Fidelity Debt SolutionsStay away

1 Review updated:

The biggest mistake of our lives was the day my husband and I joined Fidelity Debt Solutions in order to lower our credit card bills. Their website and their reps. mislead you and misrepresent what they are able to do. We were given a monthly payment plan and told that they could lower our credit card balances by up to 60%. Our plan was for 30 months. They charged us very high fees also. Long story short, 8 months into the program these accounts went to collections and one got a money judgment on us. The entire time the collection agencies were contacting us Fidelity convinced us that all was well and they rarely ever took anyone to court. BIG lie, both of them have. We were faced with garnishments. We had no choice but to file bankruptcy. Fidelity has ruined us financially. You see... before we joined Fidelity we had only been late a couple times on one account, the other always on time. The problem was we were without income for almost a year and had to use the cards to get by. Once the income started up again we knew we had to find a way to lower our monthly bills in order to build up our savings again. We never wanted to get in the position again of not being able to meet our bills. Only on Fidelity's advice did we stop making payments. They told us once we joined their debt management program we had to stop paying the credit card bills because of the negotiations. Well sadly and too late we realize that the credit card companies will not work with these types of debt solutions. We were under the impression that payments would start right away. That is not true. Fidelity does absolutely nothing until you have built up enough funds in their special account to make the creditors an offer. And guess what??? They do not wait for you to get enough money, they turn your accounts over to collections and the next thing you know you are being sued for money judgments and the creditors always win. Then they can proceed with garnishments. And I learned that just because you are self-employed you are not protected from garnishments. They can garnish a checking account! I called Fidelity many many times and was very upset and frantic because things were really heating up. They always told me not to worry, nothing was going to happen. They also told me the only thing they could do if they got a judgment was put a lien on my house and as long as I was not planning to sell it, it meant nothing. Not one time did they say they could garnish wages or bank accounts. We have filed a complaint against them with our state attorney general. I know nothing will come of it, but at least Fidelity knows the complaint will be on record. If you ever want to do a debt solution there is only one that can help you. It is Consumer Credit Counseling Service, which is a non-profit organization. They do start payments immediately but it works best when you do it before accounts are given to collections. We tried but the collection agencies would not work with them. Therefore our only recourse has been bankruptcy. We are hoping that our future will be brighter and happier soon! Stay away from any debt solution agency you find online. They always charge huge fees too. CCCS does not charge much at all. Fidelity Debt Solutions website is online and they are based out of Irvine, CA.

Ba

Comments

Sep 22, 2008

I don't really believe this story. Why would you pitch Credit Counseling to someone and advertise a product you have no knowledge about and not tried. YOu said you filed for BK, so why would you all the sudden sell or advertise a CCCS program?

Oct 01, 2008

I am the person who wrote this complaint and IT IS ALL TRUE! I am not pimping CCCS, I am trying to explain to people that there is a big difference in how CCCS operates and how most of these other debt solution places operate. CCCS immediately starts making monthly payments to your creditors, the others do not! All they do is hold your money in an acct. until you have enough to pay your creditors. Only problem is the creditors will not wait 2-3 yrs for their money. And the whole time you are trying to build the bank account to pay them off they continue to add late fees and penalties, which in 10 months with Fidelity added thousands of dollars to what we already owed. That is why we are now in bankruptcy, there were money judgments, and garnishments within 10 months of starting the Fidelity program! We did try CCCS, (after Fidelity) but by the time we realized that they operate differently then Fidelity, it was too late, the creditors had already started the judgment/garnishment and would not settle for the payment plan that CCCS offered, which was determined by what CCCS felt we could afford to pay. So DO NOT sit there and tell me I know nothing about CCCS!

Nov 05, 2008

Fidelity Debt Solutions is a scam. They used to have their accounts serviced by a reputable back end servicing company called QSS. They stole information and personnel to try and capitalize on people like you without having to do the job correctly. I am sorry for your loss. I am an investigator hired by TASC to seek out companies that are giving the industry a bad name and Fidelity has been on our radar for months. We have an open file with them and several requests for an investigation submitted to the FTC. Their advertising is also run by Engine Ready out of San Diego. They currently advertise for American Financial Service as well. Sorry to hear about your BK. Please file a complaint with the Attorney General of your state so that you can block them from doing business there again.

