Finer Gourmet Foods, Inc. - Chesapeake, Virginia / Dishonest company

I am at a loss. We were involved with a purchase from a dishonest company, and the laws will not help. I'm begging you to help my family.

My name is Randy Russelburg, on 10/19/07 a representative by the name of 'Jesse' approached our house in hopes of a sale of meats from the Finer Gourmet Foods, inc., in Chesapeake, Virginia, [protected]). After a good sales pitch & promises of guarantees we had decided to buy the package. We told him that we liked what we seen, but we would not be able to purchase anything until the first of the month, for payday reasons. He told us that he takes post-dated checks all the time & that he would personally hold it until the date on the check, honoring our agreement. He even put his name & information on the pamphlet he gave us, 'just in case there are any problems'. We both had expressed to him how important it is that he honors the date on the check; he stated he 'does this all the time'. The following day we checked our bank account & he had deposited the check. We immediately called the company in hopes that 'Jesse' would clear up the situation. Speaking with an appalled office manager by the name of Derrick, he stated that this was against all of company policy, & that he would personally take care of this situation, & if Jesse would not make things right, Jesse would lose his job. The following day Jesse called, we asked that he only pay for the bounced check fees incurred by his premature deposit & that we would make the check for the purchase good now. Just to be over this situation. Jesse assured us that he would be at our house over the weekend to pay for the fees incurred by his actions. Jesse was a no-call, no-show. Upon calling the company on the following Monday we spoke with the owner (Mike, nobody will give last names), who was very upset that this had happened, he too claimed that Jesse has to make this right or that he would lose his job. We are now two weeks into the situation & have incurred over $1,000 in bounced checks & return fees, the company has offered nothing but promises that they would pass on the information to Jesse, but refused to do anything further on the situation. The law will not help us because of the check laws. We have now paid over $1,400 for a $369 purchase.

Thank you for anything you may be able to do in this situation, please contact me if there is anything I can do to assist or anything.

Finer Gourmet Foods, Inc.
1226 Executive blvd
Chesapeake, Virginia
[protected]

Va

Comments

Je
  13th of Dec, 2007

Hi Randy,

I too was a victim with this company. A girl by the name of Sedena Allen did the exact same thing to me. She sold me a box of meat and fish (mix and match) and promised that she would do the same with our checks. She said they only grant it to military families. Although I also found out two other things that went on with her. As I was writing out both checks, she told me not to fill in the "Pay to the order of" line because when they go back to the office they stamp the company name on that line. Big fat lie, I contacted my bank to send me copies of the checks I wrote out and she and her boyfriend, who at the time worked for the company, manually wrote on both checks their names. Other things I found were that she changed the dates on both checks so that she can deposit them immediately. Last but not least, she took both those checks and deposited them into her own personal account. Her boss confirmed it too. He said that he never recieved any checks with my name on them. He had also told me that she never showed up for work the day after she made the sale with me. They gave me the same runaround they gave you and I feel so bad for those who were victims of these a-holes. I am also unable to do anything because of the check laws. I wanted to file charges against her and her boyfriend and I think I may do so. They are such stupid ### that on one of the checks her boyfriend left his social security number, home number and license number. So I may go after them... Wish me luck..

Jenny
Virginia Beach, VA.

Pa
  8th of Jan, 2008

Randy,
Loser ... don't spend it if you don't have it... would have saved you a mess of trouble. Pretty simple isn't it.

Mi
  10th of Jan, 2008

I am looking for a Sedena Allen and would like any information you could provide on her.

Sgt. Conroy

in VA 800-542-8716
Wytheville VSP dispatch 276-228-3131
or email

michael.conroy@vsp.virginia.gov

Ro
  29th of Mar, 2008

I am trying to locate Lance Taylor who now works for this company. If anyone knows the whereabouts of Lance Taylor who is from Bristol, Tennessee, please email me with his whereabouts. He will not reply to my phone calls.
Ron Forest

To
  7th of May, 2008

I also have a complaint against this company. They also took a check from us, and put there own name on it! It didnt even go to the Finer Gourmet Foods, Inc. Thank god, we had the money to cover the check. But the phone numbers they left us. In case there was a problem with the meat, or if we needed to contact them, was all bogus!!! there was no one to verify this company even exist. I just hope to god that the meat is good and no one gets sick from it. I guess there right when they say Buyer beware. Never again will I buy from a salesman that comes to the house to sell anything!

To
  7th of May, 2008

this company needs to be shut down and stopped!!! they dont honer anything they sell you, and god only knows where it came from!

Jo
  13th of May, 2008

I am sorry all of you people have had this happen to you my name is john I am a area mgr for direct usa we do the same service as the this but with much better ethic and I hate to see this happen to people because it also hurts us bc we look like we are the same thing but are far from it so check out our website and we just might have a location near you and take care of your needs.

directusafoods.com

Da
  5th of Jun, 2008

We live in St. Augustine, Florida.
We were approached by "Josh" door to door, selling the "Finer Gourmet Foods" meats. The product looked good and everything seemed to check out.

When we opened the steaks to grill, they were extremely grainy and old. They were tough after grilling them. Next, we steamed the lobster tails. They stunk to high heaven. Lastly, we cooked the stuffed flounder filets and they were tough and the stuffing looked and tasted like possible dog food.

We called them back and complained and "Melanie" said "Josh" would make it right and be here Monday to exchange the meats. She said "do the boxes have a white label on them?" We said yes. She said "that was an old shipment that should not of gone out".
We waited Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, no calls, no shows.

We looked up the Company name online and came up with this complaint board. We called the Better Business Bureau and the Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Comsumer Services and filed a complaint.

Hopefully these crooks will be caught.

Jf
  27th of Aug, 2008

Why would you people write checks you can't cash? Sounds like you all brought this upon yourselves. And Jenny, why would you give anyone a blank check? What's the difference between hand writing the pay to line or them stamping it? Hello! You're not very smart. Obviously the problem is not with the company, it's the employees and the stupid people that they're able to con. A man from this company came into my office today. I told him I did not have any money. He offered to hold a check for me, I said NO. I must be a genius.

An
  20th of Oct, 2008

Not everyone who gets conned is stupid! They catch you off guard, or when you are tired, etc. I am a college graduate and pretty savy, but these people are really good. I have bought packaged meat before, and was satisfied, however, this time, my brother and his wife became ill. I did not consume any of the product and was not ill. I stopped payment on the check before the bank opened the next day After checking the product, it looked old and grainey. No one answered any of the phone numbers given to me by the salesperson I reported this compamy to the local Sheriff's office, and State Attorney

Un
  10th of Oct, 2009

does finer gourmet deals in indian groceries

Ap
  15th of Jun, 2011

FINER GOURMET FOODS IS OWNED BY CARROL MADDOX JR PHONE NUMBER 904 859 8730 I USED TO WORK FOR HIM. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST SELLING OLD FOOD. SORRY TO ALL WHO FELL VICTIM.