FIA Card Services / Credit Protection Plan / Scam and fraud!

1 493 Watchung Avenue, Bloomfield NJ 07003Bloomfield, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 973 - 771 - 0676

I called FIA Card Services on 9/11/07 to transfer balances to their FIA Card Services Account/Sovereign Bank Card account. I got my first statement end December 07. In fact I have been out of home at the time I received the statement and I saw this statement first week January. I immediately called and made a phone payment. Approximately two weeks after I made the payment, I noticed an amount of $ 61.77 on the statement against credit protection Plan. Then, I called FIA Card Services who directed me to the Credit Protection Plan Customer Services Rep who informed me that I have committed myself for a Credit Protection plan and began explaining benefits of Credit Protection Plan (“If you die or lose your job you are being protected”) which words I am hearing for the first time. I requested him to kindly cancel the Plan which he did without any hesitation. When I asked to be reimbursed, I was told that this is not possible, because 30 days have lapsed since the enrollment in November 07. In my disappointment, I began calling the customer service over and over... and the same words from all of them. Then, I got my next statement for January which speaks of another deduction of 53.81 against the Credit Protection Plan.

I received a letter dated 31 january from Credit Protection Productsd Dept, Mr. Boris Maksimov (letter not signed) informing me that I applied for credit protection plan on 9 November 2007 and under the terms and conditions was provided from 9 Nov 2007 to 23 january 2008 the charges that billed to my account are valid. I really don't understand the meaning of this.

I hereby wish to inform you that I did not enter into any agreement with a Credit Protection Plan and want to seek your help in my being reimbursed. If I entered into this agreement on 9 November and if I receive my statement end of Decemer, means I cannot fight for my case within one month.

I have read similar complaints about FIA Card Services and this so called Credit Protection Plan.

Comments

An
  12th of Jan, 2012

I am currently receiving benefits from the protection due to an injury I sustained in February 2011. The credit protection fee is still being charged against my FIA account. I have had many discussions with their representatives and they claim the charge is being reimbursed with the amount they are crediting my account. I do not agree with this and I intend to continue to pursue reimbursement for this charge and the interest charges. This, of course, is not what was discussed with me when I started the credit protection.

Di
  3rd of Aug, 2012

Credit Protection Plan is a scam I refused to order, but I was billed anyway. FIA is an excellent example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. It took about 45 min to get the account cancelled. I kept getting transferred around or given a new number to start over. I didn't ask for my money back after reading a complaint above. I did get a cancellation number I will most likely will have to use next billing. I don't think this is over!