• Dr
      Jan 13, 2009

This woman's story is 100% accurate, as my experience is EXACTLY THE SAME. EXACTLY. At this point, I am now filing bankrupcty to save myself in any way that I possibly can. My attorney told me that these places are a scam and to file a complaint with my Attorney Generals Office as well. After I file bankruptcy and get through this mess, regain some energy, I plan to do so. I did file a complaint with the Better Business Buerea. I received a response back from Fidelity, much of what they wrote were lies. I guess after they rip off people all day long, they need to lie to help themselves sleep at night. Seriously, avoid this company. If our messages save even one person from getting ripped off from this organization, then I will feel a little better.

• Sh
      Jan 20, 2009

Thank you for this information, my husband and I, have been talking with Fidelity, and actually were considering going through with them, I am so glad, I found this web site, thank you so much, I'm sure you saved us a lot of STRESS, you mentioned CCCS? I have tried looking them up, and there is so many, even Fidelity came up under that, do you happen to have a good website, or maybe know where they are based out of? I would appricaite any information, anyone has to offer. I am so sorry, for what you had to go through, I hope things get better for you and your husband.

Thank you!

• Vo
      Feb 12, 2009

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM FIDELITY.
    My parents got involved with them 1 year ago with the intentions of paying their debt. However a year later the phone calls from collection agencies increased. Court dates notifications start to arrive. Fidelity does not do anything, they are taking monthly payments from you and pretend that they are trying to negotiate with your creditors.
    Your creditors on the other hand are trying to inform you that no one from Fidelity has try to contact them.
    PLEASE DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THEM. THIS WOULD BE YOUR BIGGEST MISTAKE.
    I am trying to find a legal way to report this scam and get my parents money back. I can't imagine seeing my mom crying all the time.

Feb 16, 2009

I am sick to my stomach, wish I would have researched this FDS b4 joining up. I have a court date tomorrow with a creditor. FDS kept assuring us that the creditors would not go to court and garnish wages. If I find out they never contacted these creditors, who are taking me to court now, I will sue them for all back. Thx for the heads up all.

• Ji
      Feb 19, 2009

I am seriously considering a class action lawsuite.

If you are also a victim, and would like to join me, please send a private email to:
    [protected]@wlbiz.com

Feb 24, 2009
    Fidelity Debt Solutions - Scam
    fidelity debt solutions
    Florida
    New York

I have signed on with fds and I was served with papers from one of the credit card companies today they are sueing me. I then called fds who preceeded to tell me to fax everything to then and not to worry. I have now found this website and am reading all these complaints and think at this point I need ro file bankruptcy so I can stop paying these crazy fees to fds. They seem to collect all their fees up front and leave you nothing to work with to settle with the credit card people. What do I do fds tells me not to worry that they can still help me.

• Da
      Feb 27, 2009

I just joined FDS over the phone and was supposed to receive a welcome package in the mail to sign, etc. I have not received the package in 2 weeks and today I noticed they have already taken money out of my checking account. I was under the impression that I had to sign something to authorize them to take money out. Evidently I agreed to this during our phone call - I do not recall agreeing to it and believe they should not be able to take money unless I sign an authorization. Anyway I have filed a complaint with the fraud unit of my bank so I can get my money back and I have left a message with the contact person at Fidelity to attempt to straighten this out. While waiting for their welcome package I received a threat from one of my creditors of legal action. This prompted me to look into Fidelity a bit more and I found this site. Glad I did. I have contacted ClearPoint Financial and now have a solid plan to pay my debt in 4 1/2 years, saving me about 70 years of minimum payments and $96, 000 in interest fees, while at the same time keeping me out of court as the creditors happily work with ClearPoint to resolve the accounts. Still waiting on return call from Fidelity to get my money back, but I do have the Fraud unit at my bank involved so I am hopeful I will get it back soon.

