Find Asia Limited — education/not refunding my fee
I have a complaint against a company named "Find Asia Limited", I saw their advertisement on a website www.gaijinpot.com and sent my CV and basic details to their e-mail on 21/08/2016. They scheduled a Skype interview and after that they confirmed that I am getting admission in Aoyama International Language School, Tokyo. They were offering to cover 75% of the total fee which I have to return in 12 equal fixed installments after getting visa and reaching Japan, remaining 25% of the fee has to be paid by me before visa processing. Program was called as CSSPJ and initial program fee was 30, 000/- YEN. I have got proof of the payment and it was made domestically by my wife on 28/08/2016, who is now in Pakistan but she has Japanese permanent resident.
After that they wanted my original documents which I sent through registered mail and everything went smoothly and with a lot of correspondence and e-mail exchange. In december 2016 they said that they have got my Certificate of Eligibility and Admission letter so I need these documents to apply for visa and now I have to pay the remaining fee. I got an invoice of 310, 000/- YEN which was paid on 9/12/2016 domestically by my wife. They gave documents to her and she came back to Pakistan with them. I applied for visa at Consulate General of Japan, Karachi on 20/12/2016. Unfortunately my visa was refused on 8/02/2017, on the same day I told Find Asia and they acknowledged it and said they will inquire about my refusal and also ask school and other companies to refund the fee.
This is when they started replying slowly to e-mails and keep telling me that it is hard to get refund and they are meeting with immigration officials on my case. I kept e-mailing them weekly about updates and to return my documents. Finally after a month Find Asia replied me saying that they are waiting for the partner companies to get refund but housing company won't be refunding my money and I should contact supervisor from now on, supervisor never has contacted me or replied to my e-mail since 19/4/2017. After this reply I e-mailed Aoyama International Language School to refund my fee and they clearly said that they have taken no fee from Find Asia on my name, I asked about my documents and they confirmed that they had it and they sent it back to me urgently saying that Find Asia never asked them to send me my documents. I also found out that supervisor is actually the CEO of Find Asia Limited and even he is not replying me at all since a month.
Here I would like to add that I have all the agreements and e-mails that proves that they have to refund me money if my visa becomes unsuccessful, even without housing they have my 245, 000/- YEN. Now they have stopped replying my e-mails whatsoever. I have agreements, fee invoices, fee slips, e-mails and all the other supporting documents with me if required. It has been 3 months and 4 days that I have told them about refusal and asked them to refund my fee but I have not got it yet or any positive reply. They think I am residing overseas and I won't be able to do anything at all. In Japan the fee amount maybe very less but in Pakistan it is my savings of 2 years. Kindly look into this matter, I have a lot of hopes from your end.
Details of Company are as follows:
Address: Fuji building, Nihonbashi Hongokucho 4-5-5 Chou Ku, Tokyo, 103-0021
Office Telephone: +81 03-[protected]
E-mail: [protected]@japan-school.com, [protected]@findasia.jp
CEO/Supervisor: Mr. YU Huang
CEO Telephone: +[protected]
CEO DOB: 3 June 1984
Status: Chinese Nationality, Japan permanent residence