FedEx Ground / tuition reimbursement not paid out
I am a former employee who worked at Fedex Ground in Keasbey, NJ from 10/2007 to 09/2008. When I started working at this company, I learned about a tuition reimbursement program that very much attracted me to work there, even though this job was quite a distance away from my home in Newark, NJ at that time. I left the company in late September 2008 due to the fact that I moved to PA. I could not transfer to a Fedex Ground in PA because none was located near my home. When I started working at Fedex I received a booklet about the tuition reimbursement program which stated I had up to 6 months after leaving the company to apply for tuition reimbursement. I just finished my fall semester in college this year and contacted human resources to receive the form I needed to fill out in order to apply for tuition reimbursement and now I have been told that the program was changed and since I am not an active employee anymore, that I do not qualify for tuition reimbursement. Meanwhile, I earned all my credits during my 11 months there, my boss knew I would be leaving the company and moving to PA and he knew I was attending college and did not notify me that I had until September 2008 to fill out the form and apply for tuition reimbursement. Basically, Fedex Ground has screwed me out of my benefits that I earned while I worked there and I am sure they are doing the same to other former employees as well.
More FedEx Ground Complaints & Reviews
- Fedex - poor service 
- Fedex Home Delivery - if you are lucky you will get it! 
- Fedex - clearance delay 
- Fedex - bad driver 
- Fedex Home Delivery - awful company 
- FedEx Corporate Services - abusive, arrogant, driver
- FedEx Corporate Services - delivery
- FedEx Corporate Services - customer service
- FedEx Corporate Services - delivery not attempted, fedex claims “customer unavailable” but I was home all day waiting for this $1000.00 medical equipment.
- FedEx Corporate Services - delivery of diapers, baby wipes and pull - ups