Festiva Resortsfalse promises, no free gifts

My husband and I attended this presentation in February 2010 which lasted every bit of 3 hours. As a last ditch effort we were offered the Explorer package which we signed up for where we were to pay $45 twice a month and after paying them $90 for a year we're suppose to get a 7 day getaway to one of their resorts. We were to receive free gifts just for attending the presentation, one of which was a Carnival Cruise along with a free weekend car rental. We were handed several papers that we had to mail within 21 days in order to get the free gifts, which we mailed certified. Red Flag...They started drafting our account in May and we haven't received anything from them yet. We have called numerous times and many times we've been told that they have absolutely no information on us at all. Finally I called the cell phone number of the very salesperson with whom we signed. She stated that she was out to dinner with her family and that she would be working the late shift the next day and would be happy to return my call at that time. That time never came. I called her a week later and after about 4 days of calling at least once a day she finally returned the call. She gave the excuse that Festiva isn't the company that makes the offers of gifts that's an outside company. Well it wasn't an outside company when we were sitting in that presentation listening to the lies and promises of the best resort company ever. Finally, I was told to write a hardship letter to Owner Services in Asheville, NC. A hardship letter? Because your company failed to deliver what you promised. If you hear FESTIVA Resort - RUN!

El

Comments

• Fe
      Sep 22, 2010

I am sorry to see you have been having issues with your gifts. Early in 2010 we did have some issues with an outside marketing company who did not honor some of their certificates. Anyone effected by this gifting issue we have been able to work with to find a resolution. If you email us directly at [protected]@festiva.travel with your name and contact information I can have a manager review your account.

• Va
      Nov 23, 2010

YOU ARE A TYPICAL MOOCHER!!! YOU WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING!!! YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T LISTEN WHEN YOU WERE THERE. THE EXPLORE PACKAGE IS A TOTAL OF $900 DOLLARS AND ONCE THAT IS PAID THEN YOU CAN GO TO THE RESORT OF YOUR CHOICE. BUT ONLY PAYING $90 YOU ARE NOT GOING!! YOU CAN GO STAY A MOTEL 6 OR SUPER 8 FOR A DAY OR SO FOR THAT MONEY BUT THAT IS ABOUT ALL. I HAVE BEEN AN OWNER FOR OVER 5 YEARS AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER. IT IS NOT A SCAM OR FRAUD, YOU ARE JUST A SIMPLE MINDED MOOCHER WHO WANTS ANYTHING FOR NOTHING. GET A JOB WORTHY OF YOUR DESIRES AND THEN MAYBE YOU WILL ENJOY LIFE A LITTLE MORE.

• In
      Sep 10, 2012

of course they know what they are doing stealing your money