Fifth Third Bank / outrageous fees

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

I recently filed a lawsuit against Fifth Third Bank in Cook County, Illinois, which alleges violations of the Illinois Consumer Fraud Act and the Illinois Electronic Funds Transfer Act. I now know that many of Fifth Third 's customers are complaining of large overdraft fees which Fifth Third charges its customers which are based upon theoretical overdrafts that Fifth Third''s computer program creates to enable Fifth Third to charge its customers. I also am a victim of Fifth Third's scheme to charge overdraft fees based upon a theoretical overdraft which recently cost me $198.00 If you are a victim of Fifth Third's scheme to charge overdraft fees which are based upon theoretical computer generated overdrafts, e-mail me if you would like to join a class action lawsuit against Fifth Third Bank.

Ed

Comments

• Mr
      11th of Mar, 2009

Charged us overdraft fees on closed account.

• Cl
      31st of Aug, 2009

I am looking to start a class action law suit but need your story http://closeyourbankaccount.blogspot.com/

• Ed
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Fifth Third Bank steals its cutomer's money without a gun by charging its customers outrageous fees through a computer generated program which is designed to maximze fees which Fifth Third arbitraily charges it customers. I have sued Fifth Third Bank in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois. The lawsuit I have filed alleges violations of the Illinois Consumer Fraud Act and the Illinois Electronic Funds Act. After, I filed my lawsuit against Fifth Third, I discovered this web site which contains many complaints against Fifth Third by Illinois consumers and others. If you are tired of getting robbed by Fifth Third Bank. send me an e-mail

• Sw
      1st of Apr, 2010

i was charged 7.00 for to many transfers 2 days later i was charged 20.00 for excessive transfers aint that the same thing... I am moving from 53rd and I suggest you all do to. This is not the first time this happened. Its not like it is actually a human doing a job its a computer. and Its my money and if I want to transfer it from my savings to my checking I should be able to. we are remodeling and money gets moved around alot.

4th of Aug, 2010

We have been charged excessive overdraft fee's for a small math error. The bank personnel was unwilling to reverse any of the $137 worth of fee's that they charged us. In this economy, unemployed, all I asked of the bank was to reduce the fee's. They would not.