Father's Choice / Misrepresent their services

1 unknownunknown, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 964-1664

Father's Choice indicated that they practice law in most of the US protecting fathers in court for child custody and other family services. In fact, after numerous conversations, the only thing they do is generate basic court documents that you have to present to the court system. You have no representation other than you in court along with some generic documents that you submit and have to mediate with the judge and the other party. Unless you are an attorney your chances of succeeding in gaining custody or a fair settlement is virtually zero (0). Most judges and the other attorney would laugh to themselves if you try to defend or present your case to the court system with Parent's Choice documentation.

You never talk to a real attorney, just a different case worker each time and they typically do not return phone calls. They have multiple websites and company names so you have to do some additional work to find their total scam...

Absolute and total waste of time and money.

Comments

• Js
      3rd of Jul, 2008

After some investigation, I've found that this company is a SCAM. (Check out /link removed/ and the Better Business website) They're also under fraud and criminal investigation.

• Pr
      25th of Jul, 2008

I agree completely. We got a hold of this company with the hopes that they could help us fight a custody battle where the kids are in a different state then we are. Same Story... they will not give you "legal representation" or "legal advice" because they are not YOUR lawyer, just lawyers that make sure the paperwork is filled out correctly. An idiot could fill out the paperwork, all you do is fill in the blanks. I'm very disappointed and I feel that we got cheated terribly. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY. YOU WILL GET SCAMMED

• Gc
      6th of Aug, 2008

Total rip-off. I paid and the very next day they told they could not help with my case. Of course, no refund...

• Ru
      10th of Aug, 2008

Father's Choice DID A GREAT JOB!!! Several months ago i was refered to fatherchoice.org by a local legal aide personnel - I read some negative (along with some positive) comments about FC... so I originally chose not to use them - every attorney i contacted wanted at least 1500 as a "retainer", and nobody could tell me how much the ultimate cost would be, nor did they want to talk to me when i told them i had no money for such a large retainer fee...

I ended up enrolling in their program ($98) and they got a court order to me for $845 (i did have to file documants myself, but it was easy - i spoke with an attorney which was paid for by my $49 monthly payment - long story short, I ended up with visitations with my 2 kids!!! After my case was fixed - I went back to see if some negative stuff was still listed against FC, I was glad to see more positive reorting... I decided to write this letter to say that although there appears to be a few unsatisfied people I'm sure there are many many satisfied members. I also read a status that they speak to literaly 400 to 500 fathers every week - so what if service is not free, my kids are worth more than $845 If i win the lottery, im gonna fly to Goleta and throw some money around FC office! I'm gonna post this information on that complaint website also - if you're a father who has good results, lets support these FC guys (i think these negative report guys should realize that any company that realize that when they do make mistakes, their willing to fix things, should be left alone to help all the other guys missing their kids ---> Rudy in WA 205 - 600-6923

• Do
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I also was ripped off by this orgainization. My son is a lawyer in California and he has agreed to represent myself and others who want to sue them to get their money back. Please contact me at donhmatt@yahoo.com if you want to join the lawsuit.

submitted by,