FastHosts.co.uk / FastHosts - UK's leading rip off web hosting!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Fasthosts.co.uk - uk's is leading rip off web hosting - web hosting company uk scamming customers. Fasthosts.co.uk will rip off their customers with no conscience. The biggest rip off in internet web hosting and domain registration. We had several domains and when we requested a new provider for registration, they refused to transfer the domains.

If you want a bad or even better a worst rated hosting company, then go to fasthosts.co.uk the rip off of hosting service.

Comments

31st of Oct, 2008

Yes I am having terrible trouble to get 22.44 Euros back from Fasthosts for a service that I never activated, they are very very difficult to deal with, I am now taking legal advice on this matter. Maria Jose

• Zi
      1st of Nov, 2008

streamline.net, fasthosts.co.uk and internet Wunderkind Ralph Dummermuth of United Internet AG
    Ralph Dummermuth's influence on UK web hosting since taking over the UK's leading web host fasthosts.co.uk in 1999 has been nothing if not disastrous for the consumer in its philosophy of total disregard for and steamrollering over UK law.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    PRLog (Press Release) – Nov 01, 2008 – Streamline.net, fasthosts.co.uk and Ralph Dummermuth of United Internet AG

I had my bank account wrongfully debited by a webhosting company, streamline.net, that refused to cancel a three-month trial period then sneakily took a one-year premium hosting package cost from my account - I tried to indict for contravention of the Theft Act, but the Chief Constable of the area of the offence passed it to a subordinate who in turn passed it on to the Derbyshire Trading Standards Office and my money was bounced back into my account - it is illegal, a criminal offence punishable by up to 10 years in prison to wrongfully or deceitfully debit an account (and using steamroller pressure can be termed a form of deceit if use of the law becomes forcefully intimidatory and is unfounded: it is also illegal to use the law in pursuance of an offence, and the law comes down on it like a ton of bricks.

I now know that streamline.net were sellers-on of the talents of fasthosts.co.uk who bought streamline.net's customer base last May/June. I now know that fasthosts.co.uk sold out to United Internet AG for 90 million euros (£61mill) in 1999, or more to the point, sold out to Ralph Dummermuth, the German internet billionare who founded '1 und1' and who is the main shareholder of the owning company United Internet Ag.

Today I sent emails to the board members of fasthosts.co.uk, Andrew Michael CEO (the founder), Michael Hogan Finance Director, Mark Cowne Sales & Marketing Director, Steve Holford Press, and Billing, and Support, informing them of my intention to apply for their indictment and the indictment of the actual instigators, for theft if they do not return money continually taken from my bank after I had cancelled my Distance Selling contract with them due to their poor support. Google the Distance Selling statute and you will see just how the steamroller these companies use is a cover, a camouflage for their ignoring the demands made on them by the Distance Selling statute and just how they have drifted into dangerous ground given the Theft Act - google this as well!

I also sent a copy of the email to rdummermuth@united-internet.de nlang@united-internet.de kdobitsch@united-internet.de mscheeren@united-internet.de (the board) mschap@united-internet.de info@united-internet.de presse@united-internet.de investor-relations@united-internet.de hostmaster@united-internet.de .

The greater the number of the more detailed type of emails the board and their minions receive from disgruntled customers that suffer because of the 'robust' methods for making a billion or two he seems to have exported into the UK the US and not forgetting the poor sods in Germany who my research tells me have had it harder for a lot longer, the more Herr Dummermuth might come to realise the role that good old honest customer relations might play in him keeping a euro or two.

What say you?

If you need help to make up your mind type into Google either 'streamline.net, legal' 'Andrew Dollamore, legal' 'Dollamore Ltd, legal' or 'fasthosts.co.uk, legal' and check the forums for a sense of the human suffering caused since Herr Dummermuth's appearance on the scene, and check German legal advice forums if you want a hint of the effect that this man has had on his own people and just how bad it it is going become for us all if his philosophy of the most cash taken before the smallest courtesy of support given goes unchecked.
    # # # + Share This Article

• Cr
      12th of Oct, 2009

I agree, had many problems with numerous domains, now support is contracted out to eastern block countries, stay WELL clear of this shower of ### that is Fasthosts.co.uk

• To
      20th of Oct, 2009
    FastHosts.co.uk - Billing problems
    Fasthosts.co.uk
    United Kingdom

I have been dealing with Fasthosts for almost 10 years but never again. I could drone on for hours about their awful service and fraudulent practics but suffice to say I have now moved all my domains to Enom. I will never use fasthosts again and if you are thinking of using them - DON'T.

