Fingers Furniture / Never help feed this monster!

This all started 3 months ago when me and my wife went to Finger Furniture to purchase a new bedroom set. Once we found a set we liked the salesman informed us that only two pieces were in stock and the other 3 would be available for delivery in about one month. We decided to go through with the purchase and wait for the other pieces. One month came and went with no calls from the store or our salesman. When we called to check on our furniture we were forced to leave message after message. Finally our salesman called us back to tell us that the furniture did not arrive and pushed the delivery date out a few more weeks.

Once again the date comes, no calls, and we find ourselves leaving messages for management with no return call. We get lucky and the store manager answers the phone giving us the option of taking some of the floor items at a discount. Desperate for our furniture we agree, but ask if someone can look it over and make sure that it is in good condition. He agrees and says there is only some minor scratches. When the furniture arrives we find bent hinges and deep scratches. Simply not worth the discounted price. The delivery driver tries to get us to take the furniture by saying that Fingers will send someone out to repair the damages, which is untrue. As we are considering taking the furniture the driver gets inpatient telling us that we need to decide quickly so he can make his next stop. I refuse the shipment and the furniture goes back.

Another call to management. Management apologizes and tells us that new pieces are due to arrive the first of June and he will put us back on the list for a delivery. Here we are June 1st again no call, no delivery. A call to customer service discovers that we were never put back on any delivery list and in fact do not show any pieces on order.

What happens now??? With two new pieces of furniture we feel a little stuck. Fingers is not interested in servicing a customer after the sale. There website features only links to stores, with no corporate complaint information listed.

Never help feed this monster.

Arthur

Comments

• Ki
      29th of Aug, 2007
    Fingers Furniture - Poor service!

I have had the most awful experience dealing with Finger's Furniture in Sugar Land, Tx. From the first purchase in late May 07 to the present date of Aug 29, 2017, I have had issues with delayed and postponed delivery dates, items being returned and not being credited, to items that were supposedly ready for pick up at the warehouse after which waiting for over an hour and having personnel then tell me that the item was not even in the warehouse and was on back order to the credit issue still not being resolved. One gentleman in line at the warehouse said it was his 3rd visit to the warehouse and each time they gave him the wrong item.

The telephone staff continues to leave me on hold when I ask to speak to a manager. I assume they must have caller id because after being put on hold forever, then calling back only to have the phone ring and ring - it once rang 24 times before I hung up. I then called back from a different phone only to have them answer it on the 2nd ring! Again asking to speak to the manager, I was left on hold.

This is the worst company ever. Don't believe their delivery dates!!!

• Mr
      31st of Aug, 2007

I totally agree with these complaints, run around run around is all this company does for you. If you call customer service don't believe they are being truthful. They will string you on as long as they can.

6th of Sep, 2007

A-MEN! I posted up my horror story as well. Sounds like you were A LOT more patient then I!!!

• Be
      14th of Sep, 2007

I bought a couch 9/1/7...paid cash, delivery to be 9/14/7..paid for delivery. OK, get call on Wed 9/12
    saying they would deliver between 11am and 2 pm.

Fine, EXCEPT, 230pm, no couch, I called, they said they would be here by 4pm. Getting not ok, my only day off. By 430, no couch, I called back, well the girl @ cust service couldn't reach the driver, so, she gave me his cell #. I page, no ans. I finally call corp. after 20 min he is located and will be here @ 6pm.

The delivery people unload the WRONG couch, so they tell me I have to call the salesperson. I did. This couch was just ugly, dark green w/ some orangey trim. I had picked a light green chenille and was sent that gosh awful microfiber, I hate that stuff. Bottom line, they couldn't have cared less, the salesman was going to argue that was what I picked out.

The driver had my phone #, he could have just called about delay. I cancelled the order when he told me I could go back to the store and look. I will be calling about delivery before I buy another couch.

Fingers just doesn't care.

30th of Sep, 2007
    Finger's Furniture - Poor service!

On friday the delivery guy's at finger's made a awful delivery they came to my house and forgot all the hardware to my bed and noone knew why the guy's didn't have all the hardware and when the delivery will be done RIGHT. So as for now the bed is sitting on the side of my wall.

