908

F

Lake Elsinore
    California
    Phone: [protected]
    firestonecompleteautocare.com

My car overheated!Firestone towed it to there shop and did a block and pressure test, MNGR. ERIC, nervous about it and does not charge me because he knows that they just serviced my car 5 days prior, he said, he was concerned about the oil in the car. After having it for 4 days, He STATED!!NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR CAR THERE IS NOTHING LEAKING, it passed everything BUT, ..bring it to the dealer.. WHY? IF NOTHING FOUND WRONG? Numerous calls back and fourth to consumers Firestone, regional mngrs, and corporate I manage to get test redone plus a coolant flush, Now they found a leak at the radiator & coolant hose meet.Firestone repairs the radiator and hoses after 9 days having my car and says ITS FIXED pick up your car should have NO MORE PROBLEMS.I no sooner get it home and it goes up a bar in temp gauge. next day I take it to cadi dealer as I WAS TOLD TO DO BY THE REGIONAL MNGR. JOE HUGES AND CORPORATE KATHY SMITH TO DO, SHOULD THE REPAIR WORK THEY DID, NOT FIX MY CAR.FIRESTONE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE!! FOR IT TO BE SERVICED AND REPAIRED. THE Cadillac Dealer preformed a block & pressure test, AND MY CAR FAILED, THEY SAID I HAVE HEAD GASKETS LEAKING, AND THEY STATED THAT THERE WAS NO WAY POSSIBLE FOR FIRESTONE TO HAVE MISSED THIS ON THE FIRST TEST LET ALONE THE SECOND TEST!! AND THIS IS MY STANDARD COMPLAINT!!! AGAINST FIRESTONE.I PUT IN THE CLAIM AS I WAS DIRECTED TO DO SO FROM KATHY SMITH CORP. DAVE DUSACK FROM CLAIMS, TELLS ME THAT KATHY AND JOE WOULD HAVE NEVER AGREED TO DO ANY SUCH THING AND FIRESTONE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE. HOWS THAT? They are the ones who found and said the radiator was the cause of the car over heating, .Dave Dusack was confused over paper work dates as he stated the paper work has the facts & he don't care who I get OR TALK TOO, CAUSE IT'S ALL HEARSAY, & WHEN I SAID THERE IS PROOF DOCUMENTED FROM FIRESTONE CONSUMER, HE SAID PROVE IT, YOU HAVE NO PROOF AND I COULD'NT PROVE ANYTHING & THE ONLY THING THEY DID WRONG WAS MISDIAGNOSE MY CAR. I have been snowballed from FIRESTONE AFTER HAVING BEEN WITH THEM FOR 13 YEARS.NEVER HAVE I BEEN SO HUMILATED AND INSULTED AND SPOKEN TO IN SUCH A DEMEANING WAY I am in such shock!this is not over!!!

• Ey
      Apr 27, 2011

I can sense your frustration over this problem. Firestone is one big ripoff. I too had problems with them. It cost me more than I care to admit. Sometimes I wonder if the employees ever sleep at night, considering they have to do the dirty work for the bigwigs!

• I took my son car for an oil change three weeks later the engine was ruined. I can relate to the frustration but I will say this I know I did all I could to ensure my son car was always maintined. So after several same professional engine mecahnics. They at first still refuse to fix it. # 1 skip the middle man go straigght to the main office in Chicago. Submit a claim through BBB and all other sources. It took over a monthe my son repairs cost more than the vehicle so I was still out especially time and so on. But the more the lies poored in the mader I got the more determined I was for then to just take accountability. My son was the one that really got the short end of the stick. Senior in high school first car and fault was shoved everyway but the right way. At the end even though they didn't pay Toyota to fix it they Mr. Guzik did do his best. I understand you frustration. Good luck

• Te
      May 17, 2011
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Bamboozeled but not for long
    Firestone Complete Auto Care

I took my car into for a oil and lube, and front end alignment. I got a call while they were servicing it. I need a new tensioner, and both belts. Initially I told them that needed to come see the work before I could authorize it. But as the day wore on, I called back and said I want all old parts. When I go in to pick up my car, the representative, shows me a cut belt with some wear an just beginning to show small cracks, the other belt is uncut, and still looks almost brand new as he tries to convince me that it was worn, I still have that belt. Then he gets to the tensioner, lmao, he starts wiggling and wobbling round and round and nothing he can show me, in frustration he finally says well I have to put it in a vice to show you. The audacity of the people. They think we (the customers) are that stupid that we bite into that crap.

• Fs
      Aug 12, 2011

Dont send a boy to do a mans job!

Jun 19, 2012

I agree. They are total ripoffs. Took my car there three times in a row because the AC wasn't working, they did a line test where they used dye to see if the line had a leak, well the first time the car passed the test so they say. But my car wasn't spewing out any air. So I took it back a second time, here, they only recharged the AC (this worked for about two days). Than the third time, I'm told that I had a leak. Seriously, nobody can miss something like this (unless they are just totally incompetent). I ended up paying a whopping total of 500 dollars for all of this and today I discover that the AC is not working again. Here is the thing, the AC doesn't need to be charged on a car that is getting less than 1000 miles a year and I live in a hot/cold state so there is absolutely no need to utilize the AC in the winter. I will be contacting the BBB and my states AG office.

• 95