Figura Fashion / Figurafashion.comTerrible Experience with Figura Fashion

J Review updated:

Ordering from this company was a HUGE mistake. We placed two separate orders with FiguraFashion.com and both orders were botched. On the first order (for many sarees for our Sangeet), they decided to send us their own interpretation of our order, ignoring the calls and emails we sent them with EXACT instructions. After we received these incorrect sarees we complained to them and they offered to send the correct order in time for our party. It was a lie: it never even shipped.

Unfortunately we had placed a second order before we received this bad first order. This time we had also given figurafashion many VERY specific emails and calls in regards to an outfit we needed. They agreed to the "custom" order. Instead of following our directions though, it looks like they picked something off their shelves that didn't even come close to what we directed them and then shipped it to us as is. The outfit wasn't even close to what we ordered. We were out at least 200 bucks just off of that second order, which they would not refund because they claimed it was "custom."

Of course we have had many long communications with figurafashion regarding these transactions and they have been shockingly rude. Their customer sales rep "Dev" has been sending us long emails about how they are right and we are wrong; trying to get a refund from these crooks is like wringing water from a stone.

Since posting our first complaints the people at figura fashion have been going to the various complaint boards, posing as members of the public and telling additional lies about my complaints.

The only thing we can do now is get the word out to others before they place orders with figura fashion. This is not a reputable business in the least. Highly recommended to avoid ordering here.

• G
      Jul 16, 2009

I really wish I had come across this page before I placed my custom order. When placing my order, I would get responses back within 2 hours...even if it was 2am IST, and as soon as I made payment, they stopped responding to any emails. I was told I would receive my order on Tuesday July 16, 2009 via DHL express delivery. Have not seen it-just called DHL express and was told there is no order pending with them under my name, which means it has not even been shipped out-I've emailed FIGURA again, no response, I have also called several times, at different times of the day, and get no response! Even if my dress is remotley close to what i wanted (which I feel it won't be)-I will never order through them again!

• Z
      Aug 21, 2009

Any pictures do you have, I have ordered from them. I am really scared of what i will get. I thought of buying something from the UK, but it was quite expensive so thought of buying quite expensive product from figura. I have not yet received it. I hope i have a better experience.

• Z
      Aug 21, 2009

I have ordered from them quite an expensive product. I am waiting for it. I hope i dont have a bad experience like you had.especially after reading your post I am scared. I initially thought i would buy here directly from the UK. but it was more expensive.
    Fingers crossed. I am wondering if anyone had good experience? it would be nice if you post pictures of the products so we know the authenticity of the complain/appreciation. I will post once I have it!!

• A
      Sep 10, 2009

I have the worst story with Figura Fashion. They are the worst business I have ever come across and so dishonest. I ordered $1400 worth of clothes with them to be sent to Australia. When I ordered, there were so reassuring that it will be exactly like the photo. Out of 5 dresses, I only asked to customise 2 dresses and the rest were to be like their own pics. I sent them drawings by a designer, the photo as well as a swatch for colour! What a mistake that was. It took over 2 months to arrive. They refused to give any shipping tracking number until I actually called them up. NONE of the dresses looked anything like the picture, the kaaj was so ugly and tacky and made so cheaply with beads. The design didn't even resemble the photos. The material was definitely not raw silk and the colour gave me a heart attack. This was all to wear to a wedding so I panicked and called them up. At first they didn't have a bar of it. They tried to tell me it did look like the photos – I have eyes! Then after a lot of screaming they said they will send a replacement. What a got after one month (they kept lying saying it was sent) was the same ugly kaaj and two of the three promised replacements weren't even there. I have called and emailed to ask "WTF" but no response. I am so distraught over completely wasting my money. I have had to spend that amount again to buy another outfit but this time I went to the real designer who charged me not much more. To everyone, DON'T EVEN THINK OF ORDERING FROM THESE GUYS. I am not a competitor, I have nothing to do with the clothing industry. You can email me if you are uncertain but these guys ARE HORRIBLE. CHEATS, DISHONEST, LIARS...### who shouldn't be allowed to run a business.

