Fifth Third Bank / customer service is awful

1 Mayfield Heights, OH, United States Review updated:

I have been given incorrect information from my banks customer service repeatedly and then the manager calls to tell me my account in negative. Not only does she tell me a specific check did not go thru when in fact it did, I am also charged huge fees. This is absolutely ridiculous. I have no confidence in this bank at all. I have called the bank before and there response time is hours. I am sorry I went with this bank.

Lu

Comments

• Tl
      20th of Sep, 2008

I am in total agreement with you. Thank you for sharing this with us.
    We know exactly how you feel...
    In the name of "Freedom of Speech" here is my experience with this same bank.
    Two months ago I had an awful experience with this bank also.
    Even though it was their mistake, I had a debit charge for a purchase I made for merchandise,
    taken out of my account twice.
    The local chainstore gave this bank more than enough proof, eletronically, and verbally,
    after many phone calls to this bank, to let them know it was the banks error. I gave a computer generated copy of the transaction to the bank, from this same store, and they also received another copy of this transaction from the store.
    It was so clear, yet I had to initiate a dispute, which even after ten business days, and in actuality fourteen days, no credit was received. No call either, no word from this bank, as to
    why they were holding back my money. Four days later I refused to sign a new dispute for the same problem, and I demanded my money back. Four days pass, and after many calls and wasted time spent on the phone, they credit my account with the correct amount. Two days after this, they decide to remove the money from my account, and never even tell me they are doing so. I call to ask why they did this, and am told they are looking into the matter again.
    This amount was for almost $350.00, I am not talking pocket money !!
    After many calls to this bank and demands for my money to be rightfully given back to me, they take four more days to credit it to my account. Now I see two credits appear, and I see
    they are more confused then I thought...and they are "bankers"...Hmmmmm...
    I took my $350.00 out of that account, left their $350.00 error in there, which they acted quickly upon, and took it out the next day. Obviously their money matters to them, and
    " mine didn't ", is the message I got. To keep this account would mean that I would have to monitor it 24/7, to avoid errors of theirs that might be very costly to me... and perhaps have to go through this again in the future. No Thanks !!! Needless to say I bank elsewhere now, and this bank is in the past, where it will stay for good. This was so unfair, and was a great inconvenience for me and my family, at a time when school was starting, and money was greatly needed!!
    A week after this was over, I received a letter from their home office,
    which was postmarked two weeks after I received my first credit, and mailed five days after they printed it, and received another five days later. It said " we cannot credit your account, as the local store issued you a credit ". All in all this is almost a month later !!
    In closing they stated the following message at the bottom of their letter to me, which reads...
    "For information on our products and services, stop by any of our Banking Centers, or visit us online. We'll show you how the things you do today can bring you closer to a better tomorrow"... Thanks but no thanks !!!
    I ALREADY FIGURED THAT ONE OUT FOR MYSELF...

• Tm
      20th of Sep, 2008

Thanks to 'Freedom of Speech', so that we may spare others the same misery.
    I too have decided to bank elsewhere for the lack of customer service, and 'attitudes '
    I have encountered at some drive-up service windows.
    Too often I have gone to the ATM machine to withdraw cash from my account, only to find
    it is 'out of service', and without a sign posted to tell you in advance.
    I went into the lobby to use my debit card, and they wouldn't accept it, instead wanted to charge me a $3.00 fee for a counter check, to take cash from my account.
    I do not carry my checkbook with me, and have been a customer at this local bank
    for over five years.
    Why should it cost me, when their machine is not in working order. And why are they in the banking business anyway ??
    Maybe some of them " should quit their day job", and give us a break !!

• Ro
      4th of Oct, 2008

my BSNL broadband connection is not work properly...
    Error is =>password & user name incorrect...so please help me to start my connection I wait only more 2 day only...
    my connection is down last 15 day...help me