fedmod.com / FLM law center / loan modification charges and service

1 CO, United States Review updated:

Does anyone out there have a complaint against the loan modification company based in Los Angeles known as fedmod.com or FLM Law Center or Federal Loan Modification company? I am considering doing business with them and have not found much info on the net. Thanks in advance.

Ke

Comments

La
  24th of Dec, 2008

Foreclosure Rescue Scams:
Another Potential Stress for Homeowners in Distress

info from the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION WEBSITE for consumers

Lo
  27th of Dec, 2008

If you paid anyone for loan modification services, you may be entitled to up to 3 times your money back plus additional damages. The law is on your side, and there are excellent attorneys who are available to help at no cost to you, visit loanfraudlegalhelp.com

Cb
  29th of Dec, 2008

Please check /link removed/ regarding FEDMOD.com before you spend your money! I was about to use their services too because it sounds too good to be true. I did call and was told a charge of $29.95 on a 1st TD under $150, 000 would be the cost to help for my daughter save her home. Then I ask how can they afford to charge so little and was told because of the volume of work they were getting ( what this mean not sure but this was what I was told). I saw them on TV and I'm just sick to my stomach because now many of these fraudulent loan people are now in the Loan Modification business and continuing to rip people off! Is there any legitimate loan modification help out there???? Please help!!!

Bi
  29th of Dec, 2008

I applied for FLM on 10/17/08, they charged me $2, 950 . The man who was in contact with me over email is gone, now I can't reach anybody over the phone . Nobody ever contacted me . Ansvering service just transfer my call to another person who promises to call back and of course never does. I just want my money back and to forget this stupidity.

Rh
  30th of Dec, 2008

I just recieved a call from FLM and spoke with a gentlemen by the name of Joshua Hawkins. Being that there are so many scams out there my son's guard went up. Joshua seemed nice enough but my son had questions and he referred us to a David Morris to assist us further he only wanted to "update our records and see if he could help us. He couldnt give a straight answer as to where he got our information or wasnt able to provide us with a faxed letterhead to prove the company was legit. I have seen commericals advertising this company so I was convinced and ready to get help but my son wasnt. Then I check this site that Joshua gave us and this is what I find, that this may be another scam. Thank God for my sons guard and this blog. I'm going to check out [redacted], thanks everyone for your comments on this site and I hope we get some help and Biljana Rodich I pray that you get your money back.

Ac
  31st of Dec, 2008

I never post on these sites. too many people looking out for their own good. i am a consumer and I dont have ties to any company that gain anything. I found my dealings with FLM very convenincing (sorry for spelling). THANK goodness I found this blog and checked them out. Then I looked at this link postest on this site http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre42.shtm called their FREE hotline. They helped me and NEVER asked for any money or credit card info. Infact after we spoke we call together my loan provider and got things moving they same day. He never asked for anything and offered to help in the future if needed. When I called my rep at FLM he was very pissed and wanted to know who I contacted and then just hung up on me. I dont know if they are a fraud or not but I can say their are people out there to help you for free. Becareful with who you deal with.

Ca
  1st of Jan, 2009

I also called about the fee for receiving a loan restructuring as we are considered a hardship case and I was told $2995.00...which is a fair price for what I would receive. So the person saying they were told $29.95 was mistaken...it's that, alright but just another of decimals points added.
STILL a fair price. They seem honest, fair and helpful to me.

Ro
  11th of Jan, 2009

I have had my loan modified with this company and they saved my house. alot of the comments above arent stating any facts just ppl that have the wrong information or dont know what they are talking about. I worked with a Robert Flanagan and he saved me $554.00 amonth on my payment and i had 5 months wipped out of late payments. i was facing foreclosure and now i can afford my payments. This is a great company. with 100% refund garuentee how could you not try it? its says it in the contract. please stop bashing the company when you havent tryed them.