• A
      May 02, 2010

I was browsing at their photos of wedding clothes, and some of them I noticed were designers like Hina B and Sobia Nazir because I had looked at those designers previously. So basically, you people are not getting the clothes you specifically ordered because its not Figura's outfits or designs or style in the first place!! They're cheating the actual designers and its customers (...if they have any now!! lol) And also, the photos on Figura's site look as if they're copies from magazines and not the original photograph!!

• D
      May 14, 2010

I totally agree that they are scam artists. I made the biggest mistake by ordering my wedding dress from them and giving them until a few days before the ceremony to deliver the dress. Big Mistake. They never reply to e-mails, when they do they are rude. one of their phone line never works, the other is a cell phone they never answer.

The only smart thing I did was buy through Paypal and now I'll dispute the transction since I never received it and will try to get myy money back.

• L
      Aug 13, 2010

I got my dress, it just doesn't look exactly like the one from the picture, so i am guessing they just copy the design, i bought a dress especially because i liked the neck style and when i recieved it it was nothing like the one from the picture. Please take my advice and don't order from figurafashion. your better of going to the shops.

Aug 16, 2010

I too ordered with them and luckly i paid through paypal and paypal refused to give them the the money I paid so figura had to give a refund then they told me to pay by western union, they advised me that I should say im paying a freind and not them, I then started to feel funny, the order was for £381 but the fee for refund was £28 from paypal, so I thought I'd rather lose £28 then to lose £353 pounds. so I cancelled order in time, but quite gutted for £28.

Please pass the message on that figurafashion is a scam!! what a mistake we've made.

Nov 11, 2010

i really want to block this site please advise how we can do this I have been emailing since 09/09/10 and have only had 3 replies out of 40 emails i have sent i am sick and tired of this and they are not taking our complaint seriously i am so frustrated and they should not be allowed to get a way with this!

Nov 21, 2010

I HAVE BEEN CONNED, HOW CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK.

Nov 21, 2010

these are a bunch of sikh fraudsters who keep getting away with stealing money for fake clothes orders, their licence needs to be revoked. Indian ministers are very good at taking action, i will be contacting a few my family have links with.

• K
      Dec 23, 2010

Does anyone have a phone number for Figura? I keep calling but no one answers the number I was given? I'm having order troubles too.

• U
      Feb 08, 2012

My fiancee ordered wedding dress on Oct 20th 2011, when we sent inquiry, we were told by Dec 16th that order has been dispatched, we asked for tracking info but nothing was given, 30 days later we follow up again as wedding date (Feb 15th was getting closer) and we were told that order was on hold and now will be dispatched, we told them that please ship out asap as we are afraid we will now not get it in time, again no tracking information was given. our newest followup with the company on Feb 5th were given same answer that item will be shipped on Monday. At this time we knew that this company is cheating they will not ship any thing and probably our $565 is wasted. People please do not but from these scam companies they sit in India and ripping overseas customers as it is easier to get away with NRI's. We have now decided to pursue these crooks, we are working with United States law enforcement agencies, Western Union, and ( US Attorney General Office) to find these criminals and bring into justice, we are also trying to close this fraudulent website and protect US and Canadian citizens to victimized again. Please join our effort and if you are also victim of same fraud please work with your local police department to bring these people to place where they deserve

Feb 14, 2012

I'd like to recommend Peridress to you. I purchased my wedding dress from Peridress. The dress arrived in time. I couldn’t be happier for it was a most stunning dress I have had! It fits me so well! Thanks for their excellent work put in my dress! Especially the experienced seamstress! The costume jacket matches the dress perfectly! It seems that I am the focus of the wedding banquet for the beautiful dress! Everyone was asking me where the dress from is! Recommendation was unnecessary to be done! Peridress is the Best! I am appreciate.

