Fidelity Investments / phantom stock purchase

Aug 13, 2015
Fidelity Investments
5100 N Ocean Boulevard
Phone: 954-946-1166
At approximately 4:15 p. M. On monday, july 27, 2017, I placed with fidelity via the internet 4 buy orders for various dividend-paying common stocks. The following day my orders were filled... And then some. I noted a confirmation slip for a company with the symbol "ngls" which I had not ordered. I immediately phoned fidelity on july 28. After speaking with a rep for about 10 minutes, including being put on hold twice, I was told the matter could not be resolved that day and would be referred over to a dept. For investigation. I was, however, told that the ngls order was placed at 7:15 p. M. On july 27. I was home watching tv at that time. I live alone. No one other than fidelity has my user name or password.
When 2 weeks passed without further word from fidelity, I called again on august 11. I was told there was no record of my previous call. Very strange since you always get a message saying the call is being recorded. I repeated my problem. The rep thought he could resolve it in 30-40 minutes. I told him i'd be home for the next 90 minutes. He called back in about 20 minutes and said the matter would have to be looked into by the fraud dept. He asked me what I was seeking. I told him I wanted to be made whole with the money placed back in my account. I did not want the stock.
The rep called back on august 12 and left a message on my answer machine saying they were still working on it.
On august 13 I received a call from the rep saying no fraud was found, and that fidelity does not feel responsible. He wanted to know if I wanted the stock sold. I said yes and that I would decide what my next step would be to recover any loss, including removing my accounts from fidelity. He expressed regret since i've been with the company for 30 years.
I don't know what happened at their end. I do know nothing occurred at mine. Even if anyone else had my log-in info, it would make no sense to order for my account as there is nothing to be gained.In view of my long-standing relation with the company, I believe they should have stepped up to the plate.

Fidelity Investments Logo Fidelity Investments