Firestone Complete Auto Care / customer service

Aurora, CO, United States

I purchased my first set of tires from Firestone in December 2013. In June 2016 I had a blowout while driving on the highway. When I went back to Firestone they did not have my tires in stock and because my car is all wheel drive, I had to purchase another full set of tires.
Recently, my rear passenger tire has been losing air. I took my car in to the Firestone store located at 18701 E Hampden Ave, Aurora, CO 80013 on Monday, Oct 8, 2018. This is the same store where I purchased these tires. I was told they did not have time to look at the tire but, they added air to the tire and I made an appointment for the following Friday at 3 pm.
I arrived shortly before 3 pm the day of the appointment, I sat in the waiting area, right next to the window. I saw my car pulled into the bay, next to the window where I was waiting, at 3:28 pm. For the next 30 minutes I watched no progress on my car whatsoever. I did not see anyone looking at my tires, or conduct any inspection of my tire.
About 4pm the service tech came in, sat down next to me and said "your tires are shot." I stated, "There is a warranty right?" He said, "You only have about 9, 000 miles left on them." I responded, "That is not possible, they are only about 2 years old." The service tech stated, "It is only a 70, 000 mile warranty." Again I stated the tires are only about 2 years old, he looked me and said, "I checked that." I stated, "The tires were purchased in June 2016, after the original tire had a blowout." He stated he would check again.
When he came back his response was, "I don't know how I missed that, but you have only about 55% of the tread left, you need new tires. It will cost you about $378.00 for a full set." I asked "What about my tire, why is it losing air?" The service tech stated "I don't know, I didn't check it. It cannot be repaired." I asked "How do you know? You just said you did not check it." I asked him to add air and I would discuss with my husband.
A few minutes later the manager, or who I assume was the manager, called me to the desk to check me out. He told me my cost for today would be $21.59. I asked what the fee was for, he told me it was for the tire repair. I asked "You mean the tire repair that did not happen? By your own service tech's admission?"
The manager did not look at me or ask any questions, just said "OK" and took the cost off of my invoice and handed me my keys. I assumed by his reaction, he had heard the conversation between his employee and myself, along with several customers in the waiting area.
To add to this my mileage was not checked by anyone, just under estimated by 5, 000 miles and the tread underestimated as well, my tires should have almost 75% of tire tread based upon the mileage, from the time the tires were put on my car in 2016.
After coming home, I contacted the Bridgestone Retail Customer Retention, [protected] and spoke with a customer service representative. She took all of my information, was able to pull up my retail history and stated I would be contacted by a member of management, "Paul" and provided me with a reference number #2331892. She stated "Paul" would contact me within 48 hours. I still have not heard from anyone regarding this matter, and that all took place 4 days ago.
In summary, I went in to get my tire repaired twice at this Firestone. My tire was not repaired, and I was still at risk of a potentially unsafe tire on my vehicle. Is this common practice by this company or simply a business practicing questionable methods? Was I perceived as a woman that could be pressured into purchasing another set of tires that were not needed?
Regardless, I would caution anyone from patronizing this location and potentially this company, ESPECIALLY, if you are a woman.

Tj