Apr 19, 2012

In July 2011 we ordered a saree & jewelry for my wife and a semicurta & shoes for myself from figura fashion, even though we had seen that there were some negative reviews in the net. We trusted in them initially due to a seemingly very sincere and professional Email correspondence. They knew our wedding was programmed for the end of October and told us the sending to Bolivia would only take 2 weeks. They procrastinated and found one excuse after the other, in the end responding to us with hardly more than a few rude words. Finally when the day of the marriage approached we were forced to buy a reserve dress. On the afternoon before the ceremony a package arrived with the saree and only the foot bracelets of the whole jewelry that we had ordered as well. The Saree was not customized to our request but it was more or less like we had imagined and actually beautiful. Afterwards we tried whatever we could to make them send to us the rest of the items we have ordered. However my groom dress, shoes, and the rest of the jewelry never arrived. Besides this half rip-off we have had suffered a lot of unnecessary stress and unpleasant emails with this people. Even though the saree was beautiful, we will never recommend to anyone to buy anything from them. At the end we never got all what we paid for, and we never were sure that even the saree was going to arrive until the last minute, not giving the time to my wife to even fix the blouse that was made in a child size, and not according to the measurements we sent them. Never trust in this people and never buy from them, even if they send you very convincing emails like they did to my wife when she just found out about the other rip-offs, they just invented a huge story on how terrible was that client that ordered from them. We trusted them and we fell off into the same trap. Unless you want to suffer a whole nightmare before your wedding, don’t buy from them.

• B
      Nov 21, 2012

I am going through the same experience. I spend $800 on a wedding lehenga choli 5months ago. I didn't report them to paypal because they were always responsive when I asked about my purchase and I was being patient. I finally received an email saying that they shipped the dress... to the wrong country!!! Thats when they stopped answering my emails and calls. I contacted paypal and they said they couldn't do anything bec it had been over 45 days. Now I lost the $$$ and the wedding dress. Im still trying to get it. Its the most horrible online purchase experience ever. Truely discouraged from purchasing anything online.

Jan 08, 2013

I made an order for a dress which cost 249USD from figura fashions in September 2012 for the wedding of my brother in early November, it is now January 2013 and I have not receive anything... I wrote paypal to complain and they say that Buyer Protection Programs require a dispute to be filed in the Resolution Center within 45 days of payment, if a dispute is filed 45 calendar days or more after the initial transaction, PayPal won't investigate the dispute. But Paypal say that they do reserve the right to reopen any claim for investigation within 180 calendar days if we receive multiple complaints about a particular seller, so if anyone has complain about figura fashions I suggest all of you to file a dispute in the Resolution Center even it has passed for months, the more complaints against figura fashion paypal receive the more possibility they will reopen claim for investigation and the more possibility that we can get our money back, and the most important to stop them from cheating people again, so it really worth a try. They really should be stopped!

If you paid through paypal here is how you can file a dispute, its easy.

Login your paypal account then

#. Click ‘My Account’ at the top of the page, then click ‘Resolution Center.’
    #. Click ‘Report a problem.’
    #. Select ‘Item dispute’ and click ‘Continue.’
    #. Click ‘Find transaction ID.’ A new window displays your transaction history.
    #. Click the transaction ID you want to dispute.
    #. Click ‘Continue, ’ then follow the instructions.

I hope we can all work together to stop figura fashion in cheating people and hope we all get back what we paid.
    with best wishes.

Jul 30, 2014

For the benefit of those who think seeing is believing I have posted the pictures of what I had ordered and what I received. I had ordered a sharara suit from them for $615 in a rich red cotton silk top and plum georgette bottom combination to wear for a wedding I am shortly going to attend. I thought it looked pretty decent and the company had promised that they would deliver the exact same item. After much ado what they sent me is the sharara in the 2nd pic (it took me many emails, a lot of coaxing, many fictionary delivery dates and reminders of 2 months). It is very cheap and tacky and certainly not what I had wanted. When contacted, the customer care says that it is exactly what I wanted. However, I dont think they are going to refund my money the decent way so I have already initiated a dispute against them through my bank. Luckily, I have all the documents and email communications with them as an evidence. Please beware guys, I do not want anyone to go through the mental and financial harassment that I had to go through. It saddens me to think that sitting here we shop online from throughout the world to finally get mugged in our own country.

Jul 30, 2014