Fedex / don't expect too much from fedex to go the extra mile!
I had a package I shipped by FedEx to the Philippines and the Philippine Customs had taken a keen interest on it. The package contains prescription medication for my father. For some unknown reason, the Philippine Customs has decided to hold it hostage. I had asked FedEx representatives both here in the US and in the Philippines to determine the reason for the delay and to provide advice. None of the FedEx people I have spoken with can give any detail except this: It's in Philippine Customs, so basically you're screwed, because Philippine Customs can do what they damn well please.
I find it absurd that a major international shipping company like FedEx do not have people representing them in other countries' customs in order to resolve issues that might arise concerning shipments of their customers. So for FedEx to tell me I'm basically on my own, it's quite disheartening and upsetting.
It's been 2 weeks since Philippine Customs shanghaied my package and FedEx hasn't done a damn thing. I asked FedEx to ship the package back to me and they said they cannot guarantee the package can be returned, because, again, Philippine Customs can do what they damn well please. Plus I will still need to pay for taxes and duties in order for the package to be returned to me. And of course, I will need to pay FedEx for shipping both ways, according to FedEx customer service.
Is there justice in this world? I guess not, specially when you're dealing with FedEx and a third-world country's Customs.
I guess before I was under the impression that FedEx will take care of your shipping needs. Now, I know better.
Never will I use FedEx again!
More Fedex Complaints & Reviews
- Fedex - poor service 
- FedEx Ground - tuition reimbursement not paid out 
- Fedex Home Delivery - if you are lucky you will get it! 
- Fedex - clearance delay 
- Fedex - bad driver 
- FedEx Corporate Services - Customer Service
- FedEx Corporate Services - delivery not attempted, fedex claims “customer unavailable” but I was home all day waiting for this $1000.00 medical equipment.
- FedEx Corporate Services - delivery of diapers, baby wipes and pull - ups
- FedEx Corporate Services - driver say he left package on porch. I don't have a porch
- FedEx Corporate Services - delivery driver