FastLaptopRepair.com / Scammed

1 405 S. Parliament Drive Suite 104Virginia Beach, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 757-716-7765

I sent a laptop computer to this company for repairs. Their website claims they can fix what others can't and faster. After sending them the laptop a youngster by the name of Jamie Steadman called me a few days later and said the computer was repaired. I was impressed but slightly suspicious. He said he would send it back that day and then charged my credit card $233 during this conversation.

A month goes by and the computer has still not arrived. I called Jamie Steadman and inquired as to the whereabouts of the computer. He gives me the run around asking for dates of when I was charged, a stalling tactic. I got the date from my credit card bill and called him back. This time he got cocky and smart mouthed over the phone like a stubborn thumb sucking child and abruptly hung up on me without giving me a reasonable answer as to when I would receive the computer.

I looked up 'Fast Laptop Repair' and '1 Hideout' on the Better Business Bureau's web site only to see I wasn't the only victim of this loser. After several failed attempts at contacting Jamie Steadman, we went to our local police department and asked the cops to call and persuade this thumb sucker Jamie to send the computer back, which he did 7 weeks after I sent it to him and only after the cops called him.

The computer was NOT repaired and he told the officer over the phone that he couldn't repair it, yet he told me 6 weeks prior to this that he did repair it. So he lied to me and charged my credit card $233 for a repair he did not do.

I contacted the credit card company and was able to do a charge back for the $233. Jamie Steadman had the gall to call me and tell me he was turning over my account to a collections agency and inflated the amount of money from $233 to $325 for a repair he admits he did not do.

His website is misleading. It states 'they' when it's only him, and that he/they can repair things that others can't. He couldn't repair my laptop and was a very uncooperative person to deal with. I believe he had no intentions on returning it to me until I had the cops call him. I suspect he was trying to keep it. Jamie Steadman never returned any of my calls. I have never done business with someone on such an immature level.

Va

Comments

1st of Aug, 2008

Wow! This is exactly what is happening to me now, with the same idiot Jaimie steadman. Do not do business with this website or this person.

• Sy
      3rd of Jun, 2009
    FastLaptopRepair.com - Stolen Computer
    Colorado

I sent them my computer 1 month ago, they indicated they received it by email and would respond within 5 days with the diagnosis of the problem. They have not, and have not responded to 5 inquiries from me by phone and email. I consider this laptop stolen now.