• De
      Mar 10, 2009

Thanks to all of you who wrote in on this. I literally had just written an email to the representative at FDS and have scheduled to speak with him at 5pm today. Well, that's not happening! I'm so sorry for those of you who got so screwed by this company, that's just awful! I pray that you recover from all they've done to you. Funny thing is, I've been skeptical for 2 weeks while talking to this guy and today I said, hell I'm going to call. Yet, I decided first to check out their website and came across this one...thank GOD! And, thank you all again.

• Vl
      Apr 01, 2009
    Fidelity Debt Solutions - Unauthorized charges
    Fidelity Debt Solutions
    fidelitydebtsolutions.com

On September 25th of 2008, I signed up with Fidelity Debt Solutions to handle my mounting debt and inability to pay creditors due to a medical leave from work. I was told they would start to work on my creditors as soon as the first two inflated installments were made. It is now three months after the fact, and I have Creditors filining legal action against me. Fidelity's answer? Just ignore them, they are just trying to scare you into paying. I have filed with my state's Attorney General, and I am getting ready to file with the FTC.

I strongly advise anyone thinking of using this company to go elsewhere, I did and I am happy with them.

Apr 05, 2009

Hello, I am Babs who wrote the complaint about Fidelity Debt Solution back in Sept.'08. I have not been back on this site for a long time. After writing that I filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's office. The OH. A.G. was super. They told me they have so many complaints about these debt solution companies, but none on Fidelity. Probably because they are out in CA. Anyway I have to say that once the A.G. got involved we had FDS 's attention. Long story short we got about 80% of our money back. Interesting huh? Proves to me they are nothing but a bunch of crooks and scammers! I urge all of you to contact your state attorney general and file a complaint. We did indeed go through the bankruptcy and got our discharge. Now we are trying to put our lives back together.
    One of you asked about CCCS. That simply is Consumer Credit Counseling Service. I think they are in most states. The difference is the one we went to has been in business for over 50 yrs. And they are a non-profit organization. They do not promise you those unbelievable results like FDS. They can only negotiate lower interest rates, and reduced or eliminated penalties. BUT you will have the best results if you contact them BEFORE your credit card companies or other creditors turn your accounts over to collections. Those people do not work with CCCS. From what I can tell they do not work with anyone. So don't let it get to the point that it goes to collections.
    I wish I knew then what I know now. I am not normally a naive person. I think the feeling of despair and panic caused me to tune out that little voice in my head that said if it sounds too good to be true it probably is! Like some of you it was the same with us. When the collection calls and all their threats started we were told by FDS they were just trying to scare us and almost never took legal action. Let me tell you they all did! And now to hear they did with you, I know I was not the exception!
    The sad irony of this whole thing is CCCS recommended payments to our creditors. One was 100.00, another was 150.00 and another 250.00. They all refused to accept that amount. They said they required at least double what CCCS told them we could pay. They wanted more money and wanted it quicker then the 4 yrs CCCS had set forth. We are on a repayment plan through the bankruptcy and we are paying far less then the approx. 700.00 we would have been paying if we agreed to pay what the creditors insisted on. They would have had that amount over a 4 yr period. Now we are paying 300.00 per month for 3 yrs. So they will end up with far less then they would had they worked with CCCS. Don't misunderstand, I am not recommending bankruptcy for any of you. It has wrecked out credit and it will be a long time before that goes away. My point is that it is so awful that we were forced by our creditors to file BK and for what? They sure did not come out ahead! And the only thing we benefited from was it stopped all legal action and the pending garnishments. I hope all of you who have written comments have had a better outcome then we did. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. It sounds like I may have helped a few of you, and if so I am glad some good came of our tragedy.

