Fine Amish Furniture / Fraudulent company

On May 12 2008, I ordered a mission style 50' oak tv stand from Fine Amish Furniture, Inc. Wes Cernosek required full payment of $1084 to put the order in. The piece was to be built in Ohio, and then Wes would pick it up and take it to the store in 10 weeks.

I waited 10 weeks. I had to contact Wes. He has had a variety of excuses from August of last year until this very day! Some of the examples are, the Amish had a holiday, the furniture is built but needs stained, a personal illness. Then the biggest, most drawn out excuse was Hurricane Ike, and the damage to his store, and then insurance problems. The holidays also came up. This man has also disappeared several times during the wait and excuses.

Most recently, I was promised delivery on Feb. 14, 2009. No such thing. He has not returned my phone calls and his voice mailbox is full. I did manage to get his cell phone number today, and he gave me another 'insurance' excuse.

I am filing small claims suit on him.

Co

More Fine Amish Furniture Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Al
      8th of Jul, 2009

If you paid by Credit Card to a dispute through them.
    I own an Amish furniture store in MI. I heard that guy went under and I believe he owed the builders money as well.
    Here is a couple good tips
    Always pay by CC
    The reputable stores normally require 50% down and then The balance when the delivery company picks it up.
    Make sure they also have a store so you don't run into some guy in his basement.
    Hope everything works out for your claim. If you have any questions I may be able to help you with let me know.
    You can come visit our website if you wish. We have been around since aug of 99 and we are not going under anytime soon.
    www.amishdirectfurniture.com