fayetteville autopark / dishonest sales

1 Fayetteville, AR, United States Review updated:

I recently purchased a certified used car. When I went to pick it up it had a dent in the bumper. So I complained and they tried to say it was dented before purchase. However a car with dents cannot be certified. I pointed this out and they agreed to fix it. Next problem... maintenance light comes on one month later. This is when I noticed the oil change sticker mileage said due for change. This car was sold as certified so it should have been 3000 more miles until the next oil change. So I went to find out what the deal was. The car had been certified 2 months prior and was delivered to a customer who could not get a loan. So they did not check the car out and resold it without going through the certification checklist. Everyone I talked to about the lie was rude. All I wanted was an apology and an explanation. Instead I was yelled at and talked down to for pointing out their dishonesty. They eventually agreed to a "free"oil change. This is no way to run a business especially when the sale was guaranteed as this was my second car from them. I had sent so many people to them however that door is closed. I will never buy from them again.

Comments

• Ag
      21st of Apr, 2012

Honesty is very impotant

• Ic
      15th of Jan, 2015

Fayetteville Autopark charged me and my husband illegal interest rates on the vehicles we purchased, knowing the maximum allowed by law in Arkansas is 17 percent, regardless of who the issuer is e.g. what state the main branch is located in, and then despite the fact that our contracts clearly state the rate they charged us on the "truth in lending" contract they denied the interest rate was ever assessed, called us liars, told us to sue them, and refused to correct the situation. Anyway, the law is clear on this so I filed complaints with the Arkansas Attorney General, FTC, and Consumer protection Bureau etc and hired an attorney. I hope that this does not happen to anyone else, but if it does, just know it voids the contract with regard to the illegal interest charged and you can recover twice the amount illegally assessed. Hopefully, they will quit doing this to people, but I doubt it.