• Re
      1st of Oct, 2007
    Fingers Furniture - Horrible service!

My finance and I are having SUCH a difficult time with this company. We ordered living and bedroom furniture about a month ago and it has been downhill since then. We were told from the get go that our coffee tables were not in stock and they would be coming in a few weeks after the rest of our furniture. We were fine with this considering coffee tables weren't something we needed right away. All of the rest of our furniture was scheduled to be delivered together. The day came and the delivery guy was two hours later than what was scheduled and he seemed to be high on something! He showed up with not even half of what was supposed to be there. The list he had indicated that he should have had more furniture on the truck than what he said he had for us. I asked if he could please check the truck to make sure there wasn't any more of our furniture. After repeated asking, he finally looked on the truck and low and behold there were a couple of pieces of our furniture! Still, we were missing both dresser pieces and the entire bed frame. All we had were our couch, love seat, chair, and the end tables in the bedroom. The other pieces were in the warehouse and never put on the truck, The soonest delivery date for the missing items was in two weeks, and with no other choice, I accepted. These items were delivered on the scheduled date. (can't believe they got SOMETHING right) Now we are missing our coffee tables that were due to come in on the 25th. I was told I would get a call when they came in so we could schedule a delivery date/time. I did not receive a call so I called customer service. A woman called the warehouse and sure enough she said our furniture had come in. She was apologetic and said that they had not called because our contract was written up wrong. She insisted it would be fixed and I would get a phone call later in the day to schedule a delivery date. Of course, I did not receive a call. I called this morning to schedule a delivery day and a different woman told me our furniture is not in the warehouse! I asked her to PLEASE call the warehouse and make sure and she REFUSED! She said she knew the information on her computer was accurate. She actually refused to take maybe 2 minutes out of her day and call the warehouse! I am hoping when I call the actual location when they open today that I will be able to receive more help. I would NEVER recommend this furniture store to anyone!

• Va
      19th of Nov, 2007

I completely agree. Finger Furniture just cares about sales.. not customer service. We have been back and forth with them for almost 4 months regarding our damaged furniture. We've sat around waiting for them to "deliver" the furniture for 3 Saturday's in a row.. with no phone call. They never showed up.

Diana, the customer service manager was no help at all. She hung up on my twice while trying to express my frustration.

Waste of time, money and heartache is all they seem to provide.

• Be
      30th of Nov, 2007

HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A FURNITURE PROBLEM RESOLVED FOR SEVERAL MONTHS - THE LATEST PROBLEM IS - I THOUGHT WE HAS IT RESOLVED - GOT A MANAGER TO HELP ME REPLACE THE FURNITURE THAT WAS NEVER DELIVERED. WAS TOLD THE DELIVERY WOULD BE ON 11/28 - NO ONE SHOWED UP - FOUND OUT IT HAD BEEN CANCELED BY A SALESPERSON WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO REWRITE THE ORDER. ORDER WAS REWRITTEN FOR DELIVERY ON 11/30 BY MARCUS MARESH. I WAS ASSURED BY A MANAGER THAT IT WOULD BE DELIVERED ON 11/30 (MARIO - BARGAIN BASEMENT MGR). IT IS NOW 10:45 PM - NO DELIVERY - I CALLED 2 TIMES TO CUSTOMER SERVICE ON 11/30 AND WAS TOLD THAT I WAS ON THE SCHEDULE FOR DELIVERY. I TOOK OFF OF WORK 2 TIMES IN ONE WEEK FOR A DELIVERY THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. I AM TIRED OF HEARING THE EXCUSES. I WAS ALSO TOLD BY A CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON ON 11/30 THAT THEY WOULD CALL BACK AND LET ME KNOW WHICH TRUCK THE DELIVERY WAS ON - DID NOT HAPPEN. JUST LIES AND LOADS OF THEM. I CAN NOT TAKE OFF ANYMORE FOR DELIVERIES - FINGERS WILL NOT GIVE A TIME FRAME - WELL I CAN'T MISS ANOTHER DAY AT WORK WAITING FOR THEM - SOMEONE NEEDS TO CALL ME SO THAT I CAN ARRANGE SOME OTHER METHOD FOR RETRIEVAL OF FURNITURE.

