Federal Loan Modification Law CenterPaid them $995 in march; now property has been "seized " by mortgage co.

1 Review updated:

My wife and I paid these people $995 in March, 2009, to get our mortgage payments lowered. We sent them a bunch of information they said they needed. We have received little communication from them. At this time we were only getting collection letters from the mortgage company. Then in June, 2009, we received a "forclosure" letter from the mortgage company's attorney. We had been told by the above company to let all correspondence be through them and not to pay until told to. Now, as of June 12, 2009, we have received a notice of "seizure" and "sale" on our property. We have until August 5, 2009, to find a way out. The mortgage company says they have never heard from the above company regarding our mortgage. We have a copy of a lawsuit filed by the Federal Trade Commission against FLM Law Center in April, 2009, alledging "fraud" and many other things. If anyone knows what the best route is to take at this point, pls post in this web site and I will get it. We live in Louisiana.

More Federal Loan Modification Law Center Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Te
      Jun 18, 2009

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you Glen, thats why I'm on here trying to make a difference and maybe help more people save there houses. I recently did a loan Modification with the Al Verdi Law Group. They walked me through every step of the process from start to finish, I was very fortunate to find such a wonderful company to work with. If I may recommend any company to do your loan modification I would give them a call, they did my entire loan modification in exactly 47 days and anytime I had a question they were very responsive in getting right back to me. Its unfortunate there are so many bad company's out there, If anyone comes across any other bad companies please post because no one deserves to get there house taken from them. You can contact them at [protected] The gentlemen I worked with name was Cale Swanson.

Thanks again Al Verdi Law Group

Jul 06, 2009

I believe that something should be done about this company FLM Law center and I am 100% behind the couple that gave this company ($995) and were given false hopes. My husband and I gave $1149.00 and were promised they would reduce our loan interest within 90 days or our money back. Now we are 3 months behind on our mortgage and recieved a letter for foreclosure. If there is anybody out there that can help us contact [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ca
      Jul 08, 2009
    Federal Loan modification Law center - Will not refund money they took
    Federal Loan modification law center
    7555 Irvine Center Drive
    Irvine
    California
    fedmod.com

Start a contract with them back in February. They took my money and than did nothing. Numerous calls to them over and over again. Now there number is changed. I have not yet received a refund.. And still trying.. They made a promise to help me get my interest rate down. I have all the documentation. I have left messages emails to no avail. I need to know how I can take this further. I am out $2000.00
    I learned a lesson the hard and wrong way.

Cathie Hnat
    [protected]@netzero.com

• Ml
      Jul 13, 2009

I also agree with everyone above. I too am victim of circumstance I sent $995.00 on March 3, 2009 to John Murray with FLM I called to check on the status of loans and never heard from him again. I soon found that he had left the company.

I then started correspondence wth another gentlemen at this office which stated he could assist me, Promised me a refund by July 7th, 2009, Never heard from them again called them at the number that was given to include emailing and no response. All the emails are returned undelivered and the ph#'s are disconnected.

How can a consumer just do something like that in this day and age I'm writing the president to include the Attorney General of Texas. This is totolly ridiculous, How can something like this happen in The USA and get away with it.

Melinda J. Lee

Jul 14, 2009

We are also a victim we paid them $500.00 in January and was sapose to make payments we were told our payments would be lower, our last contact from them was an email on April 9th 2009 they needed alot of info and I sent it then we got aletter saying our house was to be sold on the Court House steps May 5th. 2009 we stoped it for a few weeks now we are having to move from our house that we have lived in for 10 years. they are saleing it August 4th. on the Court House Steps. Somthing has to be done to get all of our money back and to let them know you cant do this to people's lives. A&M Mayo (Ga)

• St
      Jul 15, 2009

All,

FLM is out-of-business. The Federal Government shut them down due to numerous complaints such as the ones you are making. I work for a very reputable law firm handling loan modifications. To date I have have had numerous FLM clients sign up with me, save their homes, AND have helped them recover some of their money. If you need help saving your home PLEASE give me a call today and let me help you save your home.

