Fido / customer service

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I've been with Fido for over five years now and I have to say that I have never in my entire life come across such poor customer service. They are great as long as you do not make any changes to your plan, use the same phone number and use the same phone. My problems began a year ago when I ordered my iPhone from them.

I dealt with one completely incompetent customer service rep after another. First they forgot to order my iPhone for me, then they messed up my voice plan, my data plan and my value pack, they extended my agreement with them to four and a half years vs. the three I signed up for, etc., etc., etc.

I would strongly advise anyone considering Fido to go with another company. Telus has great customer service, I know Rogers is also not that bad.

Fido representatives, with rare exceptions, are rude, unwilling to help and are lacking knowledge about Fido products and services. If you are an unlucky customer who has a contract with them, always ask to talk to the supervisor.

I am certain Fido will loose a large portion of its customer base once other companies adopt GSM.

Never-ever have I dealt with a company that cares less about their customers than Fido does.

Comments

14th of Dec, 2009

Client services do not exist with FIDO. The company makes it as difficult as possible for their customer agents to assist with your requests and/or difficulties because they are forced to work without the necessary tools. Consequently, they are always UNHAPPY or ANNOYED to talk to you which results to a bad experience altogether. This is a vicious and unacceptable cycle.

I've been with FIDO for quite a number of years especially because they're now the only company that uses SIM cards (my experience with Rogers was not ideal either to say the least). I've been good and paid my bills on time. The only other time I had a serious complaint (since I don't like paper wastage) is when I couldn't log-in to the client portal (after they migrated to their most current interface) which took forever to get fixed and several phone calls much to their dismay (as they thought the problem would just simply go away). Since I couldn't (or wait to) print out my invoices to submit my company expenses, I had to order a paper copy which costed me something like $10.00 CAD. Of course they would not re-imburse me even after saving them $$ by choosing online billing and the fact that it was their fault I couldn't prit out my invoices. Imagine how upsetting that is!

This time, I requested to cancel my account when my contract expires on January 31, 2009. Apparently they can't process an advance notice and I HAVE TO CALL ON DECEMBER 31ST TO ENSURE THAT THEY CANCEL MY SERVICES 30 DAYS LATER. The customer service agent on the phone even said, "Well I would put it on my personal task list but I can't be sure if I'm even working that day." (ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! I HAVE A LIFE DURING THE HOLIDAYS TOO YOU KNOW!!!) So, they require a 30-day notice for cancellation BUT YOU CAN'T CALL IN ADVANCE. How absurd can that be??? Based on my experience with them, I can bet you a million dollars that if I call on New Year's Day that they will refuse to cancel it on the expiry date. Don't count on me paying you a million bucks though since it is as fake as their customer service.

14th of Dec, 2009

Hi Maria - This is Mary with Fido. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and would like to help if I can.
    I have sent you a private message for more information so that a member of our team can look into your account and assist.

Thanks,
    Mary

15th of Dec, 2009

REPLY FROM RogersMary:

"Dear Maria WA Ong,

"RogersMary" has sent you a message on ComplaintsBoard.com:

Hi Maria - This is Mary with Fido. I'm sorry to hear about the experiences you have been having and would like to help if I can.

Is Maria WA Ong your full name? Also, if you can provide me with a contact number, I will have a member of my team call you.

You can email me at FidoCares@fidomobile.com and reference your post: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/customer-service-c288889.html

Are there any specific reasons - other than the customer service experience - that you want to cancel your account? I can try to address those as well, if you'd like.

Thanks,

ATTENTION: RogersMary
    RE: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/customer-service-c288889.html

Mary,

My FIDO mobile number is . Here are my details:

If you had in fact reviewed my file or read my complaint, you'll know that I've advised your company several times that I have moved (or will be moving) to the United Kingdom and will stay indefnitely (for employment reasons) and requested to cancel my account. In any case, you should not even require this personal information to process my request especially since I would've completed my contractual obligation by my requested cancellation date.

According to my reported complaint, I phoned yesterday December 14th 2009, to request termination of my FIDO services on the contract expiry date. The agent I spoke with said that she can't put an advance notice on the account and I MUST phone back on December 31st to ensure that the account is cancelled. This response (or lack thereof) is absolutely appalling.

Once AGAIN, I want YOU/FIDO to stop billing me upon our contract expiration date of January 31, 2010. Otherwise the sooner the better, without any penalty. I expect you to send me a letter of confirmation that my request will be satisfied accordingly. I want you to post it on this site so that the Complaints Board have it on file. Also send me a copy of the letter to my email address noted on your file.

I don't want to speak with anyone from your team as I honestly no longer believe on the credibility and integrity of who you're representing. "

• Pa
      4th of Jan, 2012

Absolutely agree, I have been with Fido for over 10 years and for 2 years it has been a battle...I was stupid enough to sign another contract with them this year...had an issue with billing: used free WiFi at the hotel, but for some reason Fido charged me for data, while I was under assumption that I don't have any data access. I clearly explained while setting up new plan that I didn't want any data use! And was never told that I need to call Fido before leaving Canada to review all options. No one ever told me that even if I am Internet 3G can be still active unless Fido deactivate the access. Customer service girl was rude and practically didn't care if I wanted to leave Fido. She said it was my responsibility, and didn't accept my argument that Fido didn't provide me with enough information to make the correct decision. Folks leave Fido!!!