FIA Card Services / Harassment of my son in the Navy

1 CA, United States Review updated:

My son has been receiving harassing phone calls from these inept collectors and it is causing him to stress out. He was incorrectly charged while he was in boot camp ( he's in the Navy) and his account went into further debt through no fault of his own. He had called and made arrangements with them before he left for boot camp!

Now FIA card services has sent his account to a collection agency which is threatening him and calling him continuously. I resent the fact that he is being hounded by this agency while he is trying to do his job in the Navy. He was once again incorrectly charged and is now further in debt because they deducted funds on the wrong date. They are threatening to sue him. I say screw them, let them sue. He's already in collections because of their idiocy.

Li

Comments

• Li
      11th of Jul, 2008

• Ne
      29th of Oct, 2008

I nominate FIA Card Services as the most inhumane company in existence.

My son has been a patient in a New Jersey mental hospital for 30 years -- sentenced NGRI (Not Guilty Reson Insanity) for a violent crime. He will likely spend the remainder of his life in confinement.

My son ran up some charge card debt in spite of the fact that his address was clearly that of a mental hospital.

Good Old Greedy Bank of America even phoned my son at a hospital ward PAYphone in May 2007 and offered a man who has not been employed since 1979 a loan of $20, 000. My son is on high dosage of anti-psychotic drugs that reduce anxiety to the point that he is not fully functional -- so when offered the loan over the Payphone, he accepted.

Now the harassment squad at FIA Card Services is calling multiple times daily with very belittling words addressed to my son in spite of my letter to FIA Card Services explaining my son's situation. This harrassment will likely cause the doctors to incrase the dosage of anti-psychotic drugs and thereby increase the already debilitating side effects.

My son does not even receive Medicare disability pension because during the Clinton administration there was a change made that declared that persons judged NGRI could not longer receive Medicare disability pension payments. Incidentally, he does still have Medicare Part B but the Social Security Admininistration (unlike the Bank of America and FIA Services) has declared that my son is without any means to pay the premiums for Medicare Part B and apparently Social Security has a system which pays the premiums for such an indigent person,

• Av
      29th of Jan, 2009

If your son was serving active duty during the time that his account became delinquent or over the limit there is a clause that all creditor must honor “The Sailors and Soldiers Relief Act”. Which is a law that would force the bank to go back to the date of active duty and change the interest rate to a fixed rate of 5.9 percent and waive any late fees or over limit fees that occurred during that time.