FGB Credit Card / insurance premium

United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I received a call from fgb asking me to provide my nomination details, and took my credit card details, to add my nomination benefits. But I was not informed that it is about insurance policy.
Upon receiving a mail from fgb insurance, I realized it is about the policy and replied on the same day to the mail that I am not looking for any insurance policy and not given permission to charge on my credit card, but still they charged on my card in the next bill.
I called the respective customer care many times and they told the policy will be cancelled. Though I sent many mail, i've not received any replies, I believed the policy is cancelled and i'll be getting the money back.
But on the next bill also they have charged me for the same insurance policy and still now I have got no replies from fgb.
Whenever I call the customer care, they always says someone will get back to me, but no one showed up.

Re
Sep 12, 2015

Comments

• Na
      Mar 22, 2016

pls make justice with the customers or cancel the card dont cheat like this i also facing same problem they activated not one two insurence policies around 700 dhs who will bare this not fare i hope avoid such fraud call and insurences

• Lo
      Jun 28, 2016

I received a call from FGB asking me to provide my nomination details, and took my credit card details, to add my nomination benefits. But I was not informed that it is about insurance policy. and it will cost. Up on receiving the statement from Bank I noticed there is a amount of 350.00 and to be pay 12 installment. I contact Customer care department they are saying they cannot do any thing . and not giving any information like person who contact which date they called what i agreed . this is actually trapping the person Please care Any call from FGB

Jul 24, 2016

I have just received the same thing. Gosh, I wish i read about this before. I received a call on Thursday from someone who said he did not call to sell anything but because I have been a good customer, the bank is reducing my fee. Then he asked me to confirm the email address that the bank sent me the statement and also the name of my nomination detail. At no point at all he say anything about the insurance. On Sunday I received an email from the bank with detail of my insurance. I called the bank immediately and same thing, someone will call me back and they never did. I am still waiting. This is a scam. This bank is a thief.