Firestone Automotive Service / bad service

I went to the following Firestone location: Firestone Complete Auto Care 17912 Ventura Blvd Encino, CA [protected] I spent $170 on changing my front brakes, and was supposed to get "organic" brake pads, which are the best kind. I went back 3 times because the brakes kept making a noise when I braked. After the 3rd time I went there, they fixed it and the noise went away. 8 months later, the brake pads started to make a grinding noise . I went to Brake Masters (to get a second opinion), and they told me the anti-shem part of the pads fell off (I have this in writing from Brake Masters) and were grinding on the brake pad. They instructed me to go back to the original person who put on the pads (Firestone), and have them replace it, as it should be under warranty. I went back to Firestone, and the first customer service rep (Amir) told me they would replace my pads at no cost, and would put on the "organic" pads instead, since I had a more inferior type of brake pad. At the time, I did not realize that 8 months ago I had paid for "organic" pads (this is written on my receipt from Firestone which I have), but that they had put on a cheaper form of the brake pads on my car, even though they charged me for a more expensive brake pad. So the gentleman asked me to leave my car there, that they would change the pad at no cost to me. I came back 5 hours later, only to be told by the service manager “Kevin” that there was nothing wrong with my brakes, and that only the anti-shem had fallen off and that this was not a big deal. He told me he would replace my brakes if I had any problems in the future, but he refused to give this to me in writing. So I basically left my car there for 5 hours, and they did nothing to my car. On the paperwork they gave me, they stated that they “put back the anti-shem”, but the service manger Kevin told me they took it off – so the paperwork they gave me conflicted with the information that they verbally told me. A week later as I reviewed my original receipt from October 2005, I realized that I paid for organic pads, and they did not put those pads on, but instead they put on a cheaper form of the pads. I feel cheated because they lied to me and that I feel like they are dishonest mechanics at this location. That day he was even trying to convince me that I needed 2 new back tires, when I had actually bought brand new ones a couple months ago. They are dishonest and try to make commission by recommending consumers to buy parts that they do not need.

Ji

Comments

• 2h
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I went to a Firestone store at 36th Street & Thomas in Phoenix, AZ. I paid for a safety maintenance check and a tire rotation, I then drove about 45 miles and lost control of my vehicle on the highway, I was able to stop my vehicle, however I was facing traffic on I-17. Thank God we were not killed, myself and my 5 year old Son. My Driver's side rear tire and my Passenger's side front tire were coming off of my Explorer. Firestone sent a Tow Truck, which took 5.5 hours to get there. Then Firestone only replaced the Bolts and lug nuts that were missing and told me my vehicle was FIXED. It was not, it needed several hundred dollars of work to be done, then Firestone told me that everything that was broken, was like that and said that it was on their inspection sheet, What Liars, I have my copy of the safety inspection and the only thing it showed was that my rear shocks were showing some wear & as long as I did not overload my vehicle it could remain like that for years, Exact words from their ASE Certified Mechanic, Assistant Manager. Firestone has never taken any responsibility for this motor vehicle accident. they have gone out of their way to be rude and patronizing, and have actually stated that I should have checked my lug nuts after driving a few miles then my family would not have been put in danger and I would not have needed to have back surgery etc. The store that I went to Advertises that they are Car Care Specialists, They fired the Technician that worked on my vehicle and I heard that I was not the first car accident because of not tightening the lug nuts properly. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they fought it and said it was going to be litigated so the BBB had no jurisdiction. So Buyer Beware, double check everything that they do. They are dishonest and they truly DO NOT CARE. They have signs everywhere stating that their mechanics are certified and then they have technicians and Assistant Managers that have Not finished or even started their training, but they are still working on vehicles. You are putting the safety of your entire family in their hands.

22nd of Jul, 2009

Shut up and buy a decent truck instead of that 25 year old POS you're driving your family around in.

22nd of Jul, 2009

You're kind of a jerk if you DON'T check work when it's done on your car.

• 19
      29th of Jul, 2009

that's very rude thing to say to someone who's life was put in danger because of negligence. This particular incident was an external thing which you could see but what if it was an internal work? How exactly would someone go about checking that. What you obviously are not understanding is that someone put their trust in a mechanic they paid to do a job correctly.