FerrellGas / prices & service

Kingman, AZ, United States Review updated:

I usually don't complain about companies, so I might not be very good at it. Here goes!

Friday I called Ferrellgas and spoke with Carolyn. There's the first complaint - she was AWESOME. She answered ALL my questions in a friendly manner. (I HATE THAT)

Then, when she got to the price, she really upset me, she saved me about $200. Doesn't she realize that times are tough and their business needs to make money too.

Next, when I went into the office about 6 hours later, there were two very busy ladies behind the counter. One of them immediately said she would be with me in a moment. (I really just wanted to be ignored fo an hour, but THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! I simply said that I had called earlier and one of the ladies, Carolyn piped up and said, "Mr Dan Parker, I have your Information right here". Great customer service really upsets me.

Well, then I looked over all the paperwork, and everything was exactly as promised. As you can guess, I was STEAMING!

We set up and appointment for the next AVAILABLE day, Monday! Why can't they make me wait 3 weeks like everyone else.

The delivery driver, Shawn arrived on time. I was so looking forward to waiting around the house all day, because like everyone else, I have nothing better to do.

Unfortunately, Shawn was as pleasant as Carolyn. He even opened the gate when he got here, and closed it when he left. Sitting out there for 20 minutes honking the horn would have been much more appropriate.

They also didn't force me to pay up front, but gave me an option to pay over the phone, or in person, AFTER having the tank and propane delivered. Too many Options!

I wound up going in to pay, what a mistake. More great customer service. I mentioned my business, (Pre-Paid Legal Associate) and Carolyn started immediately naming contacts for me to build my business. She had the audacity to ask Service Manager, Dave to call his wife for additional contacts. (Which he did). Don't these people realize I don't have time to call all kinds of people who want to help me. Maybe I want to fail in buisness and let my family live on the street. I have rights too.

Unfortunately, I am now under contract with Ferrellgas, so It looks like I will have to put up with this kind of customer service for a long time to come.

Dan Parker

Comments

• Rj
      12th of Mar, 2010

Been working for them long?

• Kn
      27th of Apr, 2010

Well, Mr Dan Parker, I'm sure glad ONE person in this country got good customer service from them. I too, was offered various ways to pay my bill with them, one being pay up fromt (when they didn't know how much the bill was going to be) or pay when the fuel was delivered. Well, of course, I opted for the payment on delivery. I was quoted a price/gallon over the phone. When delivery of the fuel came, they filled our tank, and the driver gave me a total. I wrote a check, unfortunately not paying attention to the receipt right away. After the delivery man left, I realised the price/gallon was well over what I was quoted. Not to mention, there were 3 additional charges on the bill I wasn't told about. I immediately called Ferrellgas, and was told there was nothing they could do, there was no way I had been quoted a price/gallon over the phone, and I would have to live with the cost of the bill as it was. I didn't do any such thing. I stopped payment on my check and called them again, telling them they needed to adjust the bill according to what I had been quoted on price. They, of course, refused (as all "good customer service reps do). Since then I have made them a payment according to the price quoted. They are now telling us if we don't pay up the remaining balance they say we owe, they are going to shut off our service. Well, go ahead and do so, is what I say. I've made numerous phone calls checking other companies in the area and not one of them has any of those so called additional charges Ferrellgas charges. Every one of the other companies also have a much lower rate per gallon, averaging more than 50 cents/gallon less. Everyone I talked to with the other companies was polite, answered questions without hesitation, and treated me with the utmost respect. Another point on this whole thing is something I doubt a lot of people know. At this time there are more than 2 state attorney generals investigating Ferrellgas for unfair business practices. One state has already filed a class action lawsuit against them. With literally thousands of complaints in the one state, it seems to me that Ferrellgas is using unfair business practices, and that state has good reason to sue them. I just hope Ferrellgas is found guilty of these practices and made to pay for them! It serves them right. They don't care about their customers, all they care about is the bottom line, which in my opinon is the god almighty dollar!!

• Tr
      14th of Mar, 2011

AFTER READING THIS, I EXPECT THAT YOU OR SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY (OR YOUR FRIENDS) WORK FOR THE COMPANY - AS THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT - IT IS AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE COMPANY.

• Fr
      14th of Mar, 2011

I would echo what the second poster has said. I have dealt with a number of companies and by far, (exceedingly by far) Ferrell Gas is THE worst customer service oriented company I have ever dealt with. Their people are very nice, but have zero authority and will not provide you with any phone numbers for a manager. Not their fault I am sure, just an anti-customer policy from their corporate office.
    I have to believe Dan Parker is talking about another company, or he is a new customer of Ferrell Gas. I on the other hand have been with them way too long and its officially over. Today is Monday and our 1000 gallon propane tank is on zero and has been as of Saturday morning (our fault, not theirs). We called the local office who was very pleasant, but unable to help unless we arranged a payment schedule to have the tank filled as the cost was well over $3000. They provided us with a number and repeated calls simply go unanswered. I called them back to let them know that no one has returned our messages, she said very nicely that she was sorry, but nothing she could do. I asked if she could at least ensure that we were scheduled for a delivery today so that if their office called us back too late we would still get propane. She said she could not do that and would not guarantee that we could get delivery today. It is now afternoon and still NO ONE has called us back. I called again asking to speak with a manager and was told they have no phone numbers for managers. I told her that I was sorry to hear that, but that she could then give me the number she calls for her Human Resource department that she must have to call for her personal issues. She said she didnt have that number. This is not the first time I have had conflicts with them. I am officially DONE with Ferrell Gas, they dont have a signed contract with me as they bought out a local supplier years ago and I had a handshake with that gentleman, no contract. So since the tank is on my property, I am going to have someone else come and fill it this time and will plan to have an oil burner installed next month. Even with the cost of oil today at almost $4.00 per gallon, it puts out 37% more BTU's than propane, but is only 25% more expensive. AND, I dont have to use only one supplier and I dont have to deal with feral gas any longer except when I need propane for cooking. I should have done this years ago. In my internet search for corp phone numbers, I also found out that they own Blue Rhino for gas grills and will make sure I never use that product either.
    Treat customers with no respect and you can expect the same in return.

• Mi
      15th of Nov, 2011

Well Dan, sounds like you got the better deal than everyone else. We contacted Ferrell Gas to become a customer which that went fine and we got the tank three days later but we will don't have propane in it. It has been a week now and every day we call to check on when will the tank be hooked up and when will it be filled, but the reply was TOMORROW... Well tomorrow comes and the same thing TOMORROW. I really don't know, we are starting off in a bad situation... Dan, sorry but I agree with Truthforjustic because saying and doing is two different thing and only someone from Ferrell Gas would say wonderful things about their own company or family of Ferrell Gas would say the same thing..