FIOS / Unwanted virus protection harassment that was already (supposedly) removed!

1 NJ, United States

When I signed up w/ Fios, I refused the virus protection plan because I had already purchased a plan w/ my computer; two virus protection programs can interfere w/ each other. Not a good idea. I spent an hour and a half in June, supposedly removing the Fios protection program; however, I find the icon on my desktop daily, and popups daily, that I have to put into the wastebasket. Only to find it again the next day!!! I want this off my computer or Fios is going to lose me as a customer! The faster speed is not worth the other items that I have given up when connected w/ optonline service. Now I do not have caller id on the tv when someone calls; a great service. Now, I do not have call waiting; goes directly to an answering service. Now I have two answering machines to deal with! Constant bombardment w/ solicitaions from Verizon; give me a break! And, the email service is so limited; no choice of color changes ( I have trouble reading things in red); cannot change the color scheme. No way to customize the text, including the signature. I am very close to giving up w/ Fios. I spent another 35 minutes this am holding the line; trying to get a person to help. I finally gave up. Let us see if this has any effect.

Nb