FathersChoice.org / Terrible service

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-891-8589

They gave me one set of papers that weren't with the money spent. They rush quick to get all the money they can and then won't respond to communication after the initial paperwork is sent. $98.00 + $48.95 + $845.00 = 1 bad/late packet of paperwork and no returned calls/e-mails.

If you're a father losing his children (and you're not ###), cool off, slow down, do some legal research or hire an attorney. Don't mess with these bozos who aren't licensed to practice law in California.

Va

Comments

• St
      24th of Jul, 2008

WELL, I HAD A FRIEND WHO USED FATHER'S CHOICE AND AFTER IS EX-WIFE HIRED A LAWYER, HE ASKED FATHER'S CHOICE FOR FULL REPRESENTATION BECAUSE SUPPOSEDLY THEY WORK WITH ALL THESE LAWYERS IN DIFFERENT STATES. WELL, THEY TOLD HIM THAT HE DID NOT NEED REPRESENTATION, CALL THE NIGHT BEFORE THE COURT DAY AND TOLD HIM THAT IT WILL BE A CONTINUATION AND JUST KEEP HIS COOL. WELL, BOTTOM LINE, HIS EX-WIFE USED THE SYSTEM TO HER ADVANTAGE BECAUSE NOW HE HAS EVERY OTHER WEEKEND 6HRS ON SAT. AND 4HRS ON SUNDAY SUPERVISED VISITATION WITH HIS EX-MOTHER-IN-LAW SUPERVISING..HOW IS THAT FOR VICTORY?

29th of Jul, 2008

debited my account for services not used cancelled with them in feb.08

• Ru
      12th of Aug, 2008

Father's Choice DID A GREAT JOB!!! Several months ago i was refered to fatherchoice.org by a local legal aide personnel - I read some negative (along with some positive) comments about FC... so I originally chose not to use them - every attorney i contacted wanted at least 1500 as a "retainer", and nobody could tell me how much the ultimate cost would be, nor did they want to talk to me when i told them i had no money for such a large retainer fee...

I ended up enrolling in their program ($98) and they got a court order to me for $845 (i did have to file documants myself, but it was easy - i spoke with an attorney which was paid for by my $49 monthly payment - long story short, I ended up with visitations with my 2 kids!!! After my case was fixed - I went back to see if some negative stuff was still listed against FC, I was glad to see more positive reorting... I decided to write this letter to say that although there appears to be a few unsatisfied people I'm sure there are many many satisfied members. I also read a status that they speak to literaly 400 to 500 fathers every week - so what if service is not free, my kids are worth more than $845 If i win the lottery, im gonna fly to Goleta and throw some money around FC office! I'm gonna post this information on that complaint website also - if you're a father who has good results, lets support these FC guys (i think these negative report guys should realize that any company that realize that when they do make mistakes, their willing to fix things, should be left alone to help all the other guys missing their kids ---> Rudy in WA 206 - 600-6923

• Ge
      21st of Aug, 2008

I totally have to disagree with any one that says any positive things about FC because I tried to use them they said they could help they made themselves sound like the best thing since peanutbutter well surprise the idiot I talked to couldn't even get the address of the courthouse right the paperwork they sent me was all wrong and incomplete when I tried to contact them all I got was answering machine so I e-mailed them told them they were fired and I wanted my money back damn they got back to me rightaway begged me for asecond chance so alright I gave them the chance e-mailed them all the info again talked to another idiot who didn't even have the courtesy to e-mail me back or even say thank me so I fired them and got my money back so aword to the wise if your dealing with these guys stop and run GENE

• Da
      29th of Aug, 2008

It took me almost four months to the day for me to get my refund back but I got it today. I did not like doing business with Fathers Choice and I was told many times that I would get my money back and not until I sent an email to the HR department did someone respond back stating that they would in fact give me my money back. I called them at least 40X in the course of the four months and they are horrible about getting back to you unless they are trying to get you to pay them. Bottom line...I was pissed off because they took my money and did absolutely nothing for me and initially did not want to give my money back but when they saw that I was someone that was not going to go away easily they finally said "ok heres your money back". I would NOT do business with these people nor would I recommend them to represent anyone no matter how great a chance they had at winning. Pay for a "real" lawyer and do it the right way, these guys want the money.

• Je
      22nd of Sep, 2008

Yes, looks as though they are out of business at this point and never took the $1065.00 off my credit card they promised to remove in charges. RIP OFF COMPANY INDEED!!!

27th of Sep, 2008

THEY ARE TAKING MONEY OFF MY DEBIT CARD THAT I HAVE NOT AUTHORIZED AND HAVE CALLED SEVERAL TIMES TO GET IT STOPPED. I CANCELLED THE SAME DAY I GOT IT WHICH WAS IN JULY OF 08 AND NOW ITS SEPT. AND THEY ARE STILL DEBITING. BUNCH OF BULL. THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED. I DID FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB. MAYBE THAT WILL HELP.

• E
      29th of Sep, 2008

contact the Attorney Generals office for California. also contact the FBI internet crimes task force (ic3.com)They are STILL in business ripping people off. go to [redacted].com also

• To
    FathersChoice.org - My refund
    FathersChoice.org
    Phone: 18009641664
    www.fatherschoice.org

My friend had a court date for custody of his son. I helped him with the 98.00 deposit, it was refundable if we did not use their services. They emailed me an orientation video to watch that never came through, so we couldn't never get the video to play we called back and they told us that we could request our refund and cancel because we couldn't view the video well when i canceled the service i got a cancellation. They said it would be 2 to 3 weeks for my refund that was submitted on june 4 and it is now july 17th they keep giving me the run around saying someone name todd is the financial manager hes trying to make sure everyone gets their refund in a timely fashion, but when i asked to speak to mr. todd personally, hes never available i would like for someone to help shut this business down because they are truly fraudulent and shouldn't representing for any reason thank u!

