Fireside Bank / Unprofessionalism and harassment

1 Pleasanton, CA, United States Review updated:

Today is July 13. I received a call from Fireside at 1:00 p.m. The representative ask my name then proceeded to yell at me with threats of picking up the car. As I have told Fireside, I have done my best to make payments based upon my availability of funds. My car payment is 272.52 per month the previous payment I sent was $300. I am managing the best I can to meet the minimum payment. I am disappointed that Fireside personnel would act in an unprofessional manner such as the yelling and threats that occur today. I will continue to make my payments as stated but will no longer be subject to the unprofessional communication that I have experienced such as today. The unprofessionalism has continued to trigger stress which in turns aggravates a health issue I have.

I pray some agency will deal with this to stop consumers from the unprofessionalism and harassment that is being practiced at Fireside.

Va

Comments

• Co
      19th of Sep, 2008

i totaly agree with jack. i was late on one month and it has set me back these last 4 months. i keep sending them money and the keep calling and its stressing me out! the call my work 5-6 times a day. they are driving me off the walls. they scream at you. they are just rude to the t! i feel like telling them i give up just pick up the dam car.

• Yo
      23rd of Oct, 2008

### fireside bank! they can suck a fat dick!

• Li
      20th of Nov, 2008

These people at Fireside Bank are just rude. My husband and i bought a car about 3 years ago paid it off and then got another one financed by Fireside. Well, we are going through some financial difficulty . They call us constantly about 20 or more messages a day on our answering machine. I call them to make arrangements but end up even more upset because they are so mean! They have actually told me to go to a church and ask for money!!! ?????? I hope they never have to go through this.

• Th
      21st of Feb, 2009
    Fireside Bank - Too High of Interest Rate and they will not lower it!
    11911 Newton apt 64 Grandview, Mo 64030
    Pleasanton
    California
    Phone: 816-372-7596

I had purchased a 2017 Chevy trailblazer Ext (but on the Suv it says LT) in 2017...I called Firesidebank to ask them to lower my interest rate...the rep stated that they do not refinanced any loans and that I will have to just have to pay the truck off or go to another bank to get the Suv refinanced (with over 100, 000 miles cluster doesn't work, and cd player no longer play) no bank will finance me...I have filed a local complaint with my attorneys general office still waiting on a reply...

• Je
      16th of May, 2009

Fireside's practices are clearly a violation of the Fair Credit Practices Act thing! Have the been reported to the FTC?? I'm sure their BBB report is an F-!!! They call constintly if you are 5 minutes late!! EVERY SIBGLE DAY, Holiday's included! Today they are using a disguise phone # of "Sandra Lynn Flo" 925 area code is pleasanton on my cell! So I know it is them or an employee using a cell phone! This Sat. morning (8am) I recieved 5 calls back to back within 20 minutes! That is disgusting & can not be legal?! NEVER EVER do business w/ this bank!! Nope. That reason or excuse or situation you just thought of-nope-no car or day or situation or reason is good enough! NEVER means NEVER!!! I will be praying w/ the other lady that someone puts a stop to them. I hope people don't do business w/ them so they are forced to close down. Good luck to everyone stuck with them. May God bless us all!!

• 15
      1st of Jun, 2009
    Fireside Bank - Disorganized, unprofessional
    California
    firesideautofinance.com

This is one very disorganized, Unprofessional company. I have recieved calls at my home, job and cell phone for non-payment harassment. I had called my bank to see if it was cashed, and guess what? It was cashed by FIRESIDE BANK over 3 days ago!! Why am I getting harassed for a payment that was received already. Secondly I called about 1:30 in the afternoon on a tuesday and i get a message to call back during normal business hours!! What gives?!?! I know somebody was there i had been getting calls from them all morning. Thirdly when one of my coworkers answered the phone, they were given my information to someone assuming it was me!! Did they not ask is this John Doe?!!?!?! This was rather embarrassing, as my co-worker thought I was financially irresponsible when FIRESIDE WAS WRONG!!! I absolutely could go on and on with reasons why you should never use this company for a loan!!

