Festiva Resort Adventure Club / Never Able to use

Charleston, SC, United States Review updated:
4.6
We have filed a formal complaint with the South Carolina's Attorney General's office against Festiva Resorts Adventure Club. We have paid for all of our 50, 000 points and maintenance fees to date, but are always told nothing is available. We have even tried booking a year in advance with Interval International the exchange Co, this also to no avail .
We feel this whole thing is a fraud and misrepresentation on the part of both companies.

Comments

28th of Jan, 2010
Mr. Foley;

I'm sorry that you haven't yet had success getting a reservation. I would be happy to have someone from our Owner Services department contact you to help plan your vacation. Please e-mail us directly at comments@festiva.travel and we will do everything that we can to resolve your issues.
Ja
  1st of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
All who buy into festiva adventure club are being duped.what ever state you bought into the festiva adventure club program and feel you were lied to about how it is suppose to work.call or write your attorney generals office.you also might want to check with local and federal authorities since this company is an interstate business with sales offices in several different states and their corp headquarters in asheville n.c.Icertainly wouldnt give them any more of your hard earned money.Dont fall into their trap you have to buy more points.Carnies at a Carnival have a better reputation than this company.
  12th of Jul, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I Have not been able to use any of my weeks/points (Nothing is ever available) and everything is up to date as far as all monies due these people...I just had to pay out of pocket for an upcoming cruise they supposedly can get you on...No discount given either through the Adventure Club...Stuck and Foolish for falling...
  12th of Jul, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have just filed a complaint as well, as after $2, 700.00 already paid this year, and still paying... I stil have to pay for a cruise out of pocket, after they told me they have 5 rooms available on...all my dues are paid, and I have weeks, but they point you to a brick wall!
Tw
  13th of Jul, 2010
Guess what? I just talked to a rep from Festiva and asked her how many units were in each resort. She said she had NO IDEA and THEN she said NO ONE IN THE COMPANY HAS ANY IDEA! Can you believe that? File with the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General of that state and they will direct you to where else to file.
Mi
  29th of Sep, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am agreement with you all; we are from North Carolina, we never could get anything either. The one time we were able to get a room. My husband mother and father stay in one of the resorts. Man, it was awful. It was called pepper tree by the sea. I was so embarrassed; I felt so bad it just plan out raggedy. Then we are always getting some kind of statement in the mail to pay this and that. Assessment fee, maintenance fee, platinum reward, interval international. I think it one big scam. Like I told the rep, we haven’t benefited from this at all. Then I am scared if we stop making payments it’s going to mess up our credit. Then my husband went on a time share with them again, they didn't know we were members, and they were really putting on thick. I just shook my head at all the lies. I hate I feel for this.

I will be filing with the Attorney General.

Mrs. Kidd.
  8th of Dec, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I would like to just get rid of what I have. I've only been a member of Festiva for 6 months and sick of the extra fees and no benefits. If someone can tell me who to call to get rid of this thing, please let me know - rgownbey@aol.com Thanks!
  9th of Dec, 2010
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I filed with the NC Attorney Generals office and they did nothing...they told me it was a legitimate contract...then I received a call from a Festiva Representative and she blatantly told me I would have to keep paying and could not get out of my contract...still have not been on a vacation, and just received a notice of additional extra fees for the year for $291.96 "Special Assessment fees"...where did this come out of? Are they having trouble buying Christmas presents for their families??? This is above the maintenance fees... Isn't that a great Christmas Present!
  21st of Jan, 2011
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
PLEASE people - do NOT buy Festiva Adventure Membership!!
Sh
  11th of Feb, 2011
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Hi, I just saw a link for Festiva Adventures on Food Network. They offer 3 days / 2 nights in at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside with a Natchez Steamboat Day Cruise For Two, 2 Tickets to Aquarium of the Americas and a $50 Dining Certificate good at any of New Orleans' world famous restaurants for $149 OR 4 days / 3 nights for $199. In lieu of attraction tickets or dining, they will provide a free 4 day Carnival Cruise certificate for two. I DO NOT want to buy into a timeshare- I just want the package mentioned here. When you went to the timeshare presentation, did you actually get the hotel stay, tickets and/or cruise for the price quoted? I know C. Mosses mentioned above that they had to pay for the cruise. Did they give you the "free certificate" and you still had to pay?
Thanks for your help,
Sharon
Ke
  6th of Mar, 2011
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
people are scammers, went to a 90 mins presentation today... what a joke. The sales Rep Jr. acutally got pissed because I told him I thought it was a scam. Wanted my lawyer to take a look over everything. He tried to make me feel stupid for even thinking of consulting a lawyer. In the end I told him I didn't know of his company, and his attitude went from pissed, to full blown rage. We got our "free" gift... a crappy POS netbook with 128 mb of ram... win 95 interface. What a joke. Don't fall for these scammers. I orginally planned to tape it the entire meeting with a tape recorded, but left it at home.