29th of Jun, 2016

On a positive note, within 3 business days of my Credit Card Company letting them know they were investigating my claim, I got my refund. Coincidence? I think not.

For those of you trying to get a refund you were told you can have, turn them in to your credit card company for failing to abide by what you agreed to.

(Visa and Mastercard have to do this too often and Father's Choice might even lose their merchant accounts. )

Now to talk to the Attorney General/DOJ task force on Internet Fraud and see what they have to say. (http://www.ic3.gov/)

29th of Jun, 2016

These guys will sit on your money. It has been over a month since I was promised a refund and I still don't have a refund.

The More of these I read the more I think all of us need to file a complaint at http://www.ic3.gov/ This is definitely a case of them taking advantage of individuals that are looking desperately for help.

Good luck with your refund. I am asking my Credit Card Company to charge them back and looking at filing charges both at www.ic3.gov and with the Indiana State Attorney General.

• La
      29th of Jun, 2016

having trouble getting services promised and or a refund

29th of Jun, 2016

Still sitting on my money. My Credit Card company is going through the process of charging them back. Likely the only way I will see my money again. After that is done, then I am going to look at Internet Fraud charges. (But I want my money back first. :) )

• Ru
      29th of Jun, 2016

I ended up enrolling in their program ($98) and they got a court order to me for $845 (i did have to file documants myself, but it was easy - i spoke with an attorney which was paid for by my $49 monthly payment - long story short, I ended up with visitations with my 2 kids!!! After my case was fixed - I went back to see if some negative stuff was still listed against FC, I was glad to see more positive reorting... I decided to write this letter to say that although there appears to be a few unsatisfied people I'm sure there are many many satisfied members. I also read a status that they speak to literaly 400 to 500 fathers every week - so what if service is not free, my kids are worth more than $845 If i win the lottery, im gonna fly to Goleta and throw some money around FC office! I'm gonna post this information on that complaint website also - if you're a father who has good results, lets support these FC guys (i think these negative report guys should realize that any company that realize that when they do make mistakes, their willing to fix things, should be left alone to help all the other guys missing their kids ---> Rudy in WA 205 - 600-6923

29th of Jun, 2016

If they are so good, why can't you talk to the management? Why do they sit on refunds for bungled service for 2 months? why do they promise that they will have the manager call you back about your long overdue money and two days later when you call them back, give you the exact same song and dance?

Not buying that these guys even have a clue how to run a business much less provide a service when you pay them. I certainly never saw anything they promised me, to include the fact that I am being forced to go through my Credit Card Company to get my money back for services never provided.

29th of Jun, 2016

i called father choice and asked about their sevice. as soon as i asked about their case managers work backround, ect i was cut off and told that i took up to much of thier time ( just over 5 min). if im paying or going to pay for a service, that company should give atlest 10minof thier time. look up the reviews first. i never signed up. fathers choice my be and looks like a rip off

• Ro
      29th of Jun, 2016

What a dishonest business! They promise these poor fathers the world and all they give is heartache. My fiance is a victim of them also. All he wanted was to make sure that his ex-wife couldnt take his 2 boys and move to florida. He went to his older brother to borrow the money (around $1000) so that he can pay the fees and get the boll rolling. Well...its almost 4 months later and no paperwork, no return calls, and no refund. They have done nothing but take people's money. They are a scam and there should be a class action suit against. How can they wake up each morning knowing what they do to people? They should have people get them where it hurts...in their pocket. Please...if you are a father and looking for help...DO NOT use this service as you will be ripped off and left broken hearted! Consumer beware!

• Dy
      29th of Jun, 2016
    FathersChoice.org - did not give services I paid for and would not return calls.
    Fatherschoice.org
    Phone: 1-877-571-1496
    fatherschoice.org

I paid 845.00 for attorney services to prepare paperwork for child visitation and paternity issues.
    They sent paperwork with instructions and after various calls etc. they have disconnected the phone and email contacts they advertise. I cannot file the court papers they way that they are and cannot get any help. It was a complete rip-off and they do not render the services they charge for.
    Then they started taking monthly membership fees that were never authorized. Anthony said they would be refunded...he also said one of their attorneys would call me to go over the crap they sent me...THAT NEVER HAPPENED either!

• De
      29th of Jun, 2016
    FathersChoice.org - Run around now unreachable. Out $1500.
    Fathers Choice
    unknown
    unknown
    Phone: was 800-964-1664
    fatherschoice.org

My husband and I paid this organization about $1500 to help us with our custody and child support case. Long story short, it took months to get the original documents which were full of mistakes. It took another few weeks to get the corrected documents then when they were sent to the court for filing, we were informed by the court that they were the WRONG documents! Thankfully, the court is sending them back along with the correct documents for us to fill out. I tried to call Fathers Choice but they are now unreachable. I have several different phone numbers that are all disconnected. The website is still up but even the one number on the website is disconnected. Does anyone know if there is anything we can do? A lawsuit of some kind?

• Ho
      29th of Jun, 2016
    FathersChoice.org - They have taken thousands of dollars from unsuspecting fathers
    Fatherschoice.org
    fatherschoice.org

Premier family services Gooleta, california - This website claims to provide legal help for father's trying to get custody of there children.The company is unlicensed. Th company sells these men on the first phone call taking there money and promising to provide services they are incapable of providing. Each phone call after the first is upselling, just trying to get as much money as possible as quickly as possible. They have taken thousands of dollars from unsuspecting fathers. How can someone exploit people in such a vulnerable sistuation?