Fe
  13th of Jan, 2009

Are you all referring to FLM LAW CENTER, LLP 7555 IRVINE CENTER, ST 100 IRVINE CALIFORNIA 92618 1-877-FEDMOD-1 Yeah i just called them today and they sound good but is this a scam? i havent sent them anypaperwork I hope they are legit??? My husband saw the commerical

15th of Jan, 2009

Okay first off FLM Law Center is 100% a scam and they are not even a Law Firm Nor are they even licensed with the California DRE. to do any business. WHICH MAKES THEM ALREADY A REDFLAG!!!THIS IS WHY THEY TARGET OUTTA STATE. THE COMMERICIAL SPOTS RUN ABOUT 5K A MONTH OR LESS ON YOUR LOCAL CABLE STATIONS TO BE AIRED AT THE VARIOUS NONPRIME TIME ON CNBC, OR ESPN ETC.. ITS EVEN CHEAPER IN MIDDLE AMERICA..
BUT THIS IS WHO THEY ARE...
they are the following a California Corp started in August of 08 by this group
YAMI.LLC
BAROUKH DAIZADEH CORPORATE OWNER
7083 HOLLYWOOD BLVD STE 180
number 200822010120
AND THE TWO OFFICES ONE IN IRVINE CA, AND A SUB OFFICE IN LAKEFORESTCA
THIS IS TO TRICK THE FBI FROM RAIDING THEM!!!
and were just registered in Nov 2008 with the FLM FEDERAL LOAN MODS as off this date in ORAnge County CAlifornia.
ONE WORD!!! ALSO DOES NOT SOUND TOO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT NOW DOES IT!!!
THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GOVERNMENT
JUST A SLICK ### COMMERICIAL!!!
YOU WILL GET SCAMMED AND TAKEN FOR YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!
THERE FEES ARE 3500.00 AS WELL.
AND THEY SAY THE MOST CRAZIEST THINGS ON WHAT THEY CAN GET DONE!!!
IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF A LEGIT COMPANY PLEASE LET ME KNOW
WE CAN HELP WITH A GUARANTEE IN WRITING
LETS ALL STOP THESE CRIMINALS FROM GOING ON AND TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF HONEST HARDWORKING AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!
WE HAVE PROOF AND LOANMODIFICATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN DONE IN MANY STATES AND IF YOUR MODIFICATION CANNOT BE DONE WE TELL YOU RIGHT FROM THE START!!!
AND WE ARE REGISTERED WITH THE DRE AND HAVE REAL LEGAL REPS FOR THE PROPER SITUATIONS!!!
DONT BE TAKEN FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
P.S. THE COST IS A THIRD OR EVEN LOWER THAN THESE CLOWNS!!!
GODBLESS YOU ALL. STAY IN TOUCH AND BEWARE!!!TONS OF COMPANIES LIKE THIS POPPING OUT ALL OVER!!

Jw
  18th of Jan, 2009

What is wrong with some of these people? Are people really this stupid? The FLM Law Center is saving thousands of homes for people every month! And this guy right here is calling them criminals? I just dont get it people. When you're dealing with a company that's dealing with thousands of people everyday their are going to be mix ups and screw ups- everyone is human. But then coming and blasting them on a site like this? The company has a 100% refund policy- it's a win-win situation! Either they take care of your past do amounts and renegotiate the terms of your loan so you can stay in your house OR you get your money back! What else need to be said?

Ca
  21st of Jan, 2009

The people on here complaining about this company are correct. Its not just on this site. I have found literally thousands of complaints from all over the US. everyone's compaints are the same. This company is not legitimate, and they are a scam! I had a woman at work who told me about this comapny when I just did my streamline refinance for 5% interest. (A real bank, and a real interest rate, with no "fees") she said a friend of hers got a loan for 2.99% interest. I asked her for the numebr and decided ot check it out. Other than the one person on here who claims to have been helped I have found nothing but thousands of poeple who had thousands of dollars stolen from them, and I'm sure if you are behind on your mortgage you can't afford for $3k to just disappear on you. I also gave the information to my mortgage broker to see what he could tell me. I have become good friends with my broker over the last several years and I knew he would help me stear my friend in the right direction. He has never let me down and has always had our best interest at heart. He has proven it time and time again. He also found nothing but scams and bad information on them. I was not doing anything with my loan so his opinion and research is completely unbiased. It is so easy in the economy we are in for people to easily fall prey to companies such as this. Be very careful, do your homework, and if it sounds too good to be true. Most likely it is. Yes they may have lowered A MORTGAGE or 2, but what about the thousands where they just stole your money? Its not a FEW human errors that occured here, its thousands of people intentionallylripped off with the hopes of being able to hold onto their homes. This company is preying on the desperate. If you're having trouble with your payment most lenders are willingn to work with you, they lose money if you lose your house. Try legitimate ways to get help, and don't give these frauds another red cent!