Apr 07, 2009

I had the same thing happen, however i had enogh money in my account to settle two of my debts, one in which sent me a legal notice that they were going to sue. i told my rep about it and they advised that they would get it resolved immeditly, three months had gone by and nothing had been done, they told me that they had been working with the debt collecter and are getting close to a settlement. i was getting concerned so i called debt collector, who were also an attorney's office and they advised that they had never recieved anything from Fidelity debt solutions, not even a letter saying they were handeling the account. I settled the account on my own, and was then told that if i would have waited two more days they were serving me with a court summons, which i would have lost in court, and have an additional 230 dollars added to teh full balance. Fidelity Debt Solutions will only take your money, lie, and screw your world up. Stay away from this company!!!

• Vl
      May 13, 2009

Hi can some one tell me a good debt company I can go true

• Da
      Jun 16, 2009

I actually did my research on Fidelity before joining 6 months ago. They did not have any Better Business complaints and seemed reputable. Six months now and they have not settled anything with anyone. They are going to wait until they are fully paid the 14% before they do anyting. Looking to get out. I looked at my account and more than half of what I have paid has gone to fees. No creditor has been contacted yet.

• Fi
      Jun 27, 2009

I have just been issued a summons. Like every other person that has complained about Fidelity on here, my story is the same.

I agree with one of the above users, there should definitely be a class action suit against Fidelity. If I would have worked with a legitimate company, my problems would not be so big. Now, sadly I must file bankruptcy. :(

• Cl
      Aug 31, 2009

If anyone is interested in filing a class action lawsuit against these guys, email [protected]@iavla.org

Sep 21, 2009

I agree with all you people. I was issued two summons and these people did nothing to help. They tell you to fax copies of the summons and they just ignore you and your calls. I am trying to get all my money back but they are trying to tell me that I can't get my fees back. I agree there should be a class action suit filed against them. I am going to see how you go about doing so.

• Cl
      Sep 23, 2009

I agree with all you people. Can we make a class action suit filed against them together?

• Le
      Sep 26, 2009

So glad I read all of this. I talked to rep at fidelity 2 days ago and the too good to be true came to mind and researched and found this site. I wont be calling them back but I really need some help. My entire check goes to credit card bills and I am barely a float. Nothing is late but I cant keep living like this, one pay check from being homeless.

Sep 26, 2009

leslie 323,
    As I posted above your best bet is to contact a non-profit Consumer Credit Counseling Service. And do it before anything gets turned over to collections. CCCS can work with your creditors and work out a monthly payment you can handle. The difference in an organization like CCCS is as soon as you start making payments to them, they start paying your creditors. And they will not promise you unbelievable savings of 40%-60% of your original debt. Another thing you go to an actual office, talk in person to a counselor. I am not sure if all states have CCCS offices, but I would think they have something similar. Do your homework, and stay away from internet debt solution businesses. They are all the same. And before anyone says anything I am not working for CCCS. I am just using them as an example of a legitimate service.
    Babs

• Ro
      Oct 11, 2009

My wife and I have gone thru the same thing with FDS. Thanks to these sleazebags, my credit is ruined. I was in over my head with credit card bills and looking for a way out. I was never late on payments but Fidelity told me to allow the accounts to become delinquent and all hell broke loose from there on. 9 months into the program we got sued by Discover Card, which informed me that they will not deal with debt settlement companies. When I called Fidelity, the rep told me that they would contact me the collection agency that filed the suit, but they never did. When I asked for a refund, they offered me 20% of all the money I paid into the programs. After I threatened them with calls to the Attorney Generals of California and Massachusetts and the Federal Trade Commission, they relented and offered a refund of about 60% . My advice to anyone is to stay away from Fidelity Debt Solutions, or for that matter, any debt settlement companies. Debt settlement can be done for as little as 10 cents on the dollar and you can do it yourself if you are persistent and have the courage to take on your creditors. If you are behind on your credit card bills, contact the creditors and haggle with them with a settlement offer. I have heard that during these leans times, they will take whatever they can get in order to avoid losing it all when debtors file to bankruptcy.

