FIA Card Services/VISA / Failure to stop deducting from chkg account

Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-223-7046
I closed out and paid off a VISA account with FIA card services. I also went to their website and canceled the automatic payment that was shown on the website.

FIA Card Services continued to deduct a payment from my checking account for the NEXT 3 MONTHS!!

I was never able to speak to a supervisor but told "a refund check would be mailed 5-7 business days later".

I was then transferred to 'someone' in charge of the web accounts who told me that I only canceled the one payment and that it is their practice to continue deducting payments EVEN IF THE ACCOUNT IS CLOSED WITH A ZERO BALANCE!!!

He then asked if I wanted the automatic payment stopped!!!
I was incredulous!! Why would I want them to continue deducting a payment from my checking account for a closed account with a zero balance!!!

It's this kind of stupidity along with a host of other reasons why I closed the account in the first place.

I now refuse to have a credit card with any bank that allows FIA Card Services to manage their accounts...and I strongly urge others to do the same.

Comments

Pa
  9th of May, 2011
I have trouble all the time since Schwab turned their credit card over to fiavisa. Complaints are not handled until you talk to 3 to 5 other idiots who ask the same questions but then refer you. terrable. Doc