Fireside Bank sucks / Rude Business Practices

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Fireside Bank is a horrible company to deal with - NO customer service from the President down.

I made arrangements to pay off my balance on NOV 26 (due date NOV30). I was told what my FINAL payment was to be and that it needed to be in their office by DEC 6th. On DEC 2nd (6 days later), I received a collection call, the girl stated she was collecting a debt and i informed her that arrangements had previously been made and that their wires must of gotten crossed at Fireside, everything was fine. The very next day, the rudest ### (Fernando - if that was even his real name) called and demanded that I interrupt my day and pay my balance now. I informed him that arrangements had already been made and that I did not appreciate his rude mannerism. He told me he did not care, there was no record of anything and that a late payment had kicked in already and unless payment was made now, my account was going to collections. I again told him that I had already made arrangements back on Nov 26 and that the check was already sent. Before I could finish, he rudely cut me off and again stated that I must make a payment or the account is going to collections. At this point since his hearing was not working to well, I asked to speak to a supervisor, HE HUNG UP ON ME.
I called back only to get the run around and found out that nobody knows anything about anything about people making any type of phone call like that. I have since that time left 2 messages for SUPERVISORs who have disregarded my complaint about being treated so rudely - NO ONE has called back in over 1 week.

Over the last 4 years of dealing with the crooks at Fireside Bank, I have found that they have a complete lack of customer service skills and this must come from the very top and flow down, because nearly everyone I have ever talked to over there is not much for any customer service. Most of the customer service agents are so cocky and rude it is a wonder that you are still in business. I am glad that my loan is paid in full with you and I will NEVER recommend Fireside bank or any of its affiliates. If anyone is wondering is this is a good establishment - RUN for you life! DO NOT FINANCE ANYTHING with these guys - they will screw you in an instant if they get the slightest chance.

Ho

Comments

11th of Feb, 2009

FIRESIDE BANK, BUYER BEWARE!!! VERY VERY RUDE PEOPLE!!!
    Fireside looked great initially because they will help people with little or poor credit finance a car. You will pay a pretty high interest rate (over 15%) which I didn't mind because I was trying to build my credit. However the headache of dealing with customer service and management could be possibly the worst customer service I've ever experienced. And I've dealt with a lot of companies in my adulthood.

Fireside employees seem to be encouraged to piss off as many people as they possibly can. One of the managers in Yuba city, Ca. actually threatened me physically.

When I asked to talk to management he said "I am management" when I asked to speak to someone above him he said the guy above him was out of town and he said he didn't know when he would be back. I became extremely upset and asked for the corporate office telephone number and he said I was just going to have to deal with him. When I asked what he meant, he said why don't you come down to the office and find out. I hung up the phone and could not locate anyone to file a complaint. I've already notified the car dealership of this companies practice. And anyone who attempts to finance through this company.

• Pe
      13th of Mar, 2009

I agree! Have had nothing but headaches with this bunch. Fortunantly due to issues early on, ive kept every conversation noted, all cleared payments, statements, letters, the contract, ect. and luckily have unlimited access to attorney's through my spouses employer!

Never pay over your agreed monthly payment or the extra will provide them the interest or disappear, it also makes it that much more difficult at payoff to go over the transaction history with a CSR (if you can even refer to them as customer service, not sure many made it even through HS when trying to have a conversation with them, duh!)

They will not freely give you any key exec. information or direct you to someone that may know what there doing (accounting, finance, contract dept., ect.) but fortunantly with so many professional networking sites, blogs, ect. out there...they are all just a google click away :)

I will be taking the more peaceful approach and file complaints in the state of purchase, state residing in, as well as Ca. where corp. is instead of arguing with a CSR who is more likened to a pitbull on steroids than customer serv. oriented, only causing frustration of going in circles and ruining a good day at their expense ;)

I recommend filing complaints with the BBB, also through the consumer protection website, your local state agentcies that oversee out of state business practices locally and keep going from there! If your not sure where to go, call and ask one of the mentioned where they would point you and document, document, document every person you talk to, details of conversation, final outcome and dates!!!

Perhaps another class action is looming in their future if they continue to fail to maintain pleasant, professional, knowledgeable costumer service that's also within the scope of contractual agreements and be ethical in their business practices??? hmm, just a thought!

I believe as a christian than no one can steal from you and get away with it, a business will not thrive forever when they work underhandedly :)~

• Al
      15th of Jul, 2009

I AGREE FIRESIDE BANK IS A PIECE OF ### FINANCE COMPANY. THE PEOPLE THERE ARE SO RUDE AND THEY HARRASSED ME SEVERAL TIMES. THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER SEENED. THE REP AT FIRESIDE HUNG UP ON ME JUST BECAUSE I WANTED TO TALK TO A MANAGER. IM SO SUPRISED THAT THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS. THEY ARE ALL RUDE AND I CAN'T WAIT TILL MY CAR IS PAID OFF. I WILL NEVER FINANCE WITH THEM EVER AGAIN.

• Jf
      6th of Jan, 2010

I agree with all the above statements, i have had the same problems with these jerk offs. Somebody or someone needs to shut these ###in ###s down.