• Ri
      Oct 26, 2009

I just signed up with FDS. I've yet to make my first payment. I found this website by looking up FDS. and now I'm reading all the horror stories. I'm now thinking seriously of canceling everything. As a matter of fact, I'm calling right now to talk to someone with FDS. If anyone out there has advise for me on what to do please let me know.

Oct 26, 2009

I advise you not to continue with them. If you must go with a debt consolidation company look for one with the BBB seal.

• Gt
      Oct 27, 2009

thank you all I also talked to FDS but after read this my husband and I stop everthing and called the companys and are working out deals

• Fu
      Nov 04, 2009

How do I know that all these complaints against Fidelity Debt Solutions aren't CCCS's way of bashing them so they can discourage people from using them.I would be very leery of people bashing a company and at the same time saying how great another company is.

Nov 04, 2009

Nobody here is calling CCCS great!!! They are simply saying companies like CCCS have a much better track record. I guess bottom line is there is no way you know for sure who is posting. But I am here to tell you our experience with FDS was a nightmare that forced us into bankruptcy!!! Any debt solution co. that tells you to deliberately default on your payments is corrupt!!! Gee how do we know you are not a FDS employee?

• Me
      Nov 17, 2009

After 17 years of working for my former employer I was laid off early this year. While looking for a new job we began to use our savings to keep afloat and as the lay off and job hunt drug on we began to contact our creditors in an effort to work with them on a way to continue paying and avoid turning to an outside comany to help us. We got nowhere with our creditors and in most cases ended up talking with some guy in India who didn't have the best english skills, or where given the option of making a payment in full at a slightly reduced rate which wasn't possible at the time. So my wife signed us up with Fidelity and we are in a much worse situation. We had great credit and had no late or missed payments on any account in over 20 years and were current but struggling when we joined Fidelity. They miss represented what they would do and every time we called we had a new rep in charge of our account and were always told don't worry we are here to working with your creditors and will give you a monthly updates. That never happened. They told us we had to be in default before any of the creditors would begin to negotiate on anything...Red Flag!!..Should have canceled then...But again were told no to worry this is how it works...We had one very small credit card settled on (maybe a $600.00 one they got down to $400.00) and have been sued twice and we have just dropped the program yesterday and have chossen to try and make the payments on our own now that I have found a new job that pays very well. Our credit has been totally destroyed by Fidelity...not that it would have been great doing this ourselves but we could have stayed current and not have gone into default as we were advised to by Fidelity...We still have $1300.00 in our account with them and demaned it returned and to have a manager or someone other than a rep call us...no call as of yet and when I try to call them..These people are always in a meeting...lol...must be discussing all the lawsuits that will be in the future...

Nov 17, 2009

Metalgold, File a complaint against them with your state Attorney General. We did and got back about 3/4 of the money we paid to Fidelity. Your story is almost word for word the same as ours. We were current but barely keeping our heads above water. I wish we had listened to our gut when they told us to stop making our monthly payments! Good luck to you!

• Jd
      Dec 04, 2009

i wish i read this before i finished my enrollment call with them(just now). Will they let me out now? after reading this i'd rather continue to at least pay the minimum on accounts till i can figure something else out.

Dec 04, 2009

You can terminate the contract at anytime. Only thing is if you have paid in any money you may not get that back. An alternative to just making minimum payments would be to locate a non-profit debt management company that also offers financial counseling. This type of business will have the BBB seal. They will have a business location where you actually go and talk to counselors in person. They are a long established business. You will get immediate help. They do not tell you to stop making payments and then wait until you have enough money in the acct to make an offer. They contact your creditors and work out a payment plan. Do this before your creditors turn the accounts over to collection agencies. Collection agencies are not as easy to work with as the original creditor, such as a credit card acct.

