Fictitious Business Name Renewal Center / Renewal notice not received

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I submitted my renewal fee back in April and have left several messages and i haven't heard back from anyone nor receoved anything in the mail. I paid $125 plus another $34.

It is so frustrating when you need this important documentation to run your business and you have people who don't cooperate. People in there back office need to expedite these requests.

More Fictitious Business Name Renewal Center Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Kg
      18th of Jan, 2010

This renewal center is a scam...it is not a government agency & says so on the form. All Fict. Bus. Statements and renewals are done with the county clerks office for your specific county... not Sacramento (unless tat is your county - that was my 1st tip off). and it only costs 43$ to renew... and if you lapse... it still only costs 43$ plus the cost of the newspaper ad.

• St
      10th of Mar, 2010

This scam is so bad they can't even get the right information on the business they request renewal from.

• Ta
      18th of Jun, 2010

I had the same mistake. I wrote them a check for $100 already.

I want to know how i can get my money back from this company.

• Ar
      12th of Jul, 2010

Sorry, it's yet another scam. Just got one of their mailings today and knew immediately. I've been doing my own filings for 20 years!

Already sent them a check? File a complaint with your state's Dept. of Consumer Affairs or Attorney General, AND the FTC.

• Qa
      16th of Sep, 2010

Please always read the small print. It says in plain English. "THIS IS NOT A BILL. THIS IS A SOLICITATION. YOU ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO PAY THE AMOUNT STATED, UNLESS YOU ACCEPT THIS OFFER." Since you have submitted a check, you decided to give them your money. No returns!

• Ca
      1st of Aug, 2014

Fictitious Business Name Renewal Center
    Beware this business name, it is a Scam. This fake business is located 2740 Fulton Avenue, Suite 203 Sacramento CA 95821.
    Do not sent any payment to them, they are not the real fictitious business. The real one you have to pay is located in Downtow Sacramento H street building.

3rd of Jan, 2015

The first renewal of my FBN was due in May, 2010 and I was contacted by FBNRC in March. I sent them the necessary fees and received a response within a week. My renewal certificates arrived in May duly filed, endorsed, and signed by Patrick O'Connell, County Clerk. Stamped and all. Maria from SF Bay Area

3rd of Jan, 2015

Now that I am due for a renewal in 2015, I noticed the warnings that are mentioned above. But I dug up my old files and feel confident to have them renew my FBN again.

• To
      30th of Jan, 2015

I was sent the same letter and not knowing that this was not lagit I sent them a check twice thinking they did not respond to the first one and the 1st one took so long to cash and the 2nd one only took a few days so how do we get our money back?
    JB

• Pa
      7th of Mar, 2015

they sent me the same letter. I sent them $150 not realizing they are scammers.the only reason I got suspicious is because they sent me another notice the following month after already cashing my first check. if they weren't so stupid, they probably could have gotten away with this. now the question is; how do we take action against these ripoffs? and can we get our money back? what can be done, anyone?

• Vi
      26th of Apr, 2016

I received a renewal notice for my business name form from the following company: Fictitious Business Name Renewal Center. NOW being the detective that I can be. I looked up Fictitious Business Name Renewal on Google.com. I found that the above name was a scam. So to be a real P.I.T.A. I printed the BBB notice from 11/6/2014 made a copy HIGHLIGHTED where it said they are a scam - and wrote at the bottom HA HA BUSTED!!!.
    My advise people use LEGALZOOM or go to county court house or where ever you originally filed.

• Ro
      4th of Sep, 2016

Something seemed unfamiliar even though I was opening an official document (that's what I thought it was). Then something made me uneasy seeing all the "Return No Later Than" and "Your name is about to expire". Then annoyed when I realize that they are preying on my inability to read fine print. Then angry at the thought of them preying upon every business owner in the state. If they came across to me as a professional service and stated that they would both file at the county clerk and run the newspaper ad for me, then I would be happy to give them a check for $150.
    But no, they did not do that.
    It is obvious that they are unethical and don't deserve our support.

• Co
      8th of Nov, 2017

WE SENT THEM $125 AS WELL. WHY DOESNT OUR LAZY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS STOP THIS COMPANY???? I WOULDN'T DOUBT THAT OUR GOVT HAS THEIR HANDS IN THIS. THEY GET THEIR SHARE TRUST ME. WE ARE TAXED TO DEATH AND PAY FEES, AND MORE FEE'S, THEN THIS?? IT MAKES ME SICK THIS CALIFORNIA GOVT.

• Er
      6th of Mar, 2018

I wiped my [censor] on the form and sent it in

• Pa
      6th of Jun, 2018

This is a total scam. The real one is on H St. in downtown Sacramento. Don't be fooled by them. They take your money and don't do a thing for it.
    Pat W.