Fasthosts web hosting / Deceptive selling

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I just found out that my "monthly" hosting deal with Fasthosts was actually an 18month contract!!! It was way down - really way down - in the small print (accessed by the terms and conditions link). How very deceptive! No mention at all was made up-front of a long term contract. Surely a vital piece of information for a purchaser!!!

Very, very disappointing behaviour. I've spoken to Customer Relations and they simply repeated the line "You ticked to agree the terms and conditions"

Fashosts - be very careful before you buy anything !!

Comments

• St
      21st of Mar, 2010
    Fasthosts web hosting - Stealing My Money
    Fasthosts
    United Kingdom

Fasthosts were once a good hosting provider. Today they are to be avoided. Their support is a disgrace; it is slow, unpredictable, and sometimes completely lacking. I have not had to deal with such a sluggish and unresponsive business in all my long working life. My catalogue of issues brought me to the position where I have had to move my hosted domains, and so I asked for them to be withdrawn, in very plain English. Indeed, I have made several attempts (by email, using their web forms and by telephone) over the past month to have my hosted domains cancelled. And the result? Today, adding insult to injury, they have taken payment for £129 for two accounts I specifically asked to be cancelled. Blatant theft.

If I charged them for the time I have already spent and frustration I have had to endure in trying to get them to respond I might feel compensated, but alas there is yet more to come.

Steer clear, spread the word.