FIA Card Service / ELECTRONIC CHECK PAYMENTS

1 16950 W DIXIE HWY, Miami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 305-949-8511

I am under a special program of payment a debt and
they discount the amounts more than regular
electronically with no authorization, no notificacion
creating a financing problem bigger than the one
I have. The Acct. is over the limit.
This happened twice, in spite of having been
notified before.
What can I do about. I need the money overcharged
back as soon as possible
My acct. 2275
there phone [protected]

More FIA Card Service Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ta
      31st of Oct, 2007
    FIA Card Services - Poor service

To make a long story short, the customer service representatives give me a hard time, then realize that the information I had was correct, and promise to fix it. When I don't see my very simple problem fixed, I call again and go through the whole ordeal all over. Usually, the representatives end up apologizing, but this one lady did not even want to listen to me. Finally, at the third attempt, I got the issue resolved (or so I think, it's not over until I see my next bill).

Bottom line: MOST OF THE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES ARE NOT KNOWLEDGEABLE AND ARE TERRIBLE AT WHAT THEY DO!!!

• Sh
      28th of Feb, 2008

I called Card Services to make payment arrangements. The first girl I spoke to for 3 months was RUDE and did not assist me. I finally spoke with a guy by the name of Jason and he informed me that if I make a payment (call him the last day of the month) I can get set on a payment arrangement. I was prepared to call him tomorrow and then someone from the company called today and threatened me. I told her I spoke to Jason and she said there are no notes on the account so I can't help you with that (I am REALLY UPSET). I told her I want to speak with a manager and she put one of her collegues on the phone. I told him I want to speak with a manager, and this rude woman said Jason made a mistake so you need to pay now.

I am not trying to get out of paying anything, as a matter of fact, I am the one who's been proactive in trying to set-up payment arrangements. I am trying to pay and these rude people are being really ignorant.

• Bu
      4th of Sep, 2009
    FIA Card Service - Terrible experience
    fiacardservices.com

I applied for a Charles Schwab credit card (we have over $200K on deposit with them) and ended up having three of our BANK OF AMERICA credit cards reduced/cancelled instead! That’s because the company who makes the credit decisions for Schwab also handles BofA accounts (FIA Card Services, 1100 N. King St., Wilmington, DE 19884). The woman who evaluated our Schwab credit card request had no access to see our Schwab balances and said that not only are they declining our credit card request, but since they also handle Bank of America’s cards, they decided to reduce our credit limits on two BofA cards to the current balances and close an unused card that had a $39K credit limit. That is sure to make our credit score plummet! We have never had a late payment, ever. The moral is - watch out who you apply for credit with as they may be able to close your other credit cards!

• Ed
      16th of Sep, 2009
    FIA Card Service - Do not use this service
    FIA Card Service

FIA card service what a joke! You want to pay the money owed and yet you cannot get them to take the pymt when funds are available, so they add fee upon fee and then call to hassle you for no payment. Do not use this service! There is no contact person nor any professional in the company! If you call the comsumer service line you will get a robot on the phonw, if you make it to the actual robot after punching buttons, no actual live person! So there is not help for you or your situation. Watch out.

• De
      17th of Sep, 2009
    FIA Card Service - Poor service
    FIA Card Service

I have been a cardholder since 1991 with first First Union, then changed to Wachovia then lastly held by FIA. I filed for bankruptcy 9 1/2 yrs ago and since have keep an EXCEPTIONAL credit rating and rebuilt my credit through home mortgage, car loan, this ONE credit card along with the normal utilities. When I looked on my account today it said my account was CLOSED. I thought there MUST be a mistake because I have never been late in paying and 9 out of 10 times I will pay the entire balance. My limit had even been increased up to $22, 500. When I spoke with them today they said the reason my account was closed was due to the bankruptcy filing in 2000. NO NOTICE, NO CALL, NOTHING! They did not take into consideration that I have NEVER been dilinquent in the 18 years of having this card. They did not take into account that my credit score is in the upper 700's since the filing almost 10 years ago!!! They said to keep rebuilding my credit and reapply. I am just APPAULD that a company WOULD and COULD do this to a consumer in not only good but GREAT standing. If they felt uncomfortable with my credit history from TEN years ago then I believe they could have at LEAST given me the courtesy of a phone call or a credit limit reduction but to completly CLOSE the account is distasteful at best. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND I RECOMMEND YOU NOT GIVE THEM A CENT OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY EITHER!!! They are a POOR excuse for a company of ANY sort!

• In
      5th of Nov, 2009
    FIA Card Service - No respect
    FIA Card Service

Three months ago we decided to get my daughter a pair of boots. i am a single mother and i barely make my bills but after reading about UGGS and seeing how they hold up to the weather i decided we would make buy. we do not live in a big city. so we ordered on line the company did not sent us a email confirmation the boots arrived in the wrong size and color and after close inspection they were not even UGGS. tried to contact the company to get them exchanged and they ignored me even had customer service hang up on me. I called fiacardservices. they handle my suntrust mastercard.

although polite on the phone i never got full answers. i mean i would ask what i need to do and they would supply an answer i would provide it in writing and then i would get a letter in the mail saying i had been denied because i didnt not supply something they had not asked for. this went on for 3 months.

finally they denied me again and closed the option to talk about this further.

i am about in tears over this. i am cutting up my card and withdrawing my money for suntrust to put into a local bank. i wont deal with any card that uses fiacardservices ever again.

