Fedex / bad customer service

I thought FedEx is a reputed comp, no any more... I recently shipped a package with 2 delivery with signature requirement (as it was an imp. mail) but unfortunately there was nobody at the recipients address, so I call FedEx to make it without signature. The * tells me that she will do the needful and it’s all taken of. Well, next day to my surprise it shows that the package still needs the signature. So I called again and now she wants a fax letter to be sent. Now how the * do I send a fax, I don’t have one at home. Does not matter to them, they don’t care if u r not able the fax... that’s the reply that I got from the supervisor. It’s unbelievable, they don’t realize that I am paying so much so that it reaches on time, I should have just gone by the USPS, they r much more reliable

Va

Comments

• Kk
      21st of Aug, 2008

hi im from afghanistan i apply for uk visa but uk embassy in islamabad there is many problem i got first in bus who one thieft my pocket visa fees and the other think is that police comes over so plz fedex office transfer to peshawar there police is good thanx.

• Kk
      21st of Aug, 2008

and other thingf is that thier costomer not good treatded in islamabd bye

• Yv
      31st of Jan, 2013

To Whom It May Concern:

I feel it is necessary that I address the challenges we had with a recent freight shipment.

On Monday, January 21, 2013 I called to schedule a pickup. I was on the phone with a FedEx International freight Rep for over 30 minutes, the rep gave me a booking number, not an AWB or any other information and hung up. I called back as we ship each and every day and know we need an AWB. During the second call I was transferred three times and finally told FedEx does not pick up in our zip code. Upon hearing this I asked to be transferred to a supervisor waited 20 minutes. The supervisor told me the same information. At this point I contacted a courier company for pick up the next day.
    To my surprise the next morning I was forwarded an email from the owner of our company that she received from FedEx:
    “FedEx Freight does pickups in Marathon, FL. With pickups in the Keys we send a 3rd party courier to the location in order to pick up the freight for us they bring it back to the terminal in order for us to ship it out”
    Thanks Kyke Lovitt Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:57 AM”

45 minutes later I received an email from another FedEx rep:

“Yvette,
    I spoke with my dispatcher and was told that we do service Marathon, FL however we only service this area on Monday’s since it is an extended area. I am so sorry that you have been given so much incorrect information.
    Beverly
    At this point my opinion of FedEx was lower than before. I decided to email our sales Lily Moreno only to receive the below response:

I will be traveling on business and will be out of town this week from Tuesday, Jan 22nd thru Jan 25th, 2013. I will not have access to email or phone calls. For customer service issues, please call 1 800 GO FEDEX (800 463 3339). For billing issues, please call 800 622 1147. For urgent matters, please email Carlos Manrique: carlos.manrique@fedex.com. Otherwise, I will answer upon my return.
    I emailed Carlos and no response. Aprox. one hour later, Lily Moreno calls me and I explain to her the problems. She stated she would call me back, which she did and gave me a booking number ‘MDL221556” and said FedEx freight would be at my facility by 4:00 pm. I asked if I needed an AWB or anything else for driver and was told the driver would have documents. One hour later FedEx rep Carlos called me and again I explained the shipment challenges to him and he stated I did need AWB and he would email me one to complete, which he did only after the driver arrived and departed.
    Yvette,
    Here is a PDF copy of the BOL for you to enter your shipment information. I was unable to forward it to you from my blackberry earlier. Hope you can use it.
    Carlos O. Manrique
    Account Executive
    Strategic Development
    6100 NW 36th Street Miami, FL 33166

On Thursday 24th I received a call from Peggy McDonald telling my freight was sitting in Miami and they had no paperwork for this shipment. You can only imagine how frustrated we were at this time. I explained to her the week’s problems with FedEx & was told my freight would not move until I supply the AWB. I asked Peggy to email me over what she needed and she stated she needed to have another facility pick up the freight as that facility did not handle the shipment and went on to tell me she would call Lily and have a talk with her. At this point I filled out what Peggy sent to me and emailed back immediately.