Ta
  27th of Jan, 2009

It is true - FLM Law Center truly is not a trustworthy company. The BBB rating has FLM Law Center (also known as FedMod or Federal Loan Modifcation Law Center) at an 'F' RATING FOR ALL 5 OF THEIR LOCATIONS. Seriously, go to the link at the Better Business Bureau's website and see for yourself: http://www.la.bbb.org/BusinessFind.aspx?Source=1
Or just go to the CA website at www.la.bbb.org and then type in FLM Law Center - you will see it for yourself, and F rating for all of their locations... and the complaints on the BBB site are very recent, as early as 2-3 weeks ago... Some of the posts from their Clients state that they never heard back from FLM Law Center after they paid the company their $2500-$3500, and some of the homeowners stated they ended losing their homes to foreclosure because FLM did not perform. It is absolutely horrific to see this company's complete lack of ethic and morals, preying on people in this way. Hopefully they will be put out of business and shut down soon.

Lo
  28th of Jan, 2009

Have you been the target of fraudulent loan modification services? If you paid anyone other than an attorney to modify your loan or prevent foreclosure, odds are they broke the law and you are entitled to your money back plus attorney fees and damages. A new hot line and site has been setup to assist homeowners who have been victims of this growing trend, attorneys are available to help at no cost to the victim -- the number is toll-free 800-991-6504 or visit the website and learn more about your rights: http://www.loanfraudrecovery.org/

Jo
  1st of Feb, 2009

you guys are stupid they helped me. you guys sound like angry children fighting over where you want people to get help, the bbb is privately owned scam them selfs and has there own board of direcotors and they extort money from companies to claim ligetimacy. lets all wake up here people with 100% money back gaurantee you can not afford to not do this. only a lawyer or ambulance chaser who has no clients would bash a company helping people.

Eh
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

In reference to John's comment, are you saying that the 15+ comments and reviews about FLM Law Center on the BBB mean nothing??? How about the people that LOST THEIR HOMES TO FORECLOSURE because FLM Law Center didn't perform? How about the people that never receive return calls from FLM Law Center? Or the people that have been misinformed and lied to about what they would receive through FLM Law Center? It's funny how you just happen to skip over these MOST IMPORTANT issues in your comment. Who cares about a 100% money back guarantee if FLM doesn't perform and do what they say they're going to do?? If you haven't noticed or done your research, there are PLENTY of other law firms and companies helping homeowners receive loan modifications right now that ARE legitimate, have a MUCH higher BBB rating, have good reviews AND also have 100% money back guarantee. FLM Law Center has multiple complaints and many extremely unhappy customers. Shame on you... how can you sit there and bash the BBB saying that they are not a legitimate company. The last time I checked the BBB has been in business A LOT longer than FLM Law Center. Go figure... the BBB has been in business for almost 100 years -vs- FLM Law Center has only been in business barely 6 months. So which company is more reliable and trustworthy? THAT'S a no brainer! FLM Law Center has multiple complaints, negative reviews and has an F rating with the BBB. WHY would a homeowner trust this company to do business when there are plenty of other loan modification companies out there that are truly legitimate and reputable. I've been helping my aunt & uncle research a number of companies this past week and we have already found a handful of loan modification companies that offer 100% money back guarantees, provide for much better reviews and have better BBB ratings than FLM Law Center. My suggestion to anyone who needs help with a loan modification is to start off by going directly to the BBB website and do a search for "loan modification" companies. This will help you right from the start to 'nip in the bud' having to deal with any unfavorable companies by seeing their reviews, comments and ratings upfront.

Da
  3rd of Feb, 2009

good idea. thanks for the infromation

Cr
  3rd of Feb, 2009

You people forgot about the mortgage brokers and banks that srewed you to begin with. I'm sure most of you complaining out there ares till doing business with the banks that screwed you with predatory lending. FLM is a legit company. Some people want instant results. Generally a lon mod takes 30-120 days to complete, It is up to the lender to facilitate the process. They get 1000's of files a day from all over the country. Get real people!! This is not a drive thru operation.