• Ti
      6th of Nov, 2009
    FIA Card Service - Thrown away after 9 years
    FIA Card Service

I called systematically every six months to request an interest rate reduction since this card's APR was significantly more than my other two credit cards - 19.99%! Every time I called, over the course of 4 years, I was told one of two things 1) Call again in 6 months it could be old data about to fall from my credit report or 2) The account will be escalated for review and it will take 4-6 months for them to review it.

Last call was October 29, 2009 and I heard the same things as before "I don't know why I cannot lower the rate, normally there is a button and the account looks good but blah blah blah" Except, this time, the guy energetically offered to send me over to the account credit specialist who would have more info and be able to look at the account in more depth - Excellent a PERSON not a COMPUTER to make this decision! Sweet!

After verifying my financial landscape was VASTLY different than what they had in their system and that I was no longer an 18 year old waitress, the woman put me on hold to do some number crunching and came back to say she couldn't do a better rate. Although it was true I had never been late with the payment, gone over my limit, or any other silly technicality with this account, I had gone 60 days on a Best Buy store card in the spring of 2003.

In FIA Card services defense, they can read a credit report and what Katerine said was indeed true, I had gone 60 days on a Best Buy store credit card.

I proceeded to offer a human explanation and pointed out that on the credit report, she could see that Best Buy account reported only in March, April and May of the same year but ceased reporting because I had paid the account in full and closed the account. I additionally explained, I had purchased a 200 dollar digital camera for a school project on the store credit card that I opened the day of the purchase, got mixed up and when I realized the mix up, paid the balance in full, closed the account and never, ever opened another store card again.

Long story short, she was incredibly belligerent and condescending - even saying "I AM NOT GOING TO STAND HERE AND ARGUE WITH YOU" - my past credit indiscretion was the reason FIA Card services could not offer me a better rate. And, until that was removed from my credit report, this would remain FIA Card Services stance. After explaining to her that I didn't understand why my mortgage guarantor disagreed with their assessment of my risk when I received an A+, fixed rate mortgage in the heart of the housing bust (August 2008), my auto loan guarantor also disagreed with an outstanding fixed rate car loan (March 2007)and my other 2 credit cards (Citi and CapOne both opened prior to 2002) had rates at least 7 APR points lower, she simply said "I'll be happy to close the account"

And like that, after nearly 9 years of on-time payments and good behavior, I became a thrown away customer.

12th of Mar, 2010
    FIA Card Service - Can't get into my acc
    FIA Card Service

I want to go paperless billing and I can't get into my account.

I've spent days an days trying to do this. Entering your website (fiacardservices.com) you take me to eib...? website. I always get timed out.

My name, address, acct #, etc is there and correct. I'm in there and I don't understand why I can't bring my account.

When I enter my user name and password you tell me they aren't valid. I know what I'm entering is correct are as I wrote them down when I registered.

Do something about this!!

• Me
      15th of Jun, 2010
    FIA Card Service - Was not told I would be charged a processing fee
    FIA Card Service

I recently checked my credit union statement and it appears that I have been charged a processing fee for automatic withdrawal from my checking account for scheduled monthly payments. When I spoke with your representative to make this arrangement, I was not told that there would be this processing fee. Not only is this discovery unfair, but also unprofessional at best. I am grateful that my monthly payment has been reduced, nor due I mind paying a processing fee if this is the case. I just find it extremely shameful that this added fee was not discussed with me.Disgusting.

15th of Sep, 2010
    FIA Card Service - Horrible service
    FIA Card Service

I have been a customer of FIA card services since 1997. I have 3 credit cards with them, with a total of $60, 000 in available credit. I use my credit cards wisely and carry little debt.

Last week I applied on line for a new card through a social organization I volunteer with. Today a rep from FIA called and said, "good news, we can approve your new card, but we also are reducing your total available credit limit on all cards by 2/3 down to $20, 000.

That's what I get for being a "valued customer" of FIA card services for so many years, for managing my debt responsibly, and paying on time, etc.

