Filter Queen / Micron filtration technologies

1 Woodland, AL, United States Review updated:

Actually bit the bullet with sales pitch on glorified vaccuum and air purification unit. Cost $3, 000 but only $50 a year to keep warrenty active. I love this thing but when filter replacement came at 6 months(not year) discovered that to keep warrenty, filters cost $100 every 6 months and almost another $300 yearly! All this left out of a 2+ hour pitch and have a finance company to inform of situation now. Felt bad for technician, not his fault, but payments for 3 years on it and almost $500 ayear (taxes) to have warrenty is bull. Especially when not only left out, bUT actually told a different price. Husband calling tomorrow to tell them to take back, we can get our daughters first cars with that.

Ch
Dec 1, 2016

Comments

• Ca
      4th of Dec, 2016

You only have 3 days, from the date of purchase, to return. Were you able to do so? If these people are anything like Kirby, they will do anything to avoid taking it back.

• St
      1st of Oct, 2018

@CareyRL Yes I agree !! Made us pay $500 TO TAKE IT BACK!!!

• Up
      20th of Dec, 2016

On December 17, I replied to a postcard received from Olympic Air Solutions to inquire of a prize I won. Prizes included a kitchen serving set, tickets to a Green Bay Packers game, a digital camera, Apple iPod Touch and a top prize of $10, 000. I was informed that I won, but my card must be verified by an agent of the company. As part of the verification process, I was asked to view a FilterQueen Indoor Air Quality System. The representative on the phone stated the demonstration was brief. Fair enough. I weighed out the chance to win $10, 000 with maybe a half hour of my time. An appointment was set up for an afternoon visit.

Shortly before the scheduled visit, I received a phone call from a sales manager informing me the sales person was running late and if I would be o.k. postponing my appointment by one hour. One hour turned into two and a half hours. After waiting patiently for two and a half hours past the scheduled visit, the sales person appears. After verification of prize card, I was presented with an 18 piece BBQ set and asked to participate in a product demonstration.

The demonstration included the Defender and the Majestic. Both products were of good quality and the salesperson did a fine job with the demonstration. After a one hour and forty five minute presentation, I was ask to answer a few questions regarding the demonstration and the products. I made it very clear I was not interested in making a purchase. It did not matter how much the products cost, I was not in the market to purchase an air purifier or a vacuum cleaner. However, the salesperson was here to do his job, so I patiently listened as the price of the combo was presented.

The Defender was listed at $998. The Majestic was $2, 998. After quickly stating “NO”, the salesperson called his manager. There was a back and forth conversation between the sales manager and the salesperson. The sales manager would dictate to the salesperson a series of demeaning questions such as “so you admit your current vacuum does not do the job the Majestic does. You prefer to live in dirt?”

After indicating if I had to choose between the Defender and the Majestic, I indicated I would choose the Majestic but stressed again I was not interested in either product. The price dropped from $2, 998 to $2, 600 to $2, 200 to to $1, 500. During the entire negotiation process, I could hear the demeaning conversation taking place between the sales manager and the salesperson in order to hook me as a customer. After refusing to pay $1, 500, I heard the sales manager order the salesperson to offer a price of $1, 200 and perform fellatio on me (actual words spoken were more vulgar and offensive). Of course the salesperson, acting as a true professional, did not relay the entire message to me and was unaware that I was hearing both sides of this abrasive conversation. After rejecting the offer to pay $1, 200, a final offer of $999 was made. I quickly rejected the price of $999 and the presentation finally ended.

I am posting the report to alert other people in the community.