• Tm
      25th of Jul, 2009

First off, I am currently a Fireside customer and have no complaints. I actually pay more than my monthly payment of $245. I look at this way, if I pay more my principal will come down faster and I get the car paid off faster. I also have my payment set up directly through my bank so I know it comes out on a specific date and I don't have to worry about running around before a deadline. People just have to learn how to budget and live WITHIN their means and stop trying to keep up with the Jones'. Especially in a tough economy. If you lost your job, I am sorry, but a person shouldn't wallow in self-pity, pick yourself up, sign up for unemployment and actively get up and look for work. If it means going to work for a fast food restaurant then do it...people often confuse their net worth with what they are actually worth. They think a low level job is beneath them and are unwilling to stoop to that level no matter what. People were working with blinders on thinking their job was secure that they missed the warning signs and/or they ignore the fact that it wasn't going to effect them. Now faced with starting over they don't know what to do. You should always imagine and live your life like it can be taken away from you at any moment (such as a fire, flood, or other acts of God). Nothing in life is constant, it's always changing even though it appears its moving slowly. If you can't afford your car well then give it back. Worried about your credit, forget it it's already ruined from your other mounting debt. Just focus on what you can pay and pray. Besides you can't take your riches or treasures with you to Heaven the only credit you need to have is your faith and forgiveness in Jesus.

• Gr
      25th of Jul, 2009

Under the FDCPA, consumers have several rights. It is illegal to "leave 20 messages on your answering machine in one day" as one person said... which makes me believe that person is lying. I'm sure a commercial business knows their rights, responsibilities, and the laws that govern them. What is with people these days thinking they have such a sense of entitlement?! PAY YOUR BILLS, PEOPLE!! If you can't afford them, sell your car and get to walking/taking the bus/move closer to your job so you can manage to live within your means. People always have excuses as to why they can't pay their bills... There is never an excuse. Ever. Take care of your problems and make your life work.

5th of Aug, 2009
    Fireside Bank - Disorganized and Rude
    Oregon

Over a year ago I purchased a 2017 Satun Vue and had it financed through Fireside as they were the only bank willing to finance a 22 year old with no credit. After accepting their insanely high interest rate I made my payments on-time and in full for a whole year, offten adding another couple hundered in when I could afford to in order to pay the loan down a little. After being laid-off from work in January I called to inform them of the change and to explain that my payment would be late but they would get it. January and February went by with late, but full payments. In March, a week before my payment was due the phone calls for payments started. I now get at least 6 calls a day (every day) from various agents asking, no really it's more demanding, that I make a payment. Since I am unemployed still my bills are paid as soon as I have the money. For about 2 months I got the same agent with every call and they were understanding and let me make small payments of whatever I could in order to keep current, infact I even got a little ahead so she stopped calling, then around payment time several new agents started calling and harrasing. One even told me that they didn't care that I had no job, I shouldn't have lost it in the first place and that if I didn't pay with-in 24 hours my car would be gone. I had to borrow the money from my mom just to get this guy off my ###. I was also very embarrased by his comment about my job situation, he just assumed I was doing nothing and that I had done something to lose my job when I in-fact had no controll over it like many other people. I spoke to his mannager about this and recieved a flippant response and yet another request for a payment.

It also seems to do no good to arange a payment with them, I have had them hold my account information until a specific date for payment but never-the-less I still get multiple daily calls.

As soon as I am able I am going to refinance with another bank, I don't care if they double my rate, nothing can be as bad as Fireside's abhorent customer service.

18th of Aug, 2009

Have you heard anything from the Attorney General? I also have financed with Fireside and was informed that they do not refinance loans. Interest is high & have made payments on time, had I been made aware of this situation, I would chose the lather. If you have any info on Fireside's dark business dealings please let me know. I am trying to get out of this situation of spending money on a company that does not even consider helping their customers. email me @[protected]@yahoo.com

4th of Jun, 2010

Fireside took my sons car over 3 years ago and all of the sudden are calling me ( his mother) at work. up to 3 and 4 times a day. I have no idea how they got my number, I know for a fact that none of my information was on my sons loan. I made sure of that because I did not agree with the whole transaction .
    My son is over 21 and I am not responsible for his debts. And I will not
    call him or get involved in this since I was completely against the whole loan and car. which blew up a month after he bought it.
    he got totally ripped off by the car dealer and had to let it go since he did not have funds to get it fixed.
    I called FIRESIDE and they were VERY rude. and would not agree to take my number off or said they would see. I said "I am not asking I am telling you to take it off" . so we'll see if they call back, if they do call back I will file every complaint to every institution that is willing to take a complaint on banks.

• Ta
      10th of Jan, 2011

I too have the same problem with Fireside, they sold me this car and placed me in a bad loan because I am young and it was my first loan. No one explained to me that intersted is compounding daily!!! Yes daily. I am paying $380/month and only $80 of it applies to the principle amount. I need help to get out of this loan! Please anyone with any information email me at [protected]@yahoo.com