FIA Card Services/B of A / Liars and Scammers

United States Review updated:
We have a MBNA Mastercard which was 30-days late. They phoned us regarding payment and told the representative I would log on to my bill pay and double-check the status and make a payment that day on-line. The representative tried to get me to pay over the phone using my checking account. I again told him "no, I'll do it on-line through their bill pay service". He put me on hold and the supposedly manager got on the phone with me. He again tried to get me to pay over the phone using my checking account. Again, I said "no, I'll do it on-line through your bill pay service". During this conversation, I had in fact logged on to my account and was checking to see if I was in fact 30 days late. The "so-called manager" then told me, a direct, out-and-out lie, "bill pay is down right now, you can't make the payment on-line, you must make it over the phone with us". He flat out, as a representative of FIA Card Service, MBNA/Bank of America, LIED TO ME. I told him, "I'll take the risk and do it myself via on-line" and hung up. I am reporting them to the appropraite agencies. They have pulled other scams as well, such as their cut-off times when you do pay on-line, etc. For each infraction, which I have documented thoroughly, I am filing a complaint with the appropiate agencies. BEWARE and do do business with someone else!!!
El

Comments

De
  31st of Oct, 2008
I have had similar problems with B of A and FIA card services. They actually went into my Wells Fargo checking account and withdrew $480.00 which left me unable to pay for my usband's breathing machine. Wells Fargo filed a dispute with B of A and put the money back a few days later and I filed a complaint with the Banking commission in AZ.

We are behind on our B of A unsecured loan but that's due to husband having 4 operations this year and I'm a real estate broker. Today they were harassing me again and telling me they would get a judgment and I would go to Jail.

All this after B of A took soooo long approving the short sale on my home that I lost the buyer and will probably now face foreclosure.

I contacted the Chairman of FIA card services this am and he was kind and helpful and said I would not be bothered anymore if I sent a formal request to cease and desist the phone calls.