• Ge
      4th of Nov, 2010
    FIA Card Service - Fraudulent service charges
    FIA Card Service

I have a Schwab credit card in good standing recently assumed by FIA Card Services. FIA noticed fraudulent activity and changed my number. On that call, FIA told me they would waive a $15 fee associated with sending a new card. I told them I noticed $11.50 in fees on the August statement (a $1.50 minimum finance charge and a $10 cash advance fee) that made no sense. FIA replied they would waive those fees. I noticed those charges remained over the coming weeks and called 2 other times to ask why. I was assured they would be removed. After my next statement, I called 3 times and was either told the charges had been removed or would be removed. I told them to check the balance to see they were wrong, and I was transferred to different departments before someone inevitably hung up on me. Finally, I spoke to Matt who spent 2 hours working on the matter. The balance from the old number was transferred to the new number on 9/10 before the credits were applied, and then the credits were applied to the old, closed account some day after 9/10 (and didn't make it over to my active account). I also learned the $11.50 charge was FIA mistakenly processing a museum ticket as a gambling advance, which carries fees. Matt transferred me to a supervisor (Gloria), who was to credit me. She then hung up on me, and I could not reach her. I called back and was assisted by Patricia Black in the credit dept. After another few hours over 3 calls, I have gotten nowhere; I think she agrees I am owed credit, but she can't seem to apply it. I have now spent about 10 hours on this silliness, and it's incredibly frustrating that everyone agrees I am owed the credits, and you can easily add up my statement to see I never received them. Every time I call, I am calm and polite, yet my call gets dropped 50% of the time because the reps can't solve my problem easily, and I assume they think it's easier to hang up than help. After 10 hours of wasted time with this dishonest card servicer, I expect the credit I am due. If anyone at FIA reads this and cares about your reputation, please contact me.

9th of Feb, 2011
    FIA Card Service - Login Problem
    FIA Card Service

what is the the problem with FIA? you try logining into your account and they say you cant and you tried too many times and your account has been blocked and you have to call. Theres no reason why my account should be or shouldve been blocked after trying ONE time. Just let me login into my account and pay my *** bill. Plus they tell me I can use my card as many times online. But when I try to use it online for purchases. I cant use it like just once. So how many times can I litterally?

• Va
    FIA Card Service - Charging too much and not honest
    FIA Card Service

borrowed money from another company to pay them off what I owe .I called them to ask what is my pay off. They want what I borrowed plus interest for each day until they receive it and decide to credit me. Interest is 27.98%. They raise it when they want without asking. I'm not getting anywhere, been paying them for years, done without to make payments so not to ruin my credit. On fixed income. Don’t know how they get by with it. Don’t ever get credit with any FIA. Expensive lesson for me or anyone.

• Wh
      8th of Jun, 2016

i work for fia card services it sucks fml im on the computer all day!!!

• Fi
      8th of Jun, 2016

After activating a new card they mailed me, their system still didn't recognize that I been using the new replacement card. So after having my 4th transaction (on 7/14/2010) declined within a month, 4th call with Authorization later, Stacy told me my new card still needed activation. But when Stacy tried to activate it, it showed up as already activated.

The best excuse they came up on my 3rd call was that my account was flagged with possible fraudulent transactions. But I confirmed all the transactions were mine. Even though it's been flagged, I never got a call from them to verify the questionable transactions, I called them every time to ask them what happened and to have blocks lifted.

On my 4th call, I flatly told Stacy I don't trust FIA can fix it this time and asked her to issue me a new card. She did not even offer to overnight the new card!

How many times does it take FIA to get things right? It is incompetent, it cannot even get its system right, and it cannot treat its customer right!

• Fr
    FIA Card Service - Warning
    FIA Card Service

I had a bad patch last year with a series of events that make me have difficulty paying my bills, and at one point I could not afford to eat and still paid FIA their blood money. At one time the payment (in just fees for three months) was over $700! During this time I received a late payment warning from FIA that a Penalty APR of 28.75% would be charged. My original APR was 11. 75% and my APR changed to 28.75% (starting July 2009). When I was behind in payments they called me every hour on the hour even on Sunday. I have made a point to keep my payments undated and always on time since last year. They cut my credit to less than half, and when I paid in full after years of no problems they have closed my account. A very nasty company!

• Ta
    FIA Card Service - Warning
    FIA Card Service

This was an awesome card while Schwab owned it. But it was recently sold to FIA card services. I didn't notice anything major until last week.

I received a Fedex package and was expecting a few packages so I opened it up. It was a prescription medication with my name on it but I have never heard of the medication, never taken it, and above all, NEVER EVER would use my visa card to order a prescription medication on the internet from some foreign pharmacy. Or any pharmacy, period!

I would go to the doctor if I was sick and take my presciption to Walgreens.

Anyway, I have spend at least 3 solid hours on the phone trying to reach someone at this pharmacy company and to get an address to ship this back so they will take it off my visa.

Getting a person who actually knows what I'm supposed to do to correct this has proved fruitless. Why am I spending time I don't have to get money back that I never spent?

I called FIA dispute department twice and explained I cannot get the address from the company and I'm not going to spend money on shipping because they can't reimburse me. Besides, my credit card number was used by someone other than me. I shouldn't be trying to resolve ***. Someone stole my credit card number!

But FIA still will not help me. I'm told I need to keep trying to get an address from the merchant and pay the shipping.

Are they serious? Someone has my credit card number and it was used by someone else besides me. I only have one Visa card and no one else uses it so looks like SOMEONE STOLE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND

FIA CARD SERVICES REFUSES TO HELP ME RESOLVE THIS!

Stay away from this card and this company as you too could end up spending much more than the fraudulent charge trying to resolve it.