• Iw
      Jan 25, 2010

FIDELITY DEBT SOLUTIONS out of San Diego is a HUGE SCAM!!! I am an ex employee who left because how wrong people were treated! I had elderly calling me crying because they didn't know what to do... and we were supposed to keep feeding them lies! 9 times out of 10 YOU WILL GET SUED!!! It always happens even though we say in our sales pitch that it's a slim chance and happens to less than 1%. Most companies won't even work with us even though we "say" we have had a relationship with them. THE SALES REPS WILL TELL YOU ANYTHING TO GET YOU TO SIGN ON SO THEY GET THEIR COMMISSION!!! PLEASE SEAK OTHER HELP... THIS WILL ONLY ADD TO YOUR TROUBLES!!!

• Jr
      Feb 03, 2010

When those of you who got money back by fileing a complaint with your state's attorney general what did you include in your complaint? Being that there is a signed document you had to have proven that you did not get what was promised in that document. Since they state that there are no guarantees what did you use as an argument. My argument at this point is the lack of attention and how it is impossible to get a hold of them. I never leave messages anymore because they don't call back. I simply call and call and call until they finally pick up. Any help would be appreciated, I am about to cancel the account now. I was issued a summons and I finally gave up on what my Rep was trying to do and called the lawfirm directly and they were ready to help and said to stay away from these types of companies.

• Bt
      Feb 10, 2010

I have had the same experience with them. All they do is lie. I also would like to know what I have to do to get my money back. Please Help

Feb 11, 2010

I can not understand why, knownly you would continue to use your cards in the position you were in? If you know you are in debt; the wise decision is you do not create more debt. When continuing to use your credit cards do to hard economy times; this is like borrowing money which you are already aware, you can not afford to pay back. By continuing to use your credit cards to get by; it is just the same as stealing. When you go into debt solutions programs, you are not suppose to continue building up your debt by adding to it. This is what sets you up for collections, wage garnishment etc... I understand that the economy is really tough right now and has put everyone in a mess. I myself have fallen behind do to job market and job cut backs. Our wonderful goverment made cutbacks in the medicare and medicaid. These cutbacks caused cutbacks in my job. Now thanks to the goverment I am lucky if I get 30 hours a week working 2 jobs instead of one. The goverment is the reason why we are in the mess we are in. I am currently looking for a 3rd job. I called my creditors, asking them to work with me and explain my situation. The answers I got from my creditors was no as far as being willing to work with me. This left me no choice but to go into a debt solution program. It may not be the answer I like, but it is either that orbankruptcy. That leaves me not much to choose from. The goverment is to blame. Currently I feed my family by the use of food banks and I am working on paying off my smaller bills. I had no financial problems before the medicaid, medicare cutbacks. I thought I had all my bills covered and could manage my debt completely . If I could sue Uncle sam for puting me in this mess I would. Instead of blaming debt solution businesses, you should be putting the blame on where it all started; the economy and all the cutbacks. Sure Uncle sam is trying to help, but I have yet to see where he has helped me any. If debt solutions does not work then I will file bankruptcy. Yes a creditor can garnish accounts, but it is awfully hard to garnish that account if you close it or do not put money into it. Yes your wages can be garnished, but most companies will not garnish your wages, instead they will fire you first. Yes you can always be taken to court, but it is really hard to get blood out of a turnip. Yes I have a home but my dad carries the note. It is kind of hard to take a house away from you that you still owe money on and is very far from being paid for, they can not take your home and force you to sell something that has a lien holder, it would go to the lien holder first and that would be only enough to cover the lien holder exspense first. I basically have nothing they can take unless of course they want a wrecked car. The Goverment has got me in this mess just like everyone else and that is where the blame should lie.

• He
      Feb 13, 2010

I'm in the boat too. I had good credit but was about to start falling behind because of lack of work and so I went with them...now I have horrible credit and they haven't paid crap off. How do you go about cancelling your account and can you get the money out of the noteworld account they have set up for you? I dont' want to file bankruptcy but don't really know what to do...help!

