The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Fathers / Deadbeat Dad

1 United States Review updated:

My daughter's father is a deadbeat dad. He joined the army and decided he didn't have to support his child anymore. I actually think that's the reason he joined but he comes back and thinks everything's gonna be fine and dandy but he's not coming into her life and ruining it by hopping in out. There's no such thing as a part-time dad. She has a step-father now that loves her as his own. I just wish her dad would sign over his rights and leave us alone and let her get on with her life with a dad that really loves her and support her.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • To
      2nd of May, 2008
    -1 Votes

    You are a cold hearted ###, every child deserves to have a relationship with the Dad. Hopefully he will return from fighting for our country and get an attorney and take custody of his daughter from you. And then you can pay the child support or not be allowed to have a relationship with your duaghter... How would you like that? Just becuase it is over between the two of you does not mean that he should give away his rights to his daughter. And you should encourage her to have a good relationship with her DAD. A stepfater though can be nice to have, can not and does not replace the importatnce of have a relationship with your real father. Unless he is abusive with his children, that would be the exception... Something to think about

  • Da
      25th of Sep, 2008
    +1 Votes

    he gave up visitation rights on his own by not patying. if he doesnt even put food in his daughters mouth what right does he have to claim he as anything except his genetic material. he left the country to escape his responsibilities and should not immediately be given those rights just because he was in the army. there are douchebags in every niche of society, including the occasional grunt, and people like you who think someone is a ### because she wants what is best for her daughter..

  • In
      16th of Jan, 2009
    +1 Votes

    The military severely frowns upon irresponsible behavior and you are entitled to child support directly from his military pay. To run away from his responsibility by joining the military was probably one of the worst decisions he could have made. Tom does not know that the sperm donor actually fought for this country or just milked the situation for his own benefit so pay no attention to his comments. Perhaps a guilty conscience Tom? A sperm donor does not a father make. If you are moving on with your life and desire a loving home environment for your family you can terminate the fathers rights on your own without an attorney. Your local courthouse should have the packets available to purchase at a nominal fee and MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY. Best of luck to you...

    Been there, done that!

  • Jb
      21st of Nov, 2010
    0 Votes

    You should check your definition of the word "[censor]" before calling anyone that. It's plain childish to do so! I agree that she is only being a responsible mother/parent by wanting what's best for her child. I can relate to her situation. I am living it myself. Do you not think that it isn't somehow mental abuse to the child by only coming in and out as they wish. My kid's biological father used to only appear once a year. To which as of late we haven't seen or heard from him for two years now. I am content to that...because when he did appear all he caused was chaos and sadness to my kids. It would take a week for them to return back to normal. I agree 100 % with Darkeegan. If he doesn't help at all in anything he should not have any rights to the child!

Post your comment