• Mi
      4th of Mar, 2008
    Fingers Furniture - Poor delivery and customer service!
    Fingers Funriture
    Hosuton
    Texas

We have shopped twice with Finger Furniture and have had two horrible delivery/customer service experiences with them. In January 2017 we purchased a sectional sofa for our game room. It was delivered as scheduled, but several days after delivery we noticed a 1/8 inch slit in the material covering one of the arms of one of the sectional pieces. It looked like a razor blade slit. We called Finger and they were skeptical of your claim, saying that we shouldn't have accepted the furniture upon delivery with the problem. When I explained that the driver was in a hurry to get me to sign and that he gave me only a cursory examination of the sofa, they claimed that their drivers/delivery people were always courteous and would never do that. She wad adamant that there was nothing they could do and claimed that the slit was caused after delivery, so it was not their problem. I asked for her manager and his attitude was the same. He would not budge. I called our sales person and she promised to take care of it. A few hours later the same customer service manager called back and said, "We'll give you the benefit of the doubt and replace the piece". They did replace the price as promised, but this type of attitude made us feel like we were inconveniencing them. An e-mail to the company president went unanswered!

Now, here we are, a year later (Feb 2017), in need of a new box spring and mattress. Two weeks ago Fingers has great prices on mattresses so we decided to give them another chance. We found a box spring and mattress that we really liked and that was a great price so we decided to make the purchase. We told our sales person about what happened in Jan 2017 and he noted our problems and promised that this time it would be different.

The delivery was the following Saturday. They showed up 10 minutes early, but when they were set to take the new mattress off the truck they discovered that the plastic covering protecting the mattress had somehow split open the mattress was dirty. They would not let us take it, of course. Furthermore they promised that another could be delivered later that day. They called the warehouse only to be told that could not happen. We then talked to the warehouse and she told us that it would inconvenient for them to reschedule that day!!! I couldn't believe she actually said this!

We called our sales person and he promised to take care of it. The delivery people left and about 30 minutes later he called back to say that they could deliver Tuesday night after 6pm. We agreed to be there for the delivery. We both got home around 5:30, well ahead of the delivery and waited. About 7pm we called the warehouse to find out if we were still on the delivery schedule and got a recording. We called the store to check and the person we talked to assured us that we were on the schedule for approximately 8pm. By the 10:30pm they hadn't delivered so we went to bed. The next day, furious with them, we called to cancel the order. They offered us a $100 discount to accept the order (a trifling amount in my opinion) and we told then that was unacceptable and canceled the order. The next night, while driving home I got a call on my cell phone from one their drivers saying he was 15 minutes from my house! I told him he as supposed to have been there the previous night. He tried to argue with me and when I told him we had canceled the order that afternoon he hung up.

I guess this proved the old adage, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!" We will never again set foot in one of their stores!

• Wa
      19th of Mar, 2008
    Fingers Furniture - Terrible service!
    Fingers Furniture
    Houston
    Texas
    Phone: 713482-2500
    www.fingersfurniture.com

I purchased almost $4000.00 in furniture on February 23, 2017 from Fingers in Willowbrook. I was told the furniture would be delivered as they received it but the latest date it would be in would be March 15, 2017. I called about March 12 to see when the furniture would be delivered and was told March 21, 2017 it would be in the warehouse. I left a message for the salesman that did not take the time to call me back. I then emailed the customer service department that did not return my email or call. Then on friday of last week I wrote a letter to Rodney Finger that has not been answered. I called again today and was told all my furniture would not be in until May 30, 2017. I called today to get a refund and find out it takes 7 to 10 days to get the refund. I have several questions number one is how can you have furniture on the floor to sell when it will not be in for 3 or 4 months. I think that is false advertising. Fingers has wasted a month of my time. I have the money to go and buy furniture elsewhere but what if I didn't I would have to wait over a month to purchase furniture elsewhere. I think Finger has a scam going on and they just want to tie up the money of their customers. I think every time I go to Willowbrook I will go to Fingers and just walk around informing their customers they need to consider buying elsewhere since Fingers lie about their delivery dates.