• Sp
      Feb 17, 2010

My husband and I also signed up with FDS a year ago hoping to get back on track financially. We were never ever late on our credit cards but were only making the minimum payment. We struggled month by month to get by. When we signed up with FDS it was like a dream come true. They told me what I wanted to hear. We were told to immediately stop paying on our credit cards because it would make it easier for them to negotiate a pay off amount. Every month we paid almost 8oo dollars to them and the first two were double payments. Within 2 months the creditor’s calls got out of control that we were forced to change our number. Many of them were never even contacted by FDS even tho FDS told us they had. 7 months later we were summons to court. I contacted FDS and was told not to worry that they would contact the attorney for us. About 2 weeks later I still had heard nothing. Finally I contacted the attorneys myself and they had heard nothing from FDS and they also told us that they refuse to work with a company like FDS. They are nothing but a bunch of scammers and they advised me to pull out with them. Needless to say things got so out of control that my husband and I ended up filing for bankruptcy in November. FDS has completely ruined everything for us. Our credit was okay until we signed up with them. We had paid almost 12 thousand dollars to them and only had about 6 grand in our “Pay off” account. I contacted FDS to inform them that we wanted out money back. I sent them a certified letter as well and finally after 2 weeks I received a call from them but that wasn’t until I filed a complaint with the my state attorney general. Turns out also that FDS is not even licensed to work in our state. We have received some money back but not all. They still owe me about 3 grand. I am fighting this to no end to get it back. I cannot believe that places like this even exist in our country. I hope that this company gets what they deserve one day. JAIL!! for literally robbing the public

Mar 01, 2010

My experience so far with fidelity has been ok. 5 months and only one collection call. Yes my account is still building . The bills I have were not created over night and willnotgo away over night. I so far have talked to fidelity several times on the phone, just to ask where we are at. The creditors were calling continously in the begining, which was quite annoying for a couple of months. I filled out out a phone long and had caller i.d. I listed each andevery call to my phone date and time of call and wrote down names ofcallers if they left a message. Each creditor received a letter that was certified telling them to to refer all calls etc... to fidelity debt solutions. The calls have stopped. I received one call from a collection agency which was down right rude and harassing. I immediately filed a complaint on the do not call list for harrassment. I also directed the collection agency to fidelity. I am in debt so far that It will take forever for me to crawl out of debt unless this economy makes a fast turn around. Fidelity debt solutions is one of the few companies after being audited that was not shut down. The recently went through a audit and passed it with flying colors. I can understand your frustrations, cause I have been frustrated with the stress of being in debt. I to never had a problem paying my bills untilthis economy hit. My choice was a debt solution company or bankruptcy. I decided debt solutions first over bankruptcy. Before I went into debt solutions I had called each and everyone of my creditors asking them to work with me. None of my creditorswere willing to work with me; even after explaing the situation I was in. I had already exhausted all of my savings paying my monthly payments that I use to be able to make easily. My mistake was using credit cards. At the time ofusing the credit cards, I had a good job and knew I would be able to pay my bills on time. But then uncle sam decided to make cutbacks. These cutbacks caused me to loose $16, 0000 in income. This hurt and is what forced me into this situation. So far fidelity debt solutions has kept the one collection agency away and has talked to the colection agency. I do not expect this process to be easy and I know it will be a long road before I am financially sound. Any time you can not meet you bills your credit rating does go south; that just can be expected. But what else can you do if you can not meet minium payment that the creditors want and they are not willing to work with you? I understand the creditors want there money and I want to pay them, but I can notpay what I do not have. i was told it wouldtake 34 months to get me out of debt by fidelity, that beats 7 years of bad credit when filing bankrupcty. I would rather be out of debt in 34 years and rebuild my credit then have 7 years of bad credit caused by bankruptcy. If fidelity does not work out then I am left with bankrupcty. I would rather take a chance with fidelity than go into bankruptcy immediately. All I have left to say is thank you uncle sam for getting me into this mess. Thank you uncle sam for the lost of work due to your cutbacks, while you sit in the white house with your servants eating steak, lobster and caviear; while meand my family eat whatever the food bank provides us.

Mar 01, 2010

correction that was suppose toread I would rather be out ofdebt in 34 months and rebuild my credit then have 7 years of bad credit caused by bankruptcy