Fidalgo Country Inn / Fraud & cheating!

fidalgo bay rdFidalgo Island, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-244-4179

We were taken advantage of because we were lost. They over charged us for a disabled room, refused to give us the internet rate, the woman was extremely verbally abusive to my wife, this is the hotel from hell!

Comments

Sa
  22nd of Jun, 2008
I agree - It's the worst I've been treated by hotel staff ever! The completely rude front desk person blamed me for her mistake and tried to charge me for an extra night on the room. I had booked two rooms for two nights for my son's soccer tournament. When we got the game schedule, I called to change both rooms to Saturday night only. I was on the phone with her for several minutes while she brought up both rooms and changed them to Sat. only. She even had me tell her the ages of the children in each room. On Sat, I called and she said that we were supposed to check in to one of the rooms Friday night. I told her that I had changed both rooms. She said, "Prove it!" She went on to complain about how she hates the soccer families and that she had a bad week and that her computer had problems and yet still could hold out no possibility that she had made the mistake. Then, she said we couldn't stay there if we didn't pay for Friday since she couldn't rent the room. Needless to say, we found other accommodations. She then went on to refuse to let another family stay when they called to verify that their room had been accurately changed to one night. Then, a third family was almost denied lodging when they requested confirmation of Friday night's change! She also claimed to be the owner! I hope that's not true!
Je
  14th of Sep, 2008
Wow! I am so happy to hear that other people had a horrible experience like I did! I mistakenly thought it would be a good idea to stay there on my wedding night, and had booked the room a week previous to that with my visa. When we arrived after our reception (at 11pm) the woman at the desk was extremely rude and went on to tell us how LUCKY we were that she didn't give our room away because our reservations were no good, telling me that my card was not valid! I told her that card was just to reserve the room and that we were paying with another so why was my card charged? And she was very snotty and said that we should have called to let them know we were going to be late as I stood there in my wedding gown and my husband in his tux. I have never, ever experienced such bad customer service ever. And then she lied and said that the room rate was really $299 (when I booked it for $189) and that we were again, lucky she wasn't charging us that rate because sometimes she makes people pay up to $400 for it!! And this was a crappy smoking suite!! DO NOT STAY AT THE FIDALGO COUNTRY INN. You'll regret it.