Kevin
St
  23rd of Mar, 2011
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Festiva is indeed a scam artist company. My husband and I were tricked into upgrading our membership with promises of great new benefits to ownership by this snakeoil salesman. Funny thing is that we went into the this meeting very unhappy with what we had experiences and they preyed on this to sucker us in. Since then we have traded over 3000 points to stay in hotels that were pure dumps by any standard. I am going to be contacting the North Carolina Attorney General's office and the South Carolina Attorney General and the BBB of both states and any federal agency I can get to listen to me. Please take a look at the law suit from the Missouri Atty General and what the issues were. They won and I think if enough of us complain about these exact same fraudulent issues we can win as well. We have to all band together and get this done. http://www.rentvri.com/festiva-timeshare-resorts-fined-by-missouri-attorney-general/
  23rd of Mar, 2011
Mrs. Ford,
We have received your complaint and are researching your account and will be in contact very shortly. We are sorry you have had issues with the third party hotels which you visited and are waiting on a reply from Wyndham. We will be in contact with you very shortly and thank you for your patience.
Am
  14th of Apr, 2011
I totally agree with all the complaints. We have paid and are unable to find any where to stay because nothing is available. But interval international will allow me to pay 159 to be on a cancellation list or I can purchase a week. Why the heck would I want to fork out more money. And how do they have something for me to purchase but yet no where for me to trade my weeks. I feel completely ripped off and stupid for ever allowing festiva into my family's life. Lesson learned but yes I do want out!!! If anyone knows how let me know. This is a complete waste of money might as well have flushed all that money down the toilet. Let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to get out of this mess. Thank you rnheart19@hotmail.com
Ad
  19th of Apr, 2011
How much money did you flush down the toilet?
Em
  16th of May, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Today we attended the 90- min presention here in New Orleans...Bill was a great salemans, we really wanted to buy in...but my gut said if it looks too good...so i fired up the smart phone and found your complaints here...so Mr. Smart the manager came over to ease my concerns...he had me...told me that the extra fee of 200 yall got in december was a one time thing...and that there was no additional booking fees if i didnt book all my points at once...and I belived all that crap...until it came time to buy...that is when i knew it was a fraud...by now or never ...i choose never...thank goodness i didnt wast my hard earned money...and my free cruise we just called about is so far from free...Very disappointed will be contacting AG office in the morning...they hide behind a a+ BBB rating...those are bought...this company is very fishing looking to me.
  20th of May, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Let me know if you find a way out or if you wish to file a class action lawsuit. rgownbey@aol.com
Ma
  28th of May, 2011
THIS IS A BIG SCAM!!!
Te
  13th of Jun, 2011
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Wow! You guys really hit home with your horror stories. My wife and I also fell prey to all the lies. It has been one bill after another. Where does it end? I was promised a cruise by Mr Smart to seal the deal on our purchase. Ha Ha! Jokes on me again. Not only have I not gotten it, but with every call there's another lie. Now it's " we'll call you when it's ready.! I feel like the biggest dope of all because this was suppose to be a way for my wife to relax while she struggles with Cancer. Joining the adventure club was the biggest mistake of my life. I don't plan on continuing this fools role. I'll do what I have to get my money back!
  14th of Jun, 2011
Mr. Peterson,
We are looking into the status of your cruise certificate to ensure that you do receive this. We will be in contact with you soon as we hope to expedite this process.