FIA Card Services / Treating CUstomers Horribly

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I CALLED TO ASK FOR A BETTER RATE THAN THE EXTORTIONIST RATE OF 25% AND RATHER THAN PROVIDE ME ONE THEY REDUCED MY CREDIT LIMIT IN HALF EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A THIS ACCOUNT FOR 19 YEARS AND HAVE BEEN MAKING PAYMENTS EVERY MONTH ON TIME.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SYSTEM AND I AM CLOSE TO PAYING IT OFF AND WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER USE IT AGAIN.

BY REDUCING MY LIMIT MY CREDIT SCORE IS THUS LOWERED WHICH IS TURNS GIVES YOU THE "RIGHT" TO CHARGE ME A HIGHER RATE!! NICE WAY TO TREAT LONG TERM CUSTOMERS. IN ANY OTHER INDUSTRY YOU WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS.

I AM FILING COMPLAINTS ALL OVER, INCLUDING NOTIFYING THE PRESS, BECAUSE THIS IS HOW YOU CAN JUSTIFY CHARGING SO MUCH!!!

EVER SINCE FIA TOOK OVER FOR BOA CREDIT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!

Jh

Comments

• Ne
      1st of Mar, 2009

THEY DID THE SAME THING TO ME. I HAVE $12, 100 CREDIT CARD LIMIT AND HAD $5500 LEFT OVER THINKING I CAN CONSOLIDATE MY HIGHER CREDIT CARD BUT NEED ADDITIONAL $500 SO I ASK THEM TO HAVE A CREDIT INCREASE OF $500, INSTEAD A LADY I SPOKE WITH (LINDA WATSON) REDUCED MY CREDIT LIMIT TO $7000 AND CLOSED THE OTHER CARD I HAD WITH THEM. I HAD TOLD HER THAT I'M NEVER LATE ALWAYS PAYING MY CARD ON TIME AND MOST OF THE TIME AHEAD OF THE DUE DATE AND SHE SAID THAT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, SHE WAS VERY RUDE AND NO REMORSE SHE EVEN ASK ME HOW MUCH I HAVE SAVE UP OR IF I HAVE ANY STOCKS, CD MONEY PUT AWAY AND I ASK HER IF SHE REALLY HAS TO KNOW ALL THAT AND SHE RUDELY ANSWERED NO! BUT IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE INCOME THIS IS THE TIME TO TELL HER NOW. I CAN'T BELIEVE A PERSON LIKE THAT EXIST THIS EARTH MY GOSH! SHE EVEN MADE A COMMENT THAT IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU ARE NOT HAVING A FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY!...AND I ASK HER WHAT SHE DID WAS LEGA AND SHE SAID IT IS (VERY PROUDLY)AND I ALSO ASK HER WHY IS SHE DOING THAT, AND HER REPLY WAS BECAUSE I CAN... AND THAT SHE IS A PERSON THAT MAKES THAT DECISION. FOR HER TO MAKE THAT COMMENT ABOUT MY FINANCIAL SITUATION SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH SHE MADE MY LIFE SITUATION HARDER. IF I KNEW I WAS GOING TO INCOUNTER SUCH PERSON I WOULDN'T EVEN TRY TO ASK FOR INCREASE SO JUST MADE A BALANCE TRANSFER. ALL I KNOW IS THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT DON'T CARE ABOUT HELPING ANOTHER HUMAN BEING IF EVEN THEY HOLD THAT CHANCE TO HELP. ITS JUST VERY SAD TO ME I JUST STARTED CRYING. I REALLY FEEL YOUR PAIN I HAVE BEEN WITH THIS COMPANY MANY YEARS.