6th of Feb, 2009

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!! DO NOT FALL FOR THESE GUYS AND GIRLS WHO PUT UP NICE THINGS ABOUT FTM!!!
THEY ARE SIMPLY WORKERS FOR THE COMPANY!!
AND THEY ARE THE EX- LOAN OFFICERS WHO SOLD YOU ON OPTION ARMS AND SUBPRIME ADJUSTABLE LOANS!!!
THEY ARE BACK TO THERE OLD SNAKE CHARMER WAYS!!
NOT A CLUE ON HOW A LOAN MODIFICATION EVEN WORKS OR HOW TO EVEN QUALIFY A PERSON ON HOW TO OBTAIN A PROPER LOAN MODIFICATION!!!
THIS COMPANY IS A COMPLETE FRAUD AND BOILER ROOM WITH NOTHING TO DO WITH LAWYERS PERIOD, , !!!
LOOK UP THE COMPANY ON THE ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA FICTIOUS NAMES AND YOU WILL SEE THEY STARTED IN NOV 2008 AS I POSTED BEFORE..
ALSO THEY JUST CLOSED DOWN ANOTHER LOCATION, , ON MONDAY..THEY CHARGE 3500.00 FOR WHAT ?????????
TO LIE AND TAKE YOUR MONEY!!!
THEY CANT PROVIDE RESULTS OR CLIENTS WHO HAVE HAD ANYTHING DONE!! I EVEN HAVE A RECORDED CONVERSATION OF ONE OFF THERE SO CALLED MANAGERS!!! WITH A EX CLIENT!!! "WHATS FUNNY IS THAT HE SAID AND I QUOTE WORD FOR WORD WE HAVE 750 EMPLOYEES AND THAT THEY ARE PART OR GUENTHYRIEKER"
NICE!!! THATS A LIE AND WHAT DO YOU WANT EVEN IF THAT WAS TRUE DO YOU WANT THE SAME COMPANY THAT SELLS YOU BOGUS WORKOUT TAPES AND MACHINES THAT DONT WORK, , OR ARE YOU LOOKING TO SAVE YOUR HOME!!! LAST I CHECK A THIGH-MASTER CANT LOWER UR MONTHY MORTGAGE PAYMENT OR HELP YOU FROM FORECLOSURE!!!

OH YES DID MENTION THEY CHARGED THE GUYS CREDITCARD WITHOUT EVEN HIS AUTHORIZATION!!!
NICE COMPANY THANK GOD HIS CREDIT CARD CARRIER GOT HIS MONEY BACK!!!
CAN YOU SAY SCAM SCAM SCAM, , , ONCE A GAIN AND THEY HAVE STOPPED ALL COMMERCIALS IN CALIFORNIA SINCE THEY ARE USING THE NAME FEDERAL AS WELL AS U CANNOT TAKE UPFRONT FEES IN CALIFORNIA UNLESS YOU ARE APPROVED BY THE DRE!!! AND IF THEY ARE USING A ATTORNEY AND SHARING FEES DRE IS CLOSING IN ON THESE CROOKS AS WELL AND WATCH ALL THE LAWYERS GET DE=BARED !!! AND THE SCAM IS SIMPLE WHO IS GOING TO SUE A LAWYER!!! BUT ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD OF LAWYER TAKING HIS TIME TO CALL THE BANK ON YOUR BEHAVE!!!
LAWYERS GREAT IF YOU HAVE A CLEAR CASE OF FRAUD OR A LENDER OR MORTGAGE BROKER /REALITOR WHO HAS TAKEN ADVANTAGE OFF YOU !!!
FYI FBI HAS A SPECIAL TASK FORCE FOR THESE TYPES OF SHOPS, ,
THEY WILL CATCH THE UNETHICAL FLM AND OTHERS
FRAUD LOOSE MONEY FLM!!!

THERE ARE SOME GREAT COMPANIES WHO REALLY DO HELP PEOPLE!!! AND IF YOU NEED SOME HELP LET US KNOW, , WE CAN REFER YOU TO THE REAL COMPANIES WITH REAL RESULTS...

MODIFICATIONS ARE A TIMELY PROCESS AND SOME ARE VERY SIMPLE AND OTHERS ARE RATHER DIFFICULT.
AND IF YOU HAVE THE PATIENCE YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF!!
BUT IF YOU DONT THAN CHOICE A GOOD COMPANY WITH RESULTS!!!
FEEL FREE DROP US A LINE :)

Al
  9th of Feb, 2009

Thanks for the Info - My husband heard the advertisement and gave them a call -- to check into it … And of course I said no commitments with out Googling them first!!! Thanks Everyone for your post!!! It should be against the Law for a fraudulant company to advertise on the Radio and TV.