I was out of the office Friday so Deborah was taking my calls and the following occurred:
    On Friday the 25th another call came into our office from a gentleman in a warehouse stating he needed paperwork in order for the shipment to be put on the plane. She explained to him that the paperwork was sent with the package and emailed afterwards as well. He stated he needed a Shippers Export Declaration faxed to him. Due to all the previous challenges and constant changes she stated we would only email it so we would have a paper trail. He was asked to email one to her so we would know we were providing exactly what was needed and could track it. We never received anything from him.

Approximately 20 minutes later another call came into us from Nettie Jones requesting a FedEx Export form. Deborah told her a call came in stating we had to provide a Shipper Export Declaration. The FedEx rep told her that was incorrect – that a FedEx Export form had to be completed. She asked Ms Jones to email one – not fax one to us and it would be emailed – not faxed back. A form was emailed to Deborah which was completed and emailed back at 12:26 p.m. with the following message on the email to Nettie Jones:

Hi Nettie,

Here is the form you requested. Confused as to how a FedEx manager created an AWB without one in the first place.

Hope this gets the shipment moving as the confusion with FedEx has been going on since Monday with this shipment.

At 3:45 p.m. Ms. Jones from FedEx called Deborah again and asked for the form to be completed and emailed to her – stating she never received the one that was sent at 12:26 p.m. earlier in the day. Deborah stated it seems very strange that everyone else received it but her as it was also sent to the owner of our company and another employee. She also had an email receipt that Ms Jones had received it. The email was again sent to Ms Jones.

Over the weekend our customer in Dubai phoned Deborah at home and asked what in the world was going on with his shipment. Please note she explained that FedEx apparently has too many challenges with freight shipments and advised we use another company for his shipments in the future.

Tac2000 Registered
    Confidentiality notice: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law and property of Ikaros Aviation, Inc. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy or delete all copies of it.

From: Lilly Moreno-Mole [mailto:lilly.moreno-mole@fedex.com]
    Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:40 AM
    To: Peggy McDonald; yvette@ikarosav.com
    Cc: Carlos Manrique
    Subject: Re: Received Fax From: 3058834094

Thanks Peggy for your help with this.

----- Original Message -----
    From: McDonald, Peggy --- Supv-Operations --- MDL [mailto:peggy.mcdonald@fedex.com]
    Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 08:21 AM
    To: Yvette Yargas ; Peggy McDonald
    Cc: Carlos Manrique; Lilly Moreno-Mole

Here is your express tracking#871336034837and your new booking#02400094

I have also scheduled the pick up for today and once express gets it you can track it or call the number I e-mailed too you earlier

I did inquire about express picking up in the Keys and was told that they do pick up in the Keys similar to how freight picks up in the keys via a cartage agent

Hang on to the number for express that I provided too your earlier and call them with any of your Express needs

Peggy

From: Yvette Yargas [mailto:yvette@ikarosav.com]
    Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:06 AM
    To: 'McDonald, Peggy --- Supv-Operations --- MDL'
    Cc: carlos.manrique@fedex.com; lilly.moreno-mole@fedex.com

Peggy,

Here is the signed copied (2) of our invoice,

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:00 AM
    To: Yvette Yargas

Please sign 1 copy of the commercial invoice and I will make a copy

Once express picks up I will e-mail your express tracking# and you can track it

From: Yvette Yargas [mailto:yvette@ikarosav.com]
    Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:55 AM
    To: 'McDonald, Peggy --- Supv-Operations --- MDL'
    Cc: carlos.manrique@fedex.com; lilly.moreno-mole@fedex.com

Peggy,

I have completed the documents you sent to me, since the older documents supplied by my FEDEX agent where not correct.

Please advise us as to when our shipment will be traveling and a copy of the new booking number you stated we needed. I will need this to pass along to my customer.

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:36 AM
    To: Yvette Yargas
    Subject: FW: Received Fax From: 3058834094
    Importance: High

Here is the darker express bill