Steve Robinson

Federal Loan Modification Law Center
    Irmo
    South Carolina
    Phone: [protected]

Paid $3495 to Law Center to do a loan modification for my mortage with Bank of America. Spoke with attorneys for bank foreclosures and my loan is currently in foreclosure proceedings. Federal Law Center did nothing to get my mortage modified. Cannot get in touch with Eric Ochoa who I first spoke with to get debit card number to pay for services and to refer my loan to an attorney. Attorney that was assigned to me was Joshua at [protected]. Get a busy signal when I try to call Joshua and get caught in automatic answering loop when I try to call Federal Loan Modification Law Center. Any dpcuments that were received by Bank of America or foreclosure attorneys were sent by me, nothing has been received from law center. SCAM.

• Te
      Jul 31, 2009

There is a way out you at least to get your money back file fraud with your bank. It take sometime so the sooner you do the sooner the funds are give to you. Let your morgage company know they have to still report the bad credit but Bank of America has but forecloser on hold for us until the money is release to and set to them. Of course I had to send all kinds of info to prove that this was true and talk with a supervisor but it pays to be a pain in the ###.

• Se
      Aug 01, 2009

try calling them at the number on their website flmlc.com

• Se
      Aug 01, 2009

17 days ago by Steve Robinson 0 Votes
    All,

? really then who is flmlc.com

• Gl
      Aug 07, 2009

I was contacted several days ago by a man purporting to be with a law firm that FLM has turned our account over to. He was supposed to send me some forms to fill out by e-mail, but I have not heard from him. My disabled wife is living on the property, I am unemployed, and my unemployment insurance payments just ran out. I feel like I am going around in circles. HELP!!!

glenbeth

• Do
      Aug 12, 2009

they are under investigation by the Federal Trade Commision - you might as well give up on re-doing your mortgage with this company. Go to the FTC website and add your info to the compalint and also file a claim with the better business bureau out in California

• Ho
      Aug 17, 2009

Please be carefully with any other loan modification company on this complain board about FLM . They might be an old member of FLM and operated under a new name. That have happened a lot across the country. The Fed closed them down but they open a new company and operate under it. Be carefull.

Regards,

• El
      Sep 10, 2009

I am So sorry to hear what happened that’s why I entrusted in a law firm to get my Modification done. I recently did a loan Modification with the Sherman and nathanson Law Group. They walked me through every step of the process from start to finish, I was very fortunate to find such a wonderful company to work with. If I may recommend any company to do your loan modification I would give them a call, they did my entire loan modification in exactly 47 days and anytime I had a question they were very responsive in getting right back to me. Its unfortunate there are so many bad company's out there, If anyone comes across any other bad companies please post because no one deserves to get there house taken from them. You can contact them at [protected] the gentlemen I worked with name was Bret hope this was helpful.

• Ri
      Dec 03, 2009

the Sheman and Nathanson Law Group is a huge scam. They used to have a company called Rewiremyloan and took lots of peoples money and did very little. You are either very lucky or you work for them because everyone I know says to stay away from them. The people that they run with are all scam artists who belong in jail. That is my take and what I have seen from very trustworthy sources.

• Sh
      Jan 26, 2010

I totally agree with the Nathanson law firm being a huge scam!!! Don't let them talk you into giving them your money till you read the BBB complaint board.. You are better off doing it yourself!!

• So
      Feb 10, 2010

If anyone has had the same problem with rewiremyloan and or Sherman and nathanson. Please send me an e-mail at [protected]@yahoo.com
    Im going to report them to 7 on your side and 60minutes To see if they will do a story,
    This needs to stop...

• Ba
      Jun 28, 2011
    Federal Loan modification Law center - Stay away from these scum bags
    Federal Loan Modification Law Center

Called company to see if they could help me out with my overdue mortgage payments. seemed helpful at the start calling back to confirm paper work and compiling information about my mortgage - asking me to send bank draft so they could start processing my account. they called back saying they needed $1495.00 to continue the process, once they recieved the money thats when all communication with this company came to a halt. after repeated attempts to contact FLM i finally reached customer service where i was told they were so swamped with business that they would contact me within a few days. as you can guess i got the same run around with thier automated phone system, i was able to reach another individual who told me that a representative had just walked by and he would stop him and find out what was going on with my account. well here i am almost 3 months later and i can not reach anybody at this company at any time of the day. FLM is a rip-off with low lifes working to steal your money, stay away from these ###.