FICA Credit Scoring / SCAM

I think the FICA scoring system is a scam created for the credit card companies.

Example;
Me and my wife paid off and closed two credit card accounts, this was due to there high interest rate. We then opened a new account with lower rates and better benefits. By doing this it dropped our credit scores, so we get punished by your scoring system for doing the responsible thing with our money.

It is a no win situation, if you keep the bad accounts you pay more in interest, if you close them and open better one's you get a bad score and pay more interest on something else. If you keep them open and get new accounts you still loose because that also drops your score.

A persons score should be calculated based on credit history. Closing high interest accounts/loans for a lower rate should show your looking out for your money and raise your score.

The reason I am complaining is by getting a lower interest rate credit card my score went from Excellent to Good, now I can not get the lowest mortgage rates and my homeowners and car insurance will probably go up to... SCAM...

Comments

Bu
  29th of Mar, 2009

the cards you closed, if they had no balance on them jyou could have just let them sit open.. you dont get charged interest if you dont have a balance on the cards no matter how high the rate.

ive only ever cancelled one card and that was because it had an annual fee that would have been charged anyways.

credit score is also based on available credit vs. balances.. by closing the two cards, your available credit was reduced, making your debt to available credit ratio higher. so it makes sense why your score would go down