Fathers Choice / Total scam

Phone: 800-565-3117

If you read this email then PLEASE DO NOT USE Fathers Choice services! They are very quick to take your money and very slow to assist you in the way they say they will. I needed to file to have my child support reduced and the case manager (Tom Hutchison) convinced me that adjusting the visitation would help me in my endeavors. So after an initial 98 dollar fee to start, 49 dollar membership fee, and an 800 dollar paperwork drafting fee I get this large packet of documents. I then have to have numerous papers notarized (more money) and file the documents with the courts (175 dollars). After the papers are filed I have to have my ex-wife served with the paperwork (38 dollars local sheriff). Now all is well I think. I get a letter from the court stating they denied the motion I filed quoting a legal reason. I email the documents to my case manager and then the agony begins! It has been 2 weeks and I can't get anyone to call me or tell me anything regarding my case. My case manager never responds or is on a personal day. His supervisor if there is one does not call. I have never spoken with anyone claiming to be a lawyer if they even have any. I only wish I would have taken the money I spent so far and hired a local attorney that I can see face to face. I highly suggest anyone in my situation do the same.

Va

Comments

• Da
      24th of Jun, 2008

DO NOT USE!!! fatherschoice.org They are in the business of ripping people off. I have spoken to Beau Hobbs who is supposedly my case manager...yeah right! I also exchanged email with veronica.lujano@fatherschoice.org and sent email to hr@fatherschoice.org also. They are sneaky crooks that should have that business shut down and have the dishonest people who work there thrown in jail. I suggest that someone get a real attorney instead of trusting these underhanded personnel to give whatever ficticious assistance they promise to deliver. They are cheap because that is the service they provide...NONE! STAY AWAY!

• Du
      25th of Jun, 2008

These people sold my information to scammers in Nigeria, tey call me at all hours of the day and night!! Avoid these people they're a plague to society and prey on deserate peoples situations!! Do not use this "service".

9th of Jul, 2008

I had a totally different experience than this. I worked with a case manager named Anthony who gave me excellent service. I had a complex case with immediate deadlines. He worked with the legal staff at Fathers Choice and I won my case. My son Brandon is now with me full time. Take these complaints with a grain of salt. I looked around for a cheap solution and this was the best one I could find. I was fully informed from the start of all the charges and what I would get for my money. The bottom line is that I won my case. Thank God!!

• Sc
      9th of Jul, 2008

Like Norman I had a great experience with Fathers Choice. I worked with Scott Williams. I have three daughters aged 3-8. Their mother is a drug addict and the girls were in real danger. Scott led me through the process of getting full custody of the girls. The court case went smoothly and I have the three girls now in my custody. I was surprised how quickly the process went. Well worth the money!

9th of Jul, 2008

any positive reviews are from emplyees of the company. stay away!!!

• Le
      9th of Jul, 2008

I also had Beau Hobbs. Once he got my 845 not one time did I hear back from him. I was supposed to have a conference call setup and had changed my number I called and gave Beau the new number 6 different times and not one time did I ever hear back from him at all. When I finally requested to cancel my account and asked for a refund of the 845 I was mailed some paperwork that I couldn't even use at all. He never not one time discussed my case and when I tried to bring it up when I did get hold of him he didn't even care he was more worried about getting off the phone. He also told me I should expect my refund in 3 to 4 days. On the 4th day I still didn't have it found out it was 30 days. Today is day 30 i was number 30 on the list for it to be reviewed and I asked to speak to the Finance Manager. I spoke with Todd he said he doesn't review the cases but told me to call back later in the day and they should have a date of when it would be reversed. I call back around 6pm est time and asked for Todd, he was know where around according to Richard. I keep calling and calling and kept getting Richard. At 750pm est, I called again and got Richard he said there was still no update but he gave Todd my messages who still never called back. I finally informed Richard to also pass along I would be filing a complaint with the BBB and my bank as well as probably speaking to an attorney about filing a lawsuit against this company. I will be calling first thing in the morning again. I kept getting a different story everytime I called and for the finance manager to tell me he doesn't review them is a lie. Richard also informed me they did there job they sent the paperwork, which I explained to him again that I could not use it and he only sent me the paperwork because I requested for account to be cancelled and a refund. Now that they have continues to jerk me around in my request with the BBB I have now also requested to have my 98 dollars returned in addition to the 845 and if I don't receive it by next week I will be filing a lawsuit so if you want to help and send your story as well we might be able to close down these crooks.

