Fastlife or Fast Impresions, speed dating / overcharged, misrepresentation of age

1 Qu├ębec, Canada Review updated:

Don't use FastLife EVER!!! 2 of us were overcharged and they misrepresent the age range of people at the events. We were offered a special price of $34.99 tax included since they were "missing girls" and then paid $43.25 (my friend even more than that). At the event, I find out that they combined a much older age group of men for this 32-40 year old event and did not inform me of this. FastLife called it a "rescheduling". Many men were well into their 40s and admitted that they had reservations about attending, and others admitted that Fastlife said they were "missing guys". I also did not receive any follow-up to the event via e-mail either to say there were or were not matches, and they could not produce one when asked. In requesting reimbursement, FasLlife wanted a $10 administration charge to handle the reimbursement of the error THEY made!!! They should absorb the cost since it was their error. It makes no sense. Poorly handled in so many aspects. Don't use FASTLIFE ever.

Comments

• Ho
      23rd of Nov, 2008

I have a feeling that fastlife purposefully does not provide any matches so that customers can keep spending money. I have two reasons to support my suspicion. One, I had a great time at the first fastlife speed dating event in Toronto, and I picked quite a few matches, but fastlife later reported none picked me. I don't take myself for granted, but it felt strange that none picked me. Two, a couple days later, fastlife sent me an invitation, saying that another similar event was about to take place, and for some reason, they had trouble finding enough guys, and they were willing to give me a discount. So, I fell for it. I went to the event. Next day, fastlife again reported that none picked me. Here comes the most interesting thing: later that night, fastlife sent me another invitation, exactly the same as the one I received two days ago, claiming they had trouble find enough guys. Only at that time, I thought to myself, I had been a fool all along. So, you all single professionals out there, especially in Toronto, don't waste any money on fastlife. They should be sued.

• In
      2nd of Oct, 2010

I AGREE WITH THE HONEST GUY COMPLETELY. FASTLIFE SEEMS FAKE TO ME.

• Fr
      24th of Dec, 2010

Totally agree, I had a horrible experience with FastLife in the US too. They are the most unprofessional (bordering on con-artists) group I have ever had the displeasure of trying! When I attended their event, the hostess never showed up and never bothered to call or email any of the participants to warn us that she would not be there. In fact no messages or apologies about it were ever sent to us (the participants) after the fact. When I called their 800 number to ask for a refund, I basically got the runaround. After three weeks of putting up with their excuses, I reported them to the fraud division of my credit card company. Fast Life (or FastLife or Fast Impressions, whatever they go by) Speed Dating is a total hack shop, they will take your money and give you nothing in return. Stay away!

15th of Aug, 2011

Same experience for me. I signed up for an event in Boston but then it was cancelled, yet still had a "SOLD OUT" on the web site. They said in the Terms and Conditions I could not get a refund but would have to wait and sign-up for another event. Given that many past events were "SOLD OUT" I wonder how many real events ever take place since SOLD OUT could mean "CANCELLED". It is possible there is never an event in Boston (or elsewhere) and they just keep your money. Now to add insult to the injury, they next two events in Boston are not even applicable to me (I'm not Hindu) and I'm not 20 something... this puts me into November. I would highly NOT RECOMMEND this organization.

• Cr
      4th of Jun, 2014

I had a similar experience with an event in San Francisco. They said the event was "sold out." When my friend and I got arrived, there was only a hostess and 2 men. By 8:00, no one else showed up, so we left. I complained and they first offered me 50% to try this horrible event again. Then they said they'd comp my next one. Why would I want to drive all that way (I live in Fremont)?? Save your money and try one of the lower priced speed dating (like dateswitch). Half the price and a better experience.