• To
      20th of Oct, 2009

Fasthosts suck.

23rd of Nov, 2009

Im having problems too, I was out of the country, the direct debit was made for the start of the month but they took it mid month! Within 14 days they had closed the server down, complain and nothing happens, how did you transfer your domains? Dont they hold the information for the domain?

23rd of Nov, 2009

Infact they tell you to borrow the money, instead of waiting 7 days, pathetic!

14 days in Ibiza very nice, fasthosts crap

• 0i
      16th of Jan, 2010

im having severe problems with fasthosts.. i have 3 websites and can only access one ' and they wont even reply to my emails, ive spoken 3 times on the phone with them and its been a complete waste of time and money' the only option for me now is to wait for the domains to expire and go elsewhere. its realy getting to me and ive spent hundreds of pounds with these b@s#ards and they just brush you aside once they have your cash.. if fasthosts where an high street store they would have been closed and bankrupt within a week of opening. if there's no change soon i will be all over this net and will make sure these clowns know it. from one very unhappy person

ps; can anyone advise on a good reliable web hosting service? thanx ' T

• Ba
      5th of Mar, 2011
    FastHosts.co.uk - Please do yourself a favor and completely avoid FastHosts.co.uk
    Fasthosts.co.uk
    fasthosts.co.uk

Please do yourself a favor and completely avoid FastHosts.co.uk. Our server went offline several times in a month's time and it took them DAYS to respond! And now they are trying to keep billing me even after I have cancelled the service. This is the worst web hosting company ever.

• Fa
      21st of Apr, 2011

Fasthosts is committed to Customer Satisfaction. It is many years since these complaints were issued, and processes have changed significantly in that time. All customers now receive pro-active notifications of annual billings 30 days before they are charged to accounts. We also now have a customer care and complaints team who focus solely on ensuring experience like those described here are dealt with in the appropriate professional manner. If you would like to get in contact with Fasthosts please contact us on our local rate number 0844 583 0777.

• Si
      23rd of Apr, 2011

I STRONGLY suggest EVERYONE takes a look at these other hosting reviews websites re FASTHOSTS:

• Fa
      24th of Apr, 2011

Thanks for posting these review sites, its always good to get feedback good and bad so we can improve in the future. We've listened and acted on a lot of the issues described on these sites, if you want to see what we've done please visit our blog http://blogs.fasthosts.co.uk/2011/04/customer-service-improvements

• Si
      25th of Apr, 2011

Utter ### / OPEN your eyes people and DO NOT TRUST COWBOYS FASTHOSTS!

Follow @FasthostsShit on Twitter and read all his Tweets, Retweets and related links. Plenty of comments from unhappy, rippedoff and pissed off customers that had a CRAP service and their credit debit/credit card debited after they attempted to cancel the 1 year renewal TRAP. PLENTY OF EVIDENCE THAT CONTRADICTS FASTHOSTS UTTER PILE OF ###!

SPREAD THE WORD - AVOID FASTHOSTS !

• Co
      22nd of Apr, 2014

I really do not like to slag anyone off but they really live up to their bad reputation. I' have been with them for more than a year and never gave them a bad review, even though all the bad stuff I read about them on forums, was kind of making sense. I had never hosted any website before I took upon their services, so I simply thought..what can you expect for 8 £ a month, maybe that's how it has to be...my site was quite slow, and on average 2-3 times a week down, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for 5 minutes.

But they are not just bad hosts, they are idiots too, bunch of scams that care only about your credit card number and can't even pull their dirty tricks. Right now they offer 6 months 40% discount on their website for Business Gold package. When I emailed support staff and asked them to upgrade my package from Silver to Business Gold, they clearly refused me an advertised discount, ready to upgrade me straight away but not at the discount. They simply thought that I was tied to a one year contract.

When I complained and It turned out that I can raise a closure request because my contract came to an end, and only service continues to renew, they told me that only sales team may be able to grant me a discount, but this is no guarantee, they said. So why they advertise a discount if they do not guarantee it? It should say :"you might get 40% off for 6 months" or rather they should specify that the discount is only for new customers, which would no make sense anyway, I would think you should look after your existing customers and offer discounts especially to them.

I don't know what they smoke, but they should put this stuff away. Stay away from them, unless you don't mind slow, oversold, overpriced servers with lying support telling you all the time that everything is OK on their end, when you complain about your website being down all the time. The response is very good, I can't take it away from them, they usually email back quite quickly and 24/h.