11th of Jul, 2008

I do not Agree to any of the statement about the supposed case manager BEAU HOBBS. I had the opportunity to work with him on my custody case with my son Jason. My ex took my child from me and i had not seen him in over 3 years. I contact father's choice and was immediately given Beau Hobbs as my case manager. He listed to my story and noted to me which custody route i needed to take in order to get my child back in my life. It only took 2 weeks for my case to be complete and as of July 3rd, 2008 i know have my child with me full time. Thanks to Beau and the team at Father's Choice, I know have full Custody of my child. He helped me restore my life and my relationship with my son. He has since called me several times to follow-up with me and see how i was doing and everything. He is almost like a friend i can call at anytime. I actually have never had a problem contact him or reaching him. I believe these complaints stated are just from Father's who did not get their way and who probably have not really tried to fight for the children. Local attorney's do a great job but if you want an organization that will fight for you as a FATHER use father's choice and i pray you get Beau Hobbs or Tom Hutchinson as a case manager. I will vouch for them anytime. God Bless

• Le
      11th of Jul, 2008

With all the time I have wasted contacting people to get my money refunded to me I finally was able to reach Beau Hobbs again and he said he never realized what was going on. He even stated that we didn't get to do my case like we should have because we never really did a conference call and discuss in complete and total detail too much about my case and that was why I requested my money back and for services to be cancelled. Beau however had no idea I was being treated the way I was by the customer service staff and when I did reach him he has done everything in his power to get my money back and set the complete record straight of when I originally called in to cancel and that papers were sent to me accidentally. Beau really is going the extra mile to get my money refunded to me even after I left him a nasty message because I really was upset about being jerked around for a month. In my opinion this was a complete and total mistake and I do feel bad about things I said to Beau and about Beau because it was my understanding by the customer service staff that he was informed and knew what was going on when apparently he didn't know at all. MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES TO YOU BEAU!!! However, i still have my problems with Adrianna and I won't go there.

TO YOU BEAU HOBBS--I REALLY AM HUMBLY SORRY AND I HAVE LEARNED A LESSON IN ALL OF THIS DON'T MAKE PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS WHEN YOUR PISSED OFF!!! LOL AND I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU BEAU FOR PUTTING ME IN MY PLACE AND NOT HESITATING TO DO SO. THANK YOU FOR TAKING WHAT I SAID WITH A GRAIN OF SALT AND I REALY AM SORRY IF IT HURT YOU!!!

LESLIE

• To
      16th of Jul, 2008

Better Business Bureau sums it all up! Cut and paste the link above! This company is apparently no good! Their grade by BBB is "F"

I am so glad I did my research first!

21st of Jul, 2008

I have used fathers choice and I simply wanted custidy papers and EMERGENCY temporary custody papers done and it took 2 weeks to get the papers done then it sat in final review for OVER A MONTH!! Then when I got the documents I get REGULAR temporary custody instead of the EMERGENCY temporary custody papers. I am now probably going to end up not seeing my daughter for who knows how long because I thought this was the cheap and effective way...I should of just coughed up as much money as I had to get an attorney instead of these people that take your money then brush you off to the side!

• St
      24th of Jul, 2008

WELL, I HAD A FRIEND WHO USED FATHER'S CHOICE AND AFTER IS EX-WIFE HIRED A LAWYER, HE ASKED FATHER'S CHOICE FOR FULL REPRESENTATION BECAUSE SUPPOSEDLY THEY WORK WITH ALL THESE LAWYERS IN DIFFERENT STATES. WELL, THEY TOLD HIM THAT HE DID NOT NEED REPRESENTATION, CALL THE NIGHT BEFORE THE COURT DAY AND TOLD HIM THAT IT WILL BE A CONTINUATION AND JUST KEEP HIS COOL. WELL, BOTTOM LINE, HIS EX-WIFE USED THE SYSTEM TO HER ADVANTAGE BECAUSE NOW HE HAS EVERY OTHER WEEKEND 6HRS ON SAT. AND 4HRS ON SUNDAY SUPERVISED VISITATION WITH HIS EX-MOTHER-IN-LAW SUPERVISING..HOW IS THAT FOR VICTORY?

• Ra
      29th of Jul, 2008

My son is in a nasty battle over child support. the woman has remarried and has a house full of children by various men. she has come after my son repeatedly for more money. he makes a good/fair wage but is now left with 90.00 every 2 weeks. he cant afford to be ripped off...i believe we will pass on this. ty to all you HONEST people for the heads up!

• Ru
      9th of Aug, 2008

Father's Choice DID A GREAT JOB!!! Several months ago i was refered to fatherchoice.org by a local legal aide personnel - I read some negative (along with some positive) comments about FC... so I originally chose not to use them - every attorney i contacted wanted at least 1500 as a "retainer", and nobody could tell me how much the ultimate cost would be, nor did they want to talk to me when i told them i had no money for such a large retainer fee...

