Fifth Third Bank / fifth third bank as an employer

1 5050 Kinglsey DriveCincinnati, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-972-3030

If you think being a customer of Fifth Third bank is treacherous, you should should try working for them.

1) They frequently "forget" to pay you your shift differential. You have to argue to get it, and they will fix it on their own time, a couple months after you point out that it is missing.

2) They sometimes forget to pay you your overtime, and like the shift differential they forget to pay you, it will be adjusted months later.

3) Always get offers of salary increases in writing. You will find out why after you don't see it on your paycheck for a few months, and after mentioning this for a dozen times or so, the person who told you about the pay increase 3 different times, forgot they told you and will claim the conversation about your pay increase ever happened.

4) An overwhelming majority of the staff in certain departments are females and for some odd reason the handful of men who work there are quickly promoted to management, leaving women with far more accomplished backgrounds behind. If you are a woman at Fifth Third Bank, forget your advanced degrees, previous management experience, and directly related banking experience. They are not relevant at Fifth Third Bank.

5) The HR department doesn't even respond to many employment inquiries. I have heard of people applying several times to get an entry level job, even with years of related experience. They will reject your application for such tiny things as not holding your last job for more than 1 year. It doesn't matter how qualified you are or what wonderful talent you'd bring to the office. Sometimes they will contact you months after you originally applied. Amazingly, you'd think such tight application process would improve the quality of people allowed into the doors, but no, this is not the case. I see many employees with bad English and limited logic.

6) They have bonus incentives that are so hard to get, hardly anyone qualifies to get them. Employees make jokes about them. To qualify for them, you must pass a series of somewhat subjective criteria.

Comments

3rd of Jan, 2009

The lack of logical thinking by both the teller and her manager was obvious. My friend lost her ID and asked me to help her cash a check from her student loan. I currently have 3X the amount of the check to be cashed in my checking account. I have been banking with 5/3 for 8 years. The teller refused to cash her check to us because she had no picture ID to confirm she was who the check said she was. The various other IDs she had available (w/o picture) and the word of this loyal customer of 8 years, with enough $ in his checking account to cover the third party chac weren't enough to help us out. Basically, for the idiotic staff that practice "no logical thinking" my word wasn't good enough to vouch to identify my friend. Why does anyone banking with them for more than 8 years and enouigh $ in their checking account would want to defraud them by depositing in their account a third party check from a "ghost" individual. Again, these people shoewed no compassion for the extrenuous circumstances or motivation to help a loyal customer. I'm closing all accounts in the next few days and move to another bank that provides intelligent employees to interct with customers. I have no time to deal with idiots, making me waste my time and who can't thgink outside the box making customer to feel being treated like delinquents!!!.

• Cr
      29th of Apr, 2010

Bogus! There is more to this story that is not being said obviously...cry me a river

• Ro
      6th of Aug, 2010

I love working there. Hours are great, over time is always an option, tons of vacation, great pay, bonuses are great and easy to get if you are GOOD at your job. Most of this complaint seems to be sour grapes as far as hiring.