Fedex / overcharge, delay
i ordered a batch of 500 items from a retailer in the states, the items were simply plastic bags with very little value
as they were needed urgently i decided to have 50 out of the 500 sent via fedex as they would be delivered a few days quicker than usps
fedex charged me $85 to send 50 plastic bags
that had customs value of $10
when fedex arrived on stated date, fedex demanded $40 import duty for items worth less than $10
the actual import duty is $1.40
fedex had ignorder the customs value and looked at the attached invoice
the invoice included shipping costs and also the other 450 bags that were not sent with fedex
but the invoice also clearly stated that only 50 bags were sent with fedex
fedex attempted to charge me import duty on a total of $198 instead of $10
the courier contaced the office, where a lady informed me that i would receive a phonecall soon and that i would get my delivery that same day 100%, WHICH I DOUBLE CONFIRMED WITH HER,
i then sat and waited, and waited
i then contacted the fedex office a few times, only to be told they would have to investigate
and that i will not be receiving my package that day and they could not say when the package would be ready for delivery
and if i wanted the package i would have to pay the $40 or i must wait until they conclude their investigation.
so paying $85 and wasting an entire day of my time for absolutely nothing as by the time fedex sorts things out i will have my main order of 450 bags which only cost $38 to ship.
and also with this being in thailand it is certain they will not admit their mistake and will not resolve matter easily.
FEDEX A COMPLETE AND UTTER JOKE!
OVER PRICED, OVER RATED, VERY POOR SERVICE
THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS
THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE SILLY PRICES CUSTOMERS PAY TO RECEIVE SUCH POOR SERVICE.
FEDEX WILL NOT BE USED AGAIN.
More Fedex Complaints & Reviews
- Fedex - poor service 
- FedEx Ground - tuition reimbursement not paid out 
- Fedex Home Delivery - if you are lucky you will get it! 
- Fedex - clearance delay 
- Fedex - bad driver 
- FedEx Corporate Services - Delivery not attempted, FedEx Claims “customer unavailable” but I was home all day waiting for this $1000.00 medical equipment.
- FedEx Corporate Services - delivery of diapers, baby wipes and pull - ups
- FedEx Corporate Services - driver say he left package on porch. I don't have a porch
- FedEx Corporate Services - delivery driver
- Fedex - truck driver dangerous driving