• Gl
      24th of Mar, 2008

TRIED to buy a coffee table and 2 end tables 3 months ago. Was promised delivery 2 days after we bought the items. That didn't happen. They kept putting us off and putting us off. Finally after becoming very frustrated and spending hours on the phone they scheduled our delivery for 3/22/08 between 10 and 1. They actually did show up! But, guess what? Wrong tables!!! Back to the drawing board (or in this case the telephone) So now we have been "promised a delivery date of this coming Saturday...I don't even care anymore. I wanted to buy a mattress from them because they were having a good sale but NO WAY. I WON'T BUY FROM THESE IDIOTS AGAIN!!! It is too bad. Nobody there seems to even care if you come back there or not.

• Ro
      29th of Apr, 2008

We have had a very frustrating problem with Finger's in Sugarland on getting our delivery and also with communication. We went into the store last month and picked out a sofa and love seat. It was delivered the next week on Wednesday. It was too wide to get in our door. We live in a house built in 1928 and the door openings are narrow. The delivery men took it back after trying to cram it in and damaging the facing.

We went into the store to find something else. The set we found was a LaZ-Boy sofa and love set. They had the love seat but the sofa had to be ordered. We said, ok, that was fine. They delivered the love seat the following Wednesday and said when the sofa came it they would let us know.

Someone called us 4/15 and said the new sofa was in and it would be delivered on Wednesday 4/16 between 11:30 and 2:30. We had planned on leaving at 9:00 AM for out of state trip, but we stayed to wait on our delivery. At 3:00 I called and asked where the delivery men were. She checked and said they were in a small town now. I asked her where and she said Rosharon. I said, ok, that's not far, about 30 minutes. When they didn't show up we called at 5:00 and someone told us that it had been damaged and it would have to be ordered again. No one even bothered to call us to tell us about the delivery being postponed. We stayed home all day expecting the delivery. At 5:00 when we called Omar said there was no delivery for us and it wouldn't be here until the 30th. I told him what we were told and asked him how this could get so confused. He said he didn't know but we wouldn't get it until the scheduled delivery date. This frustrated us so much. They had their money and didn't seem to care if we knew what was going no or not. We talked with Peter before we left for our trip and he said he would see what was going on that it should have been delivered. Off and on all weekend we thought about how we had been treated and that no one seemed to know what was going on, so we decided to cancel the whole order.

On Monday 4/21, I called the store and asked to talk to a manager. She transferred me to John. I told him all about what had been happening and that what we want is for him to have someone come pick up the love seat and cancel the sofa delivery and credit my credit card for the full purchase price since we have been treated like this and he said, "Well, I can't do anything about this and I will tell my manager." I said, "I thought you were the manager". He said, "I'm a manager, but not the store manager and I will have him call you at 3:30 when he gets here". I asked him who the owner was and he wouldn't tell me. I waited and didn't hear from "the manager" that day. I thought maybe he would call the next day, 4/24, but he didn't and no called to tell me why. I thought surely the man who sold us the furniture would call, but he didn't either. This really frustrates me because they don't seem to care about their customers or know what's going on. If I knew who owned the stores I would contact them. Please try and get our full purchase price of the furniture credited back to our account and have someone pick up this love seat. I don't want to buy anything from Finger's and I surely won't recommend them to anyone I know.

Thank you for helping us with this.

Augustine & Robert Krenek
    (713)410-5513...this is my husband's cell if you need to call us.

• Mi
      20th of Aug, 2008

man same thing happened when my stepdad got my lil siss her furniture now that was bad service when they droped it off!

• Mo
      3rd of Jun, 2010

a true blend of mode of right furIn recent times, there has been a continuous increase in number of NRIs returning back to India. But, moving back to India and leaving behind the comfort and high living standards of the foreign country is not an easy decision. The emotional and professional part of your decision you have to handle yourself, but the least that you want to be assured of upon your return is a good home with high quality furniture to help you maintain your past luxury and style of living. The proper combination and arrangement niture can make your home as luxurious and comfortable as you had in the foreign land.