Feature Films For Families / Harassing calls

1 5286 Commerce Dr. #A-116Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: (801)284-7242

My wife made the mistake of purchasing VHS tapes from them 15 years ago. For the last several months "Jessie" continues to call my new unlisted number to wake me up despite my repeated requests for him to stop. They are aggressive, deceptive, and unrelenting. I will NEVER do business with them again. Avoid the other names they do business as: Family Feature Films, Visiplex Family Entertainment, and My Family Explorer. File complaints with the Utah Better Business Bureau @ utah.app.bbb.org. Top turn the tables, call FFFF for a change at [protected]. This is their "customer contact" manager Matt Cooper's direct line. He was very surprised when I called. He actually said "I don't know how you got through to me . . ." He assured me the calls will stop. It is too late. I am on a quest to seek revenge. CEO is Forrest Baker. Find his number and wake him up! Fight back with me!

Jm

Comments

• Br
      28th of May, 2009

I have the same issue with this company. They continue to call regardless of hopw often we say we are not interested. I filed a complaint with the national DO Not Call Registry and will also file one with the Better Business Bureau.

• 2c
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I have worked for this company and can tell you it really is a good company. FYI, it is *not* affiliated with any religion. If you simply tell them 'no', they won't keep calling every day. Some customers simply say "she's not here", etc and thus the return calls. The atmosphere in the company is positive and they really are passionate about getting positive entertainment out there for families. If you aren't happy with the calls, you should call their customer service @ 1800-326-4598. They are happy to know what the customer's thoughts/opinions are so that they can change if needed.

My two cents

• Al
      18th of Feb, 2010

I just called the number and requested to be taken off the calling list. I hope it works. I have about 10 numbers saved in my cell phone so that I don't answer FFFF calls.

• Bi
      25th of Jun, 2010

Feature Films for Families is a great company that does what it can to ensure customers are treated with the utmost respect. All requests to be canceled or taken off of the calling list are COMPLETED HONORED. Also as a company FFFF records and monitors employees interactions with customers on a daily basis. Employees found disrespecting customers or doing inappropriate things on the phone are dealt with immediately. Of course the company cannot catch all problems but they do what they can to minimize the number of issues. As for the “recording” spoke about, Feature Films does use a recorded message to communicate with its customers, however a live employee is always on the phone with each customer. The reason some employees use the recording systems is because with a prerecorded message management is able to control what is being said to each customer. If an employee is having a bad day, not feeling well or even if they have speech impediments or heavy accents, the program still allows for customers to get the same clear and concise message each time. Feature Films for Families truly is a great company that provides a needed service to communities across the country. Biased statements like these from a disgruntled former employee should not sway anyone on the good this company is doing for our nation!

• Mr
      30th of Jun, 2010

Sounds like a solution for FFFF is to NOT use call centers or telemarketing as way to maintain and generate business. People are very annoyed by unsolicited or commercial phone calls. Phone calling for business is a thing of the past. Consider the fact that many people are getting phone calls from bill collectors that disguise their caller ID, banks wanting payments on late mortgages, credit card companies, etc.
    I think all the complaints here indicate that people are saying "Stop Calling ME!" and you're losing business every time you respond and every time you call!

Simply save yourself money and put everyone on a mailing list with double optin. Those who want to be reminded of new movies or re-ordering can simply respond to your whitelist emails. It will save you the cost of paying for a call center service which usually hires cheap labor and not necessarily the best phone people out there since they make little money to meet their needs and you run the risk of having some bozo on the line hang up on customers. Chances are that by now you're doing your own inhouse call center but it's the same thing. Soliciting Phone calls.

While you're providing good value and good films for families, your call center concept is flawed. Just think how much trouble you'd have avoided and complaints if you did not use the phone as a primary sales tool but only as a customer service tool. If they need you, they will call you. This whole call center marketing in the 21st century America is pure crap. Now all the negative complaints indexed on Google makes you lose business. Next corporate meeting, be the innovative genius and suggest that FFF does away with the calling altogether.
    Who knows, you might even get promoted. Yeah, I'm talking to you who works for the company and posts here on its behalf.

Personally, I wouldn't do any business with any company that keeps calling me every week or every month to order more stuff. I order more stuff when I WANT TO.

• Je
      28th of Oct, 2016

I have had the same dealings with FFFF for MANY, MANY years. I am, according to the guy that calls me everyday from different places all over the US, a "VIP and they certainly appreciate my past support because there are so many bad things that our kids are exposed to"... blah, blah, blah!!! The man on the other end of the phone is very nice and good natured, however, I'm so tired of trying to turn him down, but at every "I can't right now" there is an alternative way that I can get more movies. I'm just sick and tired of doing this dance every few months that only wastes my time and his. I don't answer the phone anymore when it's an out of state number. So, with that said, I've just called the number for Matt, which a fellow by the name of Chris answered. He said that the calls will stop and to just allow 24 hours. We shall see... I do hope that it works.
    HOWEVER...
    FFFF is a good company. I just don't care for the excessive sales calls, which is, in my opinion, the only downfall. None of the sales people have EVER been rude to me. In fact, I did one time get a younger salesman and I was able to get him to laugh by telling him "you're really good, but the answer is still no, I'm sorry" He chuckled and let me go, but the guy that has been calling me lately (ok, for the last 2 years, LOL) doesn't take no for an answer until he exhausts ALL possible payment arrangements because, "at FFFF we understand that it's not always a good time" LOL God bless America!!