FBK Products, Inc. / Unordered Septic System Remedy

1 Port Charlotte, FL, US Review updated:

Shortly after having septic tank pumped and inspected pursuant to local county requirements I received a package of Septic Remedy Treatments delivered via FedEx to my door with a packing slip and invoice for $199 (to be paid in four installments!). Fortunately, these people did not have my credit card or banking info (BECAUSE I NEVER PLACED AN ORDER !!!) so they are left to continually send bills and make harassing telephone calls. Upon original receipt we told them to send a pick-up for the package and it would be returned (we have never opened it -- our septic is in excellent condition and we already know how to keep it that way without their junk whatever it is!) --- they did not do so but instead kept calling and sending bills. Today (8-13-09) I reached the end of my rope upon receipt of the latest bill (interestingly, all the bills come from different addresses?!?!) and after talking to them once again on the phone, I called the police and filed a report. Police officer called the company at [protected] from his telephone and was given the "customer service manager - James" who played a supposed recording of my order --- boy, have they got their game down! - but told him all I have to do is please call him and return the product ... needless to say, when I called back a few minutes after the officer "James" was in a meeting and when I called back a few minutes after that call went to a message recorder ... guess they don't really want my call. For now, I am sending letter to Attorney General State of Florida ... plus a few carbon copies!

Comments

Aug 28, 2009

I too get harassing phone calls almost daily from FBK Products, Inc. I keep telling them to take my name off their call list, but they never do. Today, Aug. 28th, 2009, I received yet another call from FBK Products. This time the man on the phone call me by my first name, as if we were friends! When I asked why he keeps calling, the reply he gives me is, "well, because our product works". What a stupid response to my question. So, I just hung up. Next time they call, I just won't answer anymore. The Attorney General needs to put these people on notice, or, shut their doors. Anyone who does business with these guys has to be nuts. I'm not going to be an idiot any longer. From now on, I won't pick up the phone.

Sep 10, 2009

I'm Matt, a new employee of FBK Products. I've searched the web looking for info on my new company and certainly I've asked questions about postings I've seen including this one at complaintboard.com. The answer I got was "Matt, think about it before you believe it".

Diane claims that she did not order the product; she even says she filed a Police report! She said the Police Officer called FBK Products, heard the recorded verification tape for her order and advised her to simply return it (I know for a fact FBK records customer orders on tape). So let’s think about it. By Diane's owns words her local Police Dept found no wrong doing on the part of FBK Products and told her simply to return the order. True for some reason she is upset about her order, she may have changed her mind and doesn’t wan the order, maybe her husband objected, maybe she decided she couldn't afford it but the fact is FBK Products did not do anything wrong.

If you "think about it" that says a lot.

• Ho
      Feb 16, 2010

I've been getting calls all the time and turning them down.

Today a woman rep called and told me they were going to give me a free box to try, I said, but then you ask for my credit card, right? She said no.

However today I was on the internet and during the call looked at this site and read to her the complaint about the invoice for $199...she said "yes, I told you that is the way we work" I said, no you did not (and she had not mentioned anything about cost or money).

Then she said "well, that's enough negativity for me" and hung up.

I'm thankful for this site, saved me a big hassle!

• Fb
      Apr 08, 2010

I bought Septic Remedy one time, about 3 years ago. I honestly don't know if it helped or not. I paid for it and chalked it up a lesson learned on my part. I won't buy it again.

BUT...The telemarketing calls will not stop. I've told at least a dozen representatives to remove me from FBK's calling list. The calls still won't stop.

I've asked to speak with a supervisor or manager. Coincidentally, their supervisor is always busy.

Today, 4/8/2010 12pmCT, the rep (Lisa) explained that there are many offices and I should just tell each person that calls to tear up my sheet. I advised that I want her to call each of her offices and tell them to tear up my sheet or put me through to her manager so I can tell them to do it. She hung up on me. I tried to call back the phone number on my caller ID. Of course, there was no answer.

Matt, let your executives know that I am collecting a list of occurences (dates, times, reps, ph#'s). I'm sure there's some legal expert out there that will be able to help me present these facts to show their truly harrassing nature and reach justice to hopefully help other existing victims like myself...and prevent future victims.

Apr 21, 2010

Same exact thing happened to me. Almost to the letter of the original post. I filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and FL Attorney General as well. Any voice they have recorded for authorization is definitely not me... If they have me on tape at all it's saying please stop calling me.

They also said that they would be sending me to collections without paying the tape back and hung up on me. Maybe their employees are brainwashed like Matt here in this thread into thinking the company is legit - but I doubt it. The guy I talked to knew he was attempting to scam me, and I told him no matter what they do or say I will not be paying for anything.