I ended up enrolling in their program ($98) and they got a court order to me for $845 (i did have to file documants myself, but it was easy - i spoke with an attorney which was paid for by my $49 monthly payment - long story short, I ended up with visitations with my 2 kids!!! After my case was fixed - I went back to see if some negative stuff was still listed against FC, I was glad to see more positive reorting... I decided to write this letter to say that although there appears to be a few unsatisfied people I'm sure there are many many satisfied members. I also read a status that they speak to literaly 400 to 500 fathers every week - so what if service is not free, my kids are worth more than $845 If i win the lottery, im gonna fly to Goleta and throw some money around FC office! I'm gonna post this information on that complaint website also - if you're a father who has good results, lets support these FC guys (i think these negative report guys should realize that any company that realize that when they do make mistakes, their willing to fix things, should be left alone to help all the other guys missing their kids ---> Rudy in WA 205 - 600-6923

14th of Aug, 2008

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM. tHEY LIE THEY HEADS OFF TO GET YOUR MONEY THEN NEVER REFUND IT. CONTACT THE BBB IMMIDIATELY AND FILE A COMPLAINT. ALSO CONTACT YOUR NEWSPAPER AND STATIONS. LETS GET THEM SHUT DOWN. LET'S FILE A LAWSUIT TOGETHER. CONTACT ME AT sarahandcoryb@yahoo.com.

• Mi
      27th of Aug, 2008

I work for Fatherschoice.org And i agree when i first worked there i was very skeptical, i was getting clients calling daily not happy with what the service we say we were providing. But that was 5 weeks ago, and my company is CONSTANTLY changing to improve their ways to increase our ability to provide services for people so you dont have to pay an attorney 2-5, 000 to even listen to your story. You go to the BBB which is a complaint bored, and rip off.com and we have a total of about 200 complaints filed with our company, which i can see would put many of you at unease. Well let me put this into perspective with you, that is 200 total complaints filed against our company which is two years old, out of a total of 18, 000 clients enrolled... that is less then 1% of our total client base. We are a new company, and we are constantly transitioning to improve our service. I am sorry if you are one of those clients who had a bad experience, but i have seen how we help people, and i love working in a company that is there to help reunite families.

• Ka
      26th of Sep, 2008

This company is a total SCAM. We paid them the monthly fee for several months and more than $800 charge that was supposed to be upgraded service and legal advice. They did nothing for us. Now we are going to have to pay for a "Real" attorney to try to unscramble the child visitation and custody mess! We wrote several emails and did not get a response to any of them. Whenever we called it was like pulling teeth to get through to a person. Hopefully they will be stopped before they scam too many more people.

• E
      29th of Sep, 2008

And tell us Fathershcoice- can you PROVE that you have this many clients? Nope- just another used car salesman!
    and the 200 complaints filed against you WILL grow as soon as I launch my website telling everyone what you do.

Ummm... And Rudy you sure your name is not TREVOR RUBEL?? (Salesd Manager for Fatherschoice)
    Hmmm Rudy Trevor- Trevor Ruebel- coincidence? I think not.

you all that are defending them... I know you work for them.. you are posers lying your ### off.

• Je
      17th of Oct, 2008
    Fathers Choice - failed promises
    Phone: 7604804359

We signed up for Fathers Choice on 07/11/2008 and they were going to help us get the paper work done so we could get custody, visitaion, and very low child support paid out and all we have gotten is billed for no services. When we finally got to talk to a case manager they demanded $800.00 and they would have the paperwork done in 2-3 weeks. Our original agreement was that we would get it for free since they haven't done anything for use to this day. They now have a different case manager calling use demanding $800.00 for they paper work and we told them that we had a prior agreement with the other case manager. They said they would get back to us. They still haven't. Now we are demanding all the money that we have paid them so far and they are refusing to refund because we haven't "used their services" yet. I am so angry and my husband is getting rail roaded by his ex-girlfriend because we don't have the money to pay and attorney like she did. Talk about gettin screwed by the system in CA.

• Mo
      28th of Oct, 2008

I was trying to get my boyfriend help with his girls, he already has primary custody but the problem is the mom is on drugs and has family that helps support her habit and is making her fight so no the have joint custody the children have been sexually abuse and emotionally abused so I looks up Fathers Choice and gave them all of his information the next thing I noticed was $48.95 coming out of our account and he said he never authorized it he told them he didn't have the $800.00 they wanted up front. he never recieved any paper work or anything and when I tried to call about the money coming out of our account I never got an answer.

• Kr
      9th of Dec, 2008
    Fathers Choice - Money sent,them nothing
    a fathers choice
    Salem
    Oregon
    Phone: 503 581 6784

I was desprate for a lawyer help me keep my son.Fathers choice is who I found.I barrowed over 500.00 dollars from family ! Since the money has been given I have heard nothing.When I called the number I was given it was dead, I then got on line and in place of there